Trailer Trash

New RDs for Cajun Coyote: FORGE Racing (Read 47 times)

So I just noticed there's a new company that's taken over the Cajun Coyote races: FORGE Racing.  Anyone know anything about them?  I'm seriously considering signing up for the 100-mile this year, but want to make sure it's going to be well managed & supported.  The new website is http://forgeracing.net/2013-cajun-coyote/

Occasional Runner

You worry too much! It's only 100 miles! Jo and I will be there, so if things go to shit, at least we'll all have each other!

If it were local, I wouldn't worry as much.  But it'd suck to pay for a bunch of travel costs and have the race suck too!  That said, I have a couple of other friends who want to run it, so if things go south we can all gripe about it over several beers Big grin

Occasional Runner

EDRW...don't forget, Deception Pass is the following weekend.

I'll probably volunteer for that one Wink  Will you be coming out for that?  Also, it looks like FORGE was involved with the race last year, so it's all good.  Are you signed up yet?

Occasional Runner

I'm registered for Cajun Coyote. I thought I sent you an email so you could add it to the list. Sorry.

I'm going to run Deception Pass. I think I'm going to run the 25k on Saturday and then the 50k on Sunday. It looks like fun.

I'm registered for Cajun Coyote. I thought I sent you an email so you could add it to the list. Sorry.

I'm going to run Deception Pass. I think I'm going to run the 25k on Saturday and then the 50k on Sunday. It looks like fun.

I had you listed as running CC, just wasn't sure if you had already registered.  As for DP, hadn't realized he was breaking up the races into two different days.  Makes sense though since his races sell out.  This probably means more people can run them.  (And it was a pain having to deal with the 25Kers, many of whom are new to the trails).

Ky JohnTerry

EDRW,

I just finished reading your Rocky 100 in Texas; what a great story. You kept my interest the whole time. Congratulations on going back to seek revenge on the trail.

I have just started to really appreciate trails, and hopefully I will be able to do a 100 sometime in the future. It takes a special person with a special will to do those distances and my hat is off to everyone who participates.

Good luck on your future endeavors.

Thanks John!

Sandy-2

Interesting about the RD change, I noticed that the Coyote Two Moon went away and was wondering how the Cajun Coyote would fare.  I guess this is my answer.

I have this one on my radar, but haven't actually signed up yet.  We'll see, I'll continue fence sitting for now...

tbd.

LB2

You don't need to worry about the quality of the race director.

1. Is he a piece of crap? Yes

2. Is he a loser? Yes

3. Do I despise him on a personal level? Yes

4. Does he know how to put on a race: Hell Yes!!!

Actually, Jeff is a great person who puts on many trail races from 5K to 100 miles. It will be a fun time, and in truth, I hold him in high regard.

LB2

That's great to know LB!  And Sandy, the Coyote Two Moon went away since they were having trouble getting permits from the city of Ojai, from what I understand.  They have another race (forget the name, but think it also has "Coyote" in it) that's 68 miles and will be held at the end of March.

bubba hotep

LB2 has it covered but I will 2nd that Forge Racing is good people.  In fact, I think that I will probably end up down there for the 100 mile.

And then there was blog

LB2

LB2 has it covered but I will 2nd that Forge Racing is good people.  In fact, I think that I will probably end up down there for the 100 mile.

Good news. It has been too long. BTW, bring shoes... I was looking for you at Rocky Raccoon.

LB2