Trailer Trash

Stormy Saturdaily (Read 34 times)

Chnaiur

I really wasn't feeling it today: my butt was super sore after pushing hard up a 1500-ft hill at the end of a 10-miler on Thursday, and setting a 5-rep-max Squat PR on Friday. I also was so tired I could barely sit straight.

So I just decided to have a nectarine and cut down to a 5-mile jog. I'm really trying to get a little time on my feet every day.

The surprise here is that it felt great! I cruised along just above 8min/mile while thinking about everything else besides running. Light feet and light breathing.

I'm really glad I went today!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

valerienv

Thread killer ..

We ran a trail that's new to area and just finished last year , it's up high so you can only get up there in the summer . It starts at the Mt Rose trail head ( TRT ) near Incline Village and goes down to Reno , it's called the Rim to Reno . The total on my GPS was 19.6 with 4,890' of elevation loss . We started at 8,900' went up to 9,776' then down to 5,980' . The trail is advertised as 21 miles . We parked a car at the top then ran down,  you could do it either way . It's a really nice trail , remote yet well done . The only part needing work with upper section of the Reno side . it was steep , with loose scree and very narrow with big exposure .

Snowdenrun

Well I ran. I tripped and fell. I ran some more. I thought I was dying. And then some how I finished. Not sure what my time was. I didn't even think to look. RR to follow at some point. But for now I'm at work getting snippets if stretching in on the concrete floor.

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

30 miles 3200 feet of climbing on my SS 29er, dropped it off in the garage, changed shoes and went out and ran 5 fast single track miles.  A tad thrashed but recovered with a newly released Bear Republic Cafe Racer bomber, Coho Salmon and a glass of Foxen 2006 Julia's Vineyard Pinot Noir. Tomorrow will be the same except in reverse.

Rest well,

JB

ultraendure.blogspot.com

Chnaiur

Nice Valerie! And not full of MTBers? I may try that one day.

Congratulations Snowden!

Endurance Guy: that sounds cool. Where are you?

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Most of it is in the Wilderness area so very little of it is open to Mt Bikers , which is nice . It has an option to add in a loop trail that would make it @24 miles . It could be run in combination with the TRT from either direction and also add in Mt Rose .

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

Socal in Ventura County at the northern end of the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreational Area.  Very close to Point Mugu Navel Base.

Congratulations Snowden!

Endurance Guy: that sounds cool. Where are you?

ultraendure.blogspot.com