Trailer Trash

Wild Weather Wednesday (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Second hail storm in the past week last night. Hails was bouncing off the roads and roofs. One of our local orchards probably lost their whole peach crop. The gods are angry.

Short run at lunch. Not sure if it will be outside or on TM at the gym. TBD by rain and more thunder.

Looks like we have a new Doctor in the house - If he ever gets his head out of the clouds and starts running again.

Congratulations, Dr. Jamie

QOTD:  Do you stock up on shoes (or other running supplies), or just buy when needed?  When I find a shoe I love, I'll buy 2 extra pairs and leave them in the box until I need to break them into the rotation. If we see a sale on gel blocks, we'll buy a whole bunch and put them in a box in our pantry.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Congrats Jamie!

strength trained last night- hit the squats pretty hard and feeling it this morning

4-5 miles this evening on the trails

qotd: I usually want at least three pairs of shoes to rotate; when PI announced they were getting out of the running shoe business, I started grabbing shoes as I found them on sale- I have four brand new pairs in the box, so should be set for awhile 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yep, pretty nasty weather last night.  Came home to a severe thunderstorm, so I didn't run.  Showers called for tonight, but runnable.  Will try for an easy run tonight.

Congrats Dr. Jamie!  (wherever you are)

QOTD:  I usually only buy when needed, but I like to keep at least two of the same shoe in rotation.  If I see a good deal, then I'm all over it.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Here! And ready to run again.  I went into hiding for a few months to finally finish a very long journey.  But it's over.  The first thing I did yesterday after I defended my dissertation - I ran 4.5 trail miles.  Boy I've missed it.  Now time to get on it.

Guess I will have to catch up with you all.  Someone may need to give me a cliff notes version.  Hope all is well.  I missed you guys.

QOTD: I buy a pair of shoes when they are on sale.  I bought a pair of my favorite Hokas in December and just broke them out the other day.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Strong storms here last night but I ran midday in the heat. Today, just some light gentle rain and cooler temps. I will get out for 6-7 miles of trogging with the Lady. Probably over at Coventry Woods.

QOTD: I like to have 2-3 different pairs of shoes in the rotation. The only time I stock up is when there is a model change I don't like. Then I search the interwebs for older versions and by several pairs. Still have a pair of Olympus 2.0 sitting in the closet.

Congrats Boy Mr Doctor Jamie!!

Berto - Saw your post about Boulder Field 100k. Never ran the race, but the RD is the same guy who does the Dirty German, Naked Bavarian, and some of the other races. I've been up to Hickory Run a few times for some short hikes but never running. Nice woodsy place. From the list you posted that's the one I would choose.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Guess I will have to catch up with you all.  Someone may need to give me a cliff notes version.  

Welcome back!  There was this 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Congratulations, Dr. Jamie!!!!  And welcome back!

I ran 4 miles around the neighborhood last night.  Not sure what's up for tonight.  Maybe just a dog walk.

QOTD: I stock up, as does DBF.  We have a whole shelf of unopened shoes in a closet!

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Hi all, rain and more rain for today and tomorrow. Today's run *might* be with the brewery group tonight. If it is not raining too hard (and thundering and lightning, which is what we've been having along with most of the east coast). If not, I'll go to the gym as it has been much too long since I last went.

Congratulations, Dr Jamie!

qotd: Not really. I did that once and I found the shoe lifespan was significantly shortened after sitting in my closet for a year or more. So now I buy up when I find them on sale in winter, and only to meet my immediate needs. I usually have 2-3 in rotation, including my road shoes.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hi everyone,

Congratulations, Dr Jamie. Wow, that must have been incredibly difficult. It'll be

nice to get to know DW and the kids again.

I tested my calf strain this morning on a short run while hiking with the dog, I'm

good to go. I'm looking at fall races now to help with the motivation.

QOTD: I buy shoes when I need them, then regret not buying 2 additional pairs after

the forced obsolescence of that model. I'm a slow learner.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run these days, considering lingering in the Falling Apart Club for another day or two, courtesy of bronchitis.

Congratulations Jamie!

QITD: I only buy as needed.

Run for fun.

LB2

Congratulations Dr. Jamie!!!

I ran 3.25 this morning. I'm going the extra quarter mile now. I have been pretty focused on work lately. I am basically doing the same thing as I did at my last job without all the extra crap thrown on top of it, same college system. I really, really enjoy this stuff, but it is pretty hectic trying to get all of it together. We'll see how it all shakes out in the fall and adjust as needed. I'm pretty good at focusing.

QOTD: I do stock up on shoes, but it is more of a gradual accumulation of them in a relatively short period of time. I have enough shoes to last at least another year. I inventoried last weekend. Right now, I am stocking up on close-out turkey callers, specifically mouth diaphragm callers. I found a mother lode of them yesterday on my way home from a meeting. I swung by Wal-Mart to get a loaf of bread and wandered over to the sporting goods section. Those mouth diaphragms, like shoes, fit differently in everyone's mouth. I found one I thought would sound good based on the latex cut and bought one. I tried it out when I got home, and it sounded perfect. So, I'll swing by there Friday and pick up some more before they disappear.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Congratulations! We now have a Dr J in the group.

First time out after D3. Kept it mostly to a brisk walk with very little actual running. Felt good and will have to be disciplined not to jump back in too fast.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Congratulations! We now have a Dr J in the group.

First time out after D3. Kept it mostly to a brisk walk with very little actual running. Felt good and will have to be disciplined not to jump back in too fast.

Yea, no more passing out, please. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Congrats to the new Dr!!!

No running for me today. Left foot is much better but still swollen. Might walk tomorrow.

There is now a no bare foot zone at our place. The storm tossed over our patio table and shattered the glass top table with a lot ending up in the yard. .

QOTD: Mostly just buy when needed.  I do like my Ultimate Direction running pack so much that I might buy another one if I could find one even though it's been discontinued for at least 5 years and I have a spare one hiding somewhere. .