Trailer Trash

Tis the Tuesdaily (Read 19 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

got a grueling lunge/squat workout in yesterday morning, 3-ish miles with DW and Tiny E- we remembered the microspikes this time

planning on 3-ish after work

qotd: do you use trekking poles?  ever use them in a race?  I use mine almost always hiking, but have used them on some longer mountain runs too. Have not used them in a race yet, but can see myself doing so in the future

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning, Warden!  Good afternoon to our East coast slackers!

QOTD: I do not have poles, but have considered getting some.  I don't need them around here, but they sure seem like they would be useful in the mountains.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I choose to lay in bed for awhile and not run as I heard rain up to 4 ish and didn't feel like getting wet.  Will run at lunch (it's sunny now) and maybe even fit in a gym visit.

QOTD:  I feel like if you use poles you are not running    you are hiking.  I worry about having to hold them on runnable sections.  That being said my friend said they really help when hiking up hills.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Got in 10 miles this morning with my Tuesday running friend. We did a bike trail that descends into DC, then ran up the trail in Rock Creek to the metro to get back to the car. At mile 7, we found a $20 bill on the ground. No one else in sight, so I picked it up. I hate losing money so I feel bad for the person who dropped it. We used the money to buy lunch at the deli by my car. I hope that is enough karma-- spending the money in a locally owned business.

qotd: no, I don;t think they apply to my kind of running.

LB2

I think 4 after work.

QOTD: No, but I think they are quite handy to take some of the strain off your quads in a mountainous race. My main issue with poles is that they require my hands, which are normally holding bottles. If I don't have bottles in my hands, I tend to forget to drink until it is too late.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

QOTD:  I feel like if you use poles you are not running    you are hiking. 

please don't tell that Killian 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

https://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/thumbs/105474-Good-Morning-Garfield.gif

Good morning, Warden!  Good afternoon to our East coast slackers!

Yo kiddo. While you were all snuggled up like a bug in a rug I was running around taking care of people who really didn't need a darn thing from me but thought they did .

Staggered into the house this morning after fleeing the work drama (God I have no idea how some people exist with so much drama in their lives).  Was feeling tired and beat up. Just crawled out of bed feeling like.................................well, see above.

I really, really need to run but I have several problems. First is...............see the above picture for full explanation.  Second is that until I really feel half alive it will be dark out and DW will be wanting me to make supper which is supposed to be grilled sausage. Running after grilled sausage sandwiches? No thanks.  Third problem is that I probably could wake up if I had a source of caffeine. The problem is I HATE coffee and drinking too much Monster Rehab messes with my stomach .

I'll probably stagger out for a walk and see if a run happens. Planning on 5 miles hopefully more.

Random thought/question?  If we have to put up with winter why can't the days have at least 18 hours of sunlight .

QOTD:  Used them in several races. Love them. Incidentally I don't use them so much for the hills, although they really do help with those, but I use them more for the rocky, sketchy sections. They've saved me from more then a few bad ankle rolls.  What I really don't like about them is they do keep me from carrying a water bottle.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No poles!!!

See the source image

please don't tell that Killian 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

No poles!!!

See the source image

I'm sure that he'd say that it has something to do with the cold...   

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Sandy-2

I also slept in this morning so I did 5 mi at lunch.  Right near my office there is a big hotel and today there are three tricked-out RVs in the lot.  Willie Nelson is playing downtown tonight so I guess the RVs are his entourage.  However there isn't any smoke coming from the RVs, so then again maybe not. 

qotd: I have never used poles, same issue as others, I prefer handheld bottles to a hydropak.  But I have been wondering if I should give them a try on the next 'hilly' run I do though.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Late to the party. I went down to Rock Creek and ran on the trails for a long run. I lost $20 and ran around for a while looking for it. Oh well.

QOTD:  I've used poles in 1 race and R2R2R and have trained with them.  I personally like them for steep technical downhills.  I wear a pack, so hands are free.  Sue, don't go to Europe and tell them they aren't running.

Now these thing looks pretty silly. Nordic Walking Poles.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning...  oops, evening I guess. Too much work for me.

DD1: I have that problem with waking up and staying awake, too. Slept through both my alarms on Sunday and woke up 11/2 hours late. Only 20 min late for work, though. I was awake then alright, but after work I just crash on the couch these days. 55 hr work weeks, plus everything else, is showing its nasty side effects on me.

AT: must be some super expensive highly sophisticated equipment if they really work to support you. Probably just for mental support?

QOTD: I have never used them for running or hiking, but for snowshoeing on very steep terrain. Can’t grab a hold of the ground on these snowshoes. For running, I usually climb up on all fours if it is too steep, and consider the downhill a balance challenge.

Howvee, at Eastern States 100, I would have been glad to have poles because of the many very steep and tricky downhills 20,000+ feet. Might have prevented some serious knee pain on those last 30 miles.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet...

QOTD: Yes and yes.  Black diamond collapsible poles.  I can carry them in my pack and then pull them out when needed.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday