Trailer Trash

Bromance and Training Run 50k Saturdaily (Read 21 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I hope Warden, NH and Queen are having a great day.

Ran 8+ miles today and the knee held up.  I'm not going to do any back to back days, as that set me back a bit last week, so no run tomorrow.  Slow healing, but from what I've read, the popliteus is notoriously slow to recover.  If I can run every other day and let it slowly progress, I'll be happy.  I just need to stop eating or I'll be as big as Fat Bastard.

QOTD:  Any backyard BBQ people (novice or experts) out there?  We've been smoking for 2 years, and still learning. It's fun, but takes some constant attention.  Smoking some pork butt now.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Did 15 this morning. Gave me 50 for the week in this glorious running weather. I was washed out, but felt good when done. Overall I have lost 5 lbs this week (not counting the up/down of water weight each day). So that is good too.

Hope the Bromance and Queen runs are going well. 😍 (Ya know that could be taken the wrong way, if you weren't a regular to this Trailer Trash.)

qotd: just a typical griller, but I have to admit, I can grill anything and it usually comes out pretty well. I guess a typical guy with open fire...

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

21.6 Miles on the bike with DW.  Did some of the harder hills in the area. Now it's onto the property and vehicle maintenance  issues.

QOTD:  Just a general griller here. I can do real good with the hotdogs, sausage and burgers. Fairly well with steak unless you want it well done then it's hit or miss.  I really would like to get good at chicken but just can't seem to get it quite right. Been wanting to get a smoker for quite a few years but never had.

runtraildc

5 mile (paved) trail race this morning. I run this particular trail all the time during the school year since it's by my son's pool. Somehow, it became much hillier since this spring. 90% humidity did not help either. One runner was mentioning that his shoes were soaked. Took me a minute to realize it was sweat and probably not from a dip in the creek.

qotd: basic skills. We only have a charcoal grill so I have to plan ahead to get it going. Made some peruvian grilled chicken this week which was even better on the grill. Tried out my sister's electric smoker a couple of weeks ago-- the smoked turkey legs were a hit.

AT-runner

Tim

qotd: basic skills. We only have a charcoal grill so I have to plan ahead to get it going. Made some peruvian grilled chicken this week which was even better on the grill. Tried out my sister's electric smoker a couple of weeks ago-- the smoked turkey legs were a hit.

Peruvian chicken. Have to post that recipe.

Sandy - bromance and queens talk, no wonder lurkers don't post. 

NHLA

5 miles at DuPont Forest. Beautiful day but hot.

Qotd  grilling flank steak tonight. Dry rub from  the best recipe cook book.  This goes on the fast grill  the webber. Heat grill to 500 then 4.5 min pre side. Green egg is the slow grill for smoking.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

bromance was most excellent; 21-ish miles with several challenging climbs (and one pretty challenging descent)- we had a pretty close encounter with a grizzly sow w/ two cubs, lots of amazing scenery, ate some good food and drank some good beer- all the things that make for a successful bromance 

one teaser shot, will post up a trip report in a couple of days

we grill quite a bit, even in winter- not connoisseurs by any stretch- just like grilling, we cook on a Stok grill

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

It's this one- from america's test kitchen. Don't skimp on the black pepper and smoked paprika (not sweet).

ATK peruvian chicken

And holy cow! a Harrier sighting AND a smile from MT!

Peruvian chicken. Have to post that recipe.

Sandy - bromance and queens talk, no wonder lurkers don't post. 

Sandy-2

NH and mt, sounds like lots of fun. I take it you were not near the fires. A friend said that the smoke is bad (not sure where they are though).

I see that Ian Sharman won Leadville again this year, his 4th time!!!

I did 10 mi this morning, felt slightly better than yesterday.  But my 90 rule is still in effect though, that's where either the temp or the humidity (or both) are above 90.  Still perfect running weather.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

NH and mt, sounds like lots of fun. I take it you were not near the fires. A friend said that the smoke is bad (not sure where they are though).

I see that Ian Sharman won Leadville again this year, his 4th time!!!

NH and Warden - looks like a great visit and run. Can't wait for the trip report.

Looks like Kelly had to DNF at 69 miles at Leadville. Have to wait for his RR to see what happened.

Pikes Peak Ascent winner was 2:08 yesterday. Pretty fast. He was over 10 minutes ahead of second place. I can't imagine being in second and looking up the switchbacks and seeing how far you were behind.

In other important race news: I was 3rd place female today in a local 5k!  (Yes there were more than 3 females.)  And I won sneaker deodorizer balls as a raffle prize!  Win!  (Go ahead, comment on my balls.  I dare you.)

QOTD: not a BBQ-er myself, rely on DH for that.  Smoked pork butt, dry rub flank steak, and Peruvian chicken sound delish.  You all have some skillz.

Looking forward to the NH and Warden trip report!

MTA: 7.2 miles total today including the 5k, 24 miles for the week.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Daydreamer1

I love my Polar watch. It tells me I just ran a marathon in 1:54:14 with 1490' elevation gain. Guess It's time to go pro .  Gotta love what these electronic devices  tell you when you set them up wrong. Had a nice day on the bike.

Gatsby - Geez your balls look fuzzy . Either that or my eyes and/or internet connection is acting up again .

AT-runner

Tim

Gatsby, you got balls and Lei'd at a 5 k.

Nice 3rd. Looks like an understated award - "Here's your 3rd  Place Cube".

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

(Go ahead, comment on my balls.  I dare you.)

At least they come in pairs.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NHLA

5 miles 39 min apple festival course.  Getting ready for big race labor day.

Eclipse day tomorrow.  Driving down to Furman tomorrow for totality. .