Trailer Trash

Thursdailies (Read 24 times)

Marley and I had another nice 4 mile trail run this morning.  For the second day in a row she found a deer gut bag to roll in.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Just finished 5.5 miles on a loop that I haven't run for a while, despite it being a favorite from my front door.  Mainly a favorite because it is from my front door.  A mix of road, bike path and dirt.  More leaves on the ground as of late, though our foliage doesn't really hit its peak until late Oct/early Nov.

TT- I hope you have a good dog wash set-up.  Maybe it could be worse? skunks?

qotd:  How often do you do the same runs?  I have 3 or 4 trail systems or routes that I have easily accessible, but I'm always adding, subtracting or changing the day's route.  Thus, it's hard for me to track 'oh, that was a PR for that route' because I may have done that exact run many months earlier, but have visited the trail just a few days ago.

Have a great day, folks!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice run last night w/ the local ultra running group- 2000' of gain in a 6 mile run, huff and puffing to keep up!  SRD today

qotd:  I have about 6 different loops that I use during the week, all about 6-7ish miles- I've run them enough that I have splits almost memorized and keep track of times in my log- PR'd one of them this week Smile  it's definitely a little bit of a motivator, looking at your watch and knowing you have a chance at PR'ing a route- I'll kick it in an extra notch trying to beat that previous best time (usually don't, but get a better run out of it)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

It's getting cold in northern Utah and I'm not appreciating it.

Ran 6 with the pup this morning. The deer are on the move and that's proving to be a big distraction for the dog. I don't mind, but I'm sure the deer aren't happy about it.

QOTD: I have an endless number of routes available to me, but during the work week, I usually run the same route because it starts at the end of my street. It's an out and back, so I change the distance a few times a week. On the weekends, I try to plan a few runs on totally different trails.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I may sneak out later tonight for a short run.  It will depend on what I can get done tonight after work.  Taking my 2 boys camping for the weekend.  Should be fun and tiring.

TT- just embrace the smell I suppose.  Dogs will be dogs.

QOTD: Still relatively new to our neighborhood, I am having fun making new routes.  Having said that I ran the same route (or similar) for a few runs in a row.  They are neighborhood runs and not trail runs though.  I won't get back to the trails until I am running further.  I haven't kept track of times (in regards to trying to PR) for routes in a long time.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

DigDug2

7 this a.m. on the roads.  Dusted off the headlamp this week - looks like it will be necessary for morning runs for the next 6 months.

QOTD:  during the week, I basically have two 6-7 mile routes that I choose from for my morning runs - one all road, one a mix of road, rail trail and a couple miles of real trail.  On the weekends, there are a lot of different trail options within a 10 minute drive - I usually end up at the same reservation, but there are lots of different loops I run there.  (I also end up running on any trails I can find near my kids' soccer games - I don't have to sit through 45 minute warmups and entire 90 minute games.)

AT-runner

Tim

8 miles in the woods.  Almost forgot how rocky and rooted my trials were after being our west for a week.  Was hit on the head by an acorn, so it must be fall. 

QOTD:  I mix it up.  I try not to revisit the same run in less than a 2 week period.  I constantly need changes in my runs or I get bored.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Heading out for a bike ride. Mileage at this point is undetermined , but probably somewhere in the 30 mile range, although if I get more motivation it might bump up to 40 miles.  For some reason the day after I work a night shift I have difficulty getting motivated to do anything until about 5 pm.

QOTD: Too often.  Too many of my trail runs are on the same routes to suit me. There are few trails close to home and the ones that are there are short,  and branch off a dirt road. When I drive 20-35 miles away I can find quite a few trails, but most are overgrown limiting me somewhat. On the roads around my house I can mix it up somewhat better and have about 6 loops that I have measured out to the exact distance, which makes it nice for tracking purposes.

For the bike I have a almost unlimited number of different routes that I can take. The area I live in is a maze of back country roads.

moonlightrunner

Planning a long run tonight by myself mostly in the dark. I am thinking...16. I am not even going home first because I will end up not going g if I do.

Qotd: I don't have a lot of trails to choose from.I tend to stick to the horse trails at the state park...sometimes on the MTB trails too.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Yeah, I don't have a very good sense of smell and Marley tends to roll in less offensive things than some of my previous dogs did.  So it definitely could be worse.  The golden retriever I had some years ago could find things to roll in that would take my breath away.  Rotten animals and human hangover shit come to mind as things she liked to roll in.  My previous mutt was pretty bad in that regard as well.  In comparison Marley is much easier to deal with.  Her favorite thing to roll in is deer shit, fortunately it doesn't have much odor and rinses out pretty easily.

When necessary, Marley usually just gets washed off in a stream before she is allowed in the car.  She takes the washing off as a personal insult.  If she smells especially bad she gets rinsed again at home with the hose and on rare occasions when she is really rank she gets a real bath with shampoo and all.

TT- just embrace the smell I suppose.  Dogs will be dogs.

TT- I hope you have a good dog wash set-up.  Maybe it could be worse? skunks?

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

Took a SRD today.  It was 80* at 5am this morning so I bagged it.  This afternoon it was 91* so I bagged that as well. We're supposed to get a cool front and go down to the mid-50's tomorrow, I'll wait for that to happen.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

I did a little over 3 in the heat of the afternoon between storms. The steam was rising. It was hot. I kept it a little under 9 minutes per mile and found it pretty easy to do, even in the heat and a little mud.

QOTD: I run the same route quite a bit. I mix it up when I can, but that isn't very much.

LB2