Trailer Trash

Fantastic Fridaily (Read 27 times)

moonlightrunner

Good Morning!

I am trying to be optimistic with the title. Things went downhill early because the Starbucks drive through gave me a light roast with cream And sugar rather than the dark roast I ordered. I was down the road before I sampled it.  But...if that was the worst part of my day I will still count it as a fantastic day.

No run today. Off work a little early then grandma duty to until 2pm tomorrow.

Qotd: how important is your morning beverage to your day...and what us it? I LOVE coffee. The darker the better...not a Sumatra fan...love french and Italian and espresso roasts.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

DigDug2

5.5 this morning - loving the cool weather and beautiful sunrises.  Will do the stepper at the gym later in my continuing quest to beat up my quads.

QOTD:  I drink a couple of cups of coffee every morning, but I'm not particularly uptight about when/where/how I get it.  Often I don't have my first cup until I'm at work, 3 hours after I woke up, ran, ate breakfast, showered, dressed and commuted.

Have a great weekend, all.

Marley and I had a nice 4 mile trail run. The calf got tight again so 4 miles was about the limit.

<form>

QOTD: I love my coffee!

</form>

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

5 or 6 miles in the dark with my puppy this morning. It was COLD this morning. I wore gloves and long sleeve tech shirt for the first time in months. I have conflicting feelings about the change in weather.

QOTD: I drink coffee before my run and Coke Zero the rest of the day...until beer time, anyway.

runtraildc

Morning!  It is a fantastic Friday.  First time in months, my sore/tight left hip flexor feels great.  Yoga yesterday helped, but I think it was the combination of rolling and myrtl exercises last night that really worked.  So, I'll run today, maybe 3 miles, maybe on the treadmill at the gym to also get in some core/strength training in.

Moonlight- I feel your pain.  It's not the worst thing, but there's something about getting bad coffee (or just not your coffee) that can really be unreasonably upsetting.  I try to taste mine before I leave, but often forget.  Recently, I was given a soy milk coffee (ick).  Just last weekend,  got a latte that was supposed to be 'half decaf', but really just was half a shot of espresso. 

qotd:  If it is not already clear from above, incredibly important.  I don't drink coffee usually before I run, but definitely after and definitely before I leave the house.   And often again in the afternoon.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am not sure if I will run tonight or tomorrow.  I am thinking tomorrow.  Picking up some living room furniture tonight and then helping my dad move a storage unit full of boxes tomorrow.  Fun times ahead.

QOTD: I don't do coffee.  I know I am in the minority there.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Double post

Run for fun.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Done at work, stuffed myself with a scone, and now the big question is, where will I run today? Have to take advantage of kids in after-school activities at their school. 

Moonlight: If you'd gotten your coffee at wegmans, this might not have happened. Just sayin...

Does not have a drive-through, though.

DD2: I tried to beat up my quads during training for ES100. Did not succeed. Up side is, quads proved to be strong enough in the race. Hope this will be the case for you, too.

TT: Way to go!

Kelly: You're my kind of guy: loving 100 miles, coke zero, beer, ambivalent about current and future temps... we could be twins, who knows. On second thought, maybe not. I will always be slow, while you are beating up the front guys. Sigh.

Traildc: woohoo, hope the soreness will stay gone!

Jamie: Moving a storage unit, I hear you. DH and I did that several times, usually overnight, when the kids wew really small - think an infant and a toddler. Still having sweet dreams of breastfeeding inside the unit, snuggled up in a moving blanket, or wheeee-ing through the halls and aisles on a little wagon with the kids. Or DS riding his tractor or tricycle there, pulling his baby brother along in a small toy trailer, while DH and I were schlepping boxes, and DD was unpacking hers to make sure her stuffed animals were still comfy. Oh, the times...

QOTD: not important. I usually have tea, often green, but I can also roll on fake or real coffee, black tea, milk, hot chocolate, soda, juice, or just plain water. I often have a coffee (flavored, if I can get it), or cafix with milk later in the day - a habit I picked up since I started work in a coffee shop. But no big deal if I miss it. After years of training, I am still not used to caffeine, so I can have 1 cup of joe, the rest is decaf.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

I had a nice run this morning up on FTYC's mountain. I ran with my SIL, her friend and 2 dogs. Quite the crew, it was lots of fun.  Pretty cool temps compared to what I would have had at home.

qotd: need coffee, even if it's only decaf.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Me and Earl had a nice little 5.5 this morning...funny how the squirrels make th emost noise in the woods.  Going to Fast Fridays tonight..maybe Mt Biking with OM (Old Man) tomorrow and his birthday is Sunday so may go tohis swap meet with him.

QOTD: If I run in the morning then my morning beverage is a cold glass of milk...I start looking forward to it when I have 2 miles left. I than hope my Samuel Adams glass is clean because that makes it extra special.    Next is coffee, with flavored creamer in it.  It's sweet and warm with a little kick and helps get things moving.  Lastly when on vacation that first beer of the morning is usually the best, especially when icy cold. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

SRD. Spending 24 hours at work.

QOTD: Can't stand coffee for some reason. Drank some when I was 4-5 years old, got sick and have never been able to stand the stuff. Don't really have any favorite morning drinks, but I do like to have some type of caffeinated, non carbonated drink during the day. On the other hand DW needs her morning coffee. Without it she gets GRUMPY .

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Weather is really cooling off and rain in forecast for tomorrow's run.  I won;lt know how to dress, it's been a while since i had a cold rainy run.

QOUT:  I'll go with the rest of the PA Trailer Trashers - I don't drink coffee.  Irish breakfast tea for me, in the cool weather months, and diet Pepsi the rest of the time.  Maybe if I had more caffeine I'd run faster.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Climbing at the gym after work. However, I shouldn't do another hill workout this week. I am doing it anyway.

QOTD: Coffee. I do much better with it.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

QOUT:  I'll go with the rest of the PA Trailer Trashers - I don't drink coffee. 

What's wrong with you Pennsylvania people?!

Also, it's 46 degrees and raining here ...guess I'll run once I am home later.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

What's wrong with you Pennsylvania people?!

Also, it's 46 degrees and raining here ...guess I'll run once I am home later.

That's a very deep question and deserves it's own thread.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday