Trailer Trash

Sundailies (Read 25 times)

Daydreamer1

Ended up getting in a little over 6 miles last night in the dark. In the middle of the run my light died. No traffic so no problem.

Today's a rest day, at least running wise. Spending 24 hours at work and we are short staffed so it will probably be busy.  I was about 1/2 to work this morning when I realized that I had left my phone at home.  Now I'm trying to meet up with one of the kids so I can get it. I use it for too much stuff here at work to not have it on me.

I haven't had time this morning to look up Keystone's progress at Oil Creek, but last evening it looked like he was doing OK.

QOTD: How attached are you to your electronic devices?  For me It's far too much.  When I realized that I didn't have my phone this morning it was almost a mild panic attack, but than I use it for a lot of work stuff including drug calculations and looking up some of the more obscure treatment protocols. I didn't actually have a cell phone until 2006, now it's hard to exist without one.  When I don't have internet access I get rather upset, to the point that I sometimes wonder if it's not an addiction.

some call me Tim

Resting here, too, though I'm doing ok. Yesterday I got in about 16 miles pacing a friend to the finish in his first 50 miler, one that followed roads that wind around Canandaigua, one of NY's smaller Finger Lakes. He put in such a great performance, running almost everything and moving well right to the end. I tried to get him to push a little in the last couple miles because he was right on the cusp of breaking 8h, but in the end he came in about a minute and a half over, exceeding his expectations by about 20 minutes. It was such a privilege to be a part of that. I'd volunteered to ferry around the drop bags and got to see him and other new and old friends on the course in different spots, then picked him up at mile 34 and I knew how well he was doing and tried to just channel that excitement to him. Weather was perfect, fall colors were stunning, and there was a grape pie festival going on. Oh, and my foot did fine. I'm limping a little today, but I think it's possible I'm just real beat up and not broken. Anyway, it was a great day :-)

qotd: Yeah, I was a late adopter, too, but between having widely scattered friends, being stuck at home with small children, and now trying to build a web design business, there's pretty much no going back. I try to be without it sometimes and excuse myself from having to answer things as soon as they come in, but it'd be a problem if I left it behind accidentally.

muppy

6.4 Road miles last night, even did some speed work.

QOTD Once or twice a year I forget my phone when I go to work,  it is actually nice not being connected to it all day.  I will say I am pretty much addicted to my phone and play on it half the day such as I am doing now.

NHLA

5 miles Eagle Rock.  Getting some nice color.

qotd  8-5 I try to keep it with me but thats it. On weekends I leave it in the car.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 technical miles with DD up rattlesnake mountain. It was so incredibly beautiful with all the fall colors and the sun slowly sinking in the sky.

QOTD: Not at all. I often forget my cellphone, and usually I don't even notice it. Only time I miss it is during lunchtime at work, but if I don't have it, I just look out the window, or watch people. I barely ever take it with me on runs, too, no point in schlepping it around when there's not even a signal in most places.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Had a 3 day weekend here and just busy with 'stuff''.  We did go to the US Navy 240th birthday ball on Saturday night.  It was kinda fun.  The US Navy has relocated some people here to Busan, who are living in local housing sort of near us (not on a base) so we are starting to see a few more American families around here in the last 2 or 3 months.  Kinda weird actually.

I did do some running, Friday up/down the mountain for 7 mi (I did a FKT for me), Saturday did another 'quick' run for 14 mi, and then Sunday I did 13 mi over the 'small hill' to find the 100k finish area.  The last 15 or so miles of the 100k I'll be doing in a few weeks goes over the same mountain I ran over on Sat and then follows the same run over the 'small hill' I did on Sun to the finish line.  So I'm very familiar with the last bit of the 100k.  I've also run the trail that makes up the first 30 miles of the 100k a few times.  Just don't know the middle part.

It's Monday here now and today's a SRD.

qotd:  I have to admit, I peak at the phone for my news fix quite a bit.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

runtraildc

Late to the party today.  Got in 7 miles on the trails by this weekend's swim meet.  We're here a couple of times a year so I like to find a break in events to fit in a run.  Races were spaced out today and so I was able to hit the trails.  A mtn bike race was taking place, but the section of course I ran most have been the start since I only saw a couple of recreational bikers and no one else.

qotd:  A bit too much, but traveling in August forced me (and my kids) to take a break.  We either had no reception, or very slow service.  It was really nice.

LB2

Sunday I hiked 2 miles. I have sort of hit a slump. I'm just a little tired. I haven't had a day off on the weekend from running in quite some time.

QOTD: Not that much. I'll look at facebook on my phone once in awhile at home.

LB2

Keep Going

Ended up getting in a little over 6 miles last night in the dark. In the middle of the run my light died. No traffic so no problem.

Today's a rest day, at least running wise. Spending 24 hours at work and we are short staffed so it will probably be busy.  I was about 1/2 to work this morning when I realized that I had left my phone at home.  Now I'm trying to meet up with one of the kids so I can get it. I use it for too much stuff here at work to not have it on me.

I haven't had time this morning to look up Keystone's progress at Oil Creek, but last evening it looked like he was doing OK.

QOTD: How attached are you to your electronic devices?  For me It's far too much.  When I realized that I didn't have my phone this morning it was almost a mild panic attack, but than I use it for a lot of work stuff including drug calculations and looking up some of the more obscure treatment protocols. I didn't actually have a cell phone until 2006, now it's hard to exist without one.  When I don't have internet access I get rather upset, to the point that I sometimes wonder if it's not an addiction.

I survived and finished Dreamer! Thanks for thinking of me out there in the cold and foggy PA forest. 30:33:33 was my time and good lord my ankles and feet are destroyed. Legs actually feel ok. I will say this I switched to using poles and never ever used them before and it saved my ass I think. I used them for the last 70 miles! Still trying to process it all. Running 100 miles was incredible and seeing the carnage at 2 am along the trail and at aid stations was surreal. People literally all alone sleep walking in the fog and just out of it was crazy. And yes I will do it again!!  But I need some rest first..

100 milers are my favorite