Trailer Trash

My Free State 100k RR and Pics (Read 52 times)

Messenjah

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Haha!  Brad, you sound like me...  "And then I left that aid station and a half mile later realized that I forgot all my gels!  CRAP!"  I've had that happen way too many times.

Seriously, it sounds like you ran an awesome race and I'm so happy that you nailed your 100K!  It's the craziest feeling running from sunrise until sunset and into the night, isn't it?

Also, I have to say that I'm jealous you got to eat some of Eric's pumpkin cookies again!

Running is dumb.

Birdwell

Congratulations! I especially liked your encouraging words to the 1/2 marathoners.

Snowdenrun

I really enjoyed reading this! It was totally honest. Go you for overcoming your mental low points!

moonlightrunner

Congratulations!  Great race report and an amazing effort!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Nice job to you and Byron.  Did you know he was going to sing going into this?  That cracked me up.

**Ask me about streaking**

Messenjah

You never can really tell with him. He kept singing this "Let me tell you 'bout my BEST FRIEND..." song that neither of us know where it is from. He was cracking me up.

Nice job to you and Byron.  Did you know he was going to sing going into this?  That cracked me up.

Messenjah

I kept telling Eric that the cookies were the reason I was having stomach problems. It was really funny.

Also, I have to say that I'm jealous you got to eat some of Eric's pumpkin cookies again!

Daydreamer1

Bacon and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. That's almost enough to get me to drive to Kansas for this race.

I haven't done a 100k yet. Your description of your mental state makes me wonder how I'll handle it when I get tired.

Messenjah

I honestly think that if I would have had my damn Red Bull I would have been much better off...Damn. 3 days later and I'm still pissed about that Smile

Bacon and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. That's almost enough to get me to drive to Kansas for this race.

I haven't done a 100k yet. Your description of your mental state makes me wonder how I'll handle it when I get tired.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Then after you run a 100K, you start to wonder about what your mental state will be like at mile 80 and feel this strange, sick, twisted need to find out.

Running is dumb.

Messenjah

I was looking up Western States qualifiers yesterday.....We are a sick bunch, aren't we? Big grin

Then after you run a 100K, you start to wonder about what your mental state will be like at mile 80 and feel this strange, sick, twisted need to find out.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Awesome, great job, congratulations on finishing!

While you forgot your Red Bull and gels, I diligently picked up gels at the AS in my last race, left, and realized I had no way of storing them conveniently. Resulted in frost bite on my hands.

The course looks tough, and I always find boulders hard to conquer when your legs are not willing to cooperate any more. Way to tough it out and recover!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Great job.  I am glad you did not give up.  Now you can look back and be proud of that decision.

Regarding the Red Bull: in  my race on Sat, there was a guy (who totally did not look the part of a runner) who put down three cans of an "energy" drink back-to-back-to-back as he mosied on up the hills.  I suppose it worked for him.  He blew by the next AS because of having the three cans.  After finishing each one, he smashed the can and put it in his backpack - only to then get another can.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

RabbitChaser

Great job, Brad! For the record, it was NOT my cookies that made you sick. LOL

You looked strong coming across the finish. Hopefully I'll be able to partake in that race next year.