Trailer Trash

Tuesday Anyone?? (Read 17 times)

LB2

Ran a fast 4 before daylight.

QOTD: How often do you try to justify putting off a run until later in the day or taking an URD?

I usually get this feeling once every other week. I got it this morning; put it off until after work if it isn't raining. But I ran anyway, and as usual when it happens, I had one of the better runs I can remember in a long time. If I am just totally tired and know that, I may put it off or take a URD, but in almost every case where I go ahead and get out the door, I have great runs.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Last night was my first for my new schedule, so now I'll have to make sure I get some sleep today so I can function tonight. Going to catch a few hours then either head out for a short run or a bike ride. That will be determined when I get up.

QOTD: Lately I haven't been taking many URD's but I tend to procrastinate when it's time to head out. I think that's simply because I'm more of an evening person.

XtremeTaper

Taper madness day, but I will get in 4-5 miles this evening with the Lady either at Coventry Woods or Green Lane. Took a short walk last night with the missus and both dogs. Ran into my trail running friends out there. I was not too jealous that they were running and I was not.

QOTD:  Since I run evening for the most part the run is always done later in the day, so it rarely if ever happens this time of yea. A few times in the winter when it's cold nasty and windy I might skip a run.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I should have run this morning but putting it off until later... No actually I think I just needed to stay in bed.  I might get in a mile or two with DS1.  But it was nice out this morning so kicking myself for missing it.

QOTD: Sometimes but I cannot say often.  I usually just skip the run.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Nice day in my neck of the woods. Was out early breaking cobwebs for 8 miles on some nice single track trails. Some areas are getting a bit closed in so were 1/2 track.  First rattlesnake sighting of the year. I saw him way in advance as he was out sunning on some rocks. I gave him plenty of respect and went the long way around.

XT - Good luck with rest of the taper. I'm sure the dogs are feeling it too.

warden - nice pics yesterday. Snow!

QOTD:  I don't take too many URD's but life sometimes gets in the way.  In colder weather, I'll sometimes wait until later to run or wait for DW and run with her, but on warm days,  like to get out early and beat the heat.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Nice day in my neck of the woods. Was out early breaking cobwebs for 8 miles on some nice single track trails. Some areas are getting a bit closed in so were 1/2 track.  First rattlesnake sighting of the year. I saw him way in advance as he was out sunning on some rocks. I gave him plenty of respect and went the long way around.

I have only seen black snakes, rat snakes, and king snakes, so far. I know that sooner or later I will run across that old cottonmouth that hangs out around the culvert that I run across in the middle of the woods. He got me so shook up last year that I stopped running that route for months. I almost stepped right on his head and had to practically pick my oblivious dog up and over him. I ran back to the house, put the dog up and headed back out with a shotgun. But I couldn't find him anywhere around after that. He probably crawled up in the culvert with just his nose sticking out of the water or under some sticks and debris that was washed up along the side.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

I have only seen black snakes, rat snakes, and king snakes, so far. I know that sooner or later I will run across that old cottonmouth that hangs out around the culvert that I run across in the middle of the woods. He got me so shook up last year that I stopped running that route for months. I almost stepped right on his head and had to practically pick my oblivious dog up and over him. I ran back to the house, put the dog up and headed back out with a shotgun. But I couldn't find him anywhere around after that. He probably crawled up in the culvert with just his nose sticking out of the water or under some sticks and debris that was washed up along the side.

Whenever there is a break in the trees, I pay close attention to rocks that are getting full sun.  I've heard of a few copperhead sightings on some trails that we run, but haven't seen any yet this year.  The rattlers are kind enough to warn me, but the copperheads scare me because they hide in plain sight and blend in so well with the leaves and rocks.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

Group run tonight.

qotd  took this morning off. Up all night from eating something I shouldn't have.

All the poisionous snakes in the US live here. DuPont had a snake man give a safety speech. He got everybody's attention when he told them he cought every snake on Dupont property that afternoon!!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Wee bit over 5 this morning...should ramp it a  bit this week as have company coming this weekend so sneaking a run means getting up really early before they are awake; which means I need to drink less and go to bed earlier (something that I am not that good at. ).  Little sore from my Sunday run.  We climbed up to the flume trail that was fairly flat for many miles and than turned around and came back so then a long run down hill.

QOTD:  I hate the first 1.4 miles of my run.  My dogs are too excited and pull, I have to run on the road for .5 mile and it's a steep climb.  So I lay in bed treaded it...saying things like I can run later..I can skip a day..but if I missed 2 days of running then I force myself to go.  Never regret going for a run...often regret not going for the run.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Never regret going for a run...often regret not going for the run.

Very true QoN !!!  Although I have to admit that I am regretting that 20 miler I did 3.5 weeks ago that messed up my foot.  I did my little test run this morning, just an easy 4 miler.  The problem is still there.  I still have to favor it and if I don't pay attention I get these zinging pains in my heel or in the arch of my foot.  But if I'm careful and baby it, I can get it down to a very manageable pain level, almost no pain at all.  It's now been 2 hours since I ran this morning and it a dull aching pain in my heel.

Very frustrating and I have no idea what to do.

Oh yeah, my legs were still a little tired this morning since I'm not exactly recovered from my weekend jaunt in the mountains.

qotd: I guess about once every two weeks or so. I put off yesterday's run and took a URD,  ;-)

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Another short, easy run in the neighborhood.

QOTD: all too often and since I normally run in the afternoon, if I procrastinate too much it does become a URD.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.