Trailer Trash

Trick or Fridaily… (Read 30 times)

Sandy-2

I did a very very scary 5 mi run this morning……  I ran out along a straight road, not even one slight bend, then turned around and went back.  Boring as hell.  There were a few huge leftover buildings from the World Expo they had here a few years ago, but other than that it was just a straight road thru a flat, open area.  It was early so the 6 lane road I was on didn’t even have any cars on it, it was like I was in one of those futuristic disaster movies where everyone is dead and the cities are deserted.  It didn’t help that it was warm, humid and raining.  Like I said, very scary for a Trailer Trasher.

qotd: Any Halloween plans/parties?

Going out to dinner to a Spanish Tapas place with some friends.  It may also be scary going to a Tapas place in China, but I don’t think there will be any Halloween theme to it.  But the bar in the hotel is having a costume party, and darn I left my costume home.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

moonlightrunner

Sandy: your run sounds...kinda freaky. Empty road, empty landscape....straight flat road....there should have been sinister music playing.

Got up this morning and did a workout tape. I hope to run after we take the little ones out trick or treating. I am nursing whatever it is that is ailing my knee.

Qotd: see above. Other than the little ones it will be just another day. I am going to enter my January 50k, where when the time comes I will masquerade as an ultra runner.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Morning folks.  Got in an hour yoga class yesterday, but no running.  Actual running has been light this week, but the back now feels good and I hope to run tonight during trick or treating around the neighborhood.  There are a few houses that really go all out in decorations.

Sandy-- no guy with a banjo?  I guess the woods were missing.

Moonlight- have fun with the grandkids.

qotd:  see above.  Post-run will include handing out candy and drinking a beer.  I love Halloween- the kid's version, not the bar crawl-dressed-as-a-slutty-nurse or whatever.

And good luck to LB2, Blardenbarg and all the other racers and pacers this weekend!

Occasional Runner

6 on the tray this morning and 324 miles for the month. Pretty much according to plan. It really warmed up over night but we're supposed to have a storm coming in this weekend.

QOTD: No plans.We'll hand out candy all night. We live in a Mormon neighborhood, so it'll be a busy night.

GOOD LUCK BURKE!!!!

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.

Sandy - "Soylent Green is people, it's people!". (one of my favorite post-apocalyptic movie quotes)

Burke - Go Kill it!!!

QOTD:  Heading to State College this afternoon.  Out for dinner with friends where I'll be dressed as an Elf.  Maryland vs. Penn State tomorrow.  DW is a Maryland grad, so we'll be one of the few dressed in red.  Run in the woods on Sunday.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Scary.. very scary Sandy. Just think if you would have saw someone how freaky that would have been!

The Lady and I ran 7 slow creaky miles out on the trails of Monocacy Hill. Not sure why, but my past few runs over there have been sort of slow and plodding. Oh well. Better than no run at all, plus we saw LadyB's boyfriend Hunter who is a spitting image of her in male form. He acts the same too. Probably be busy tonight so just a road run after work. Maybe I will put the Lady in costume and run her around the neighborhood?

QOTD: We will hand out candy to the young ones tonight. We used to have a huge surge of kids but it's tapered off the past few years. Still we get a pretty good sized crowd.

Go LB and any one else racing!!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Planning on 6-8 miles a little later today.

QOTD:  Nope. We live in a very rural area. Most of the kids in our area are from the conservative or old order Mennonite families so there is no trick or treating going on at all. We do have a Pastor Appreciation dinner tonight at our church, but there won't be any Halloween theme.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Wanted to run this am so I could at least hit 100 fir the month but no didn't run and probably won't at anytime the rest of the day.

QOTD: sushi and a few beers with the girls...they are going to a party after but I like to be in bed by 11.  Plus I really don't like parties where no one knows my name.  We get zero trick or treaters...could be the locked gate out front...most of  us on this road are behind gates.

Sandy:  How do you get any motivation to run that shit!!

Go Burke!!!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning Trailers!

I went out to run yesterday but walked it home after a 1/2 mile.  I've got a sore spot on the ball of my foot at the 2nd toe...this is the same spot that was sore when I did the triathlon...back then I was blaming it on a cramp (my foot cramped in that spot during the swim) but I've been resting it for a while and it doesn't seem to be improving. I also got a nice kettlebell workout in...I can really see the gains I've made with that.

QOTD: We went to a halloween party last weekend as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf.  We home-made the costumes and they turned out great.  I'm good enough on a sewing machine to do halloween costumes, but nothing more.

Go Burke!

**Ask me about streaking**

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Getting ready to head out into the woods. If I just wasn't so tired... but a good run will fix that, I'm sure.

Maybe I'll start logging my runs again. Haven't done that since September, but now that I have decided to enter the Massanutten lottery, it might be a good idea to keep track of my running again.

Sandy: All alone out there might be better than seeing someone in a clown costume down the road - it might be Kelly! 

AT: You're coming up my way! I'll have to work on that football weekend, though.

QOTD: Only the boys' costume parade at school. I tucked them into their costumes in the morning, I hope they'll have fun.

DD was at a party yesterday, and I had to pick her up late in the evening. Maybe that's why I'm tired today?

Have a good start in the weekend, trailers!

Run for fun.

DigDug2

7 on the roads this morning.  Legs felt a little heavy - I think I need more sleep.

QOTD:  Trick-or-treating with the kids, and handing out candy - we live on trick-or-treat central in our town and get over 1,200 visitors every year, so I'll be sitting on the front porch with a beer and a big cauldron full of Tootsie Pops.

Have a good weekend, and good luck to the racers!

Trick or treating with the kids (QOTD), then will head out for something short later tonight.  Planning on doing 4-6 hours tomorrow, so today will be easy.  Did a mess of strength training today too.