Trailer Trash

the official (yes official!) 2018 Trailer Trash Rondy! (Read 48 times)

NorthernHarrier

So far, my only recon success to report- found a great brew pub in Idaho Springs. I’ll continue my efforts as trying as they are.

AT-runner

Tim

We booked a cabin in Estes Park through VRBO.  Booked Sept 12-15th.  It's within walking distance to 2 breweries. Rock Cut Brewing Company and Estes Park Brewery. 

Before that we'll be in Leadville starting Sept 8th.

Car is booked.

Can't wait. !!!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

sweet! Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

So I got the subtle message, I will bring out Spotted Cow and Moon Man as per recommendations.  I will also run some copies of the best map I have located and highlight the route. Should be ample water available in route and I will bring a steri-pen and collapsible water bottle. Mike, if you could also bring yours just in case mine fails or whatever.  Plenty of time to arrange a meetup and other logistics. I will be picking Mike up at the Denver airport on Wed.  I'm gonna drag his butt up Mt. Bierstadt on Thurs for some quick acclimating. (7mi. & 2800')14,060'.

Mike, any package(s) you're gonna send to me should be to my house by Friday Aug 31 as I'll be heading out that weekend. Maybe Thurs night meet up in Estes Park or at our campsite.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Al sounds good.  I'll bring my Steripen as well.  I won't be bringing beer (unless I check a bag, which I might do???)

Should be a blast!

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

We'll have our Sawyer Mini's with us.

I'm really looking forward to the weather. 65° forecasted for Leadville today.

Al - as we pass by, I'll check in the AS's to see if you are coming in.  We land at 9:30am on Saturday, so should be passing by the race around 11 ish on our way to Leadville.  That all depends how the meet-up with DD#1 goes.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Leadville, ummm High Mountain Pies pizza.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NorthernHarrier

Leadville, ummm High Mountain Pies pizza.

Gonna check this out as they got great reviews on trip advisor. There is also a brew pub now in Leadville since I was last there. Certainly not my favorite town out there at all but I'll be climbing mountains in the area so I'll be visiting a little.   I know I mentioned it before but the best Colorado mountain town is Ouray. Absolutely awesome. Leadville...well...

Still time to jump in anybody out there. Guaranteed to be a good time.

NorthernHarrier

That race looks pretty fun for a flatlander.  See only 17 crazy people  runners signed up for the 50k so far.  What is you time frame in CO?

As of today there are now 139 in the 50k and a bunch more in their shorter run. Should be quite the cluster thru the first several miles. Tim, I have no idea what time I'll be rolling into that aid station off I-70. My bib is 307.I was planning on pushing the first half pretty good knowing that at mile 20 or so we start a 10 mile long descent. Of course the altitude and climbing will have the final say.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Still time to jump in anybody out there. Guaranteed to be a good time.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄