Trailer Trash

End of Summer Thursday (Read 17 times)

runtraildc

Yeah, there's nothing catchy about today's title, but we're expecting much cooler and dryer weather here for the next couple of weeks. Almost fall-like.  Shame that I planned for yoga today instead of running. Might fit in a short run to enjoy this cool sunshine. Also fit in a brisk 4 mile walk last night to boost yesterday's miles.

And I also just booked a cape cod house for a getaway next week before school starts. Jonferg or anyone else-- recommendations for runs? I see the rail trails. And I know better than to assume it will be anything other than flat, flat flat.

Sandy- I saw the forecast for TX. I hope it won't get anywhere near as bad as the weather folks were saying. Good luck.

Queen-- no TC or UP for us now. Hope you're having a great trip.

qotd: What do you look forward to most in Fall? Me, apples. and then some more apples. Wish we could grow a decent Macintosh here in the Mid-Atlantic, but they're always mushy and nowhere near as tart/crisp as the northern grown.  Oh, and XC season. I have two runners running in HS this year.

LB2

I'm glad someone is about to get some cool weather. It is still hot and muggy down here, and it may get worse depending on how that storm turns when it comes ashore in TX. I ran five, sluggish miles this morning. I've had better, but I have had much worse.

QOTD: I look forward to good running weather, a 100 mile run, maybe a few deer hunts, and sometimes a fall trip to the mountains. I think I will get two trips to the mountains this fall, one for a race in N. Alabama and one for a little cabin rental in N. Georgia in late November.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Cooler weather here as well.. mid 70's, mid 50's at night for the foreseeable future. Feel like I missed summer this year. Planet of fitness for some strength stuff today, and a trail walk planned for this evening of 2-3 miles with the Lady.

QOTD: I like college football, so that starts. Cooler weather also means you can break out the cotton sweatshirts, and start making cooler weather foods like chili, soups, and stews that don't seem that appealing in the summer.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Feel like I missed summer this year.

Wow. I wish I could say that.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

take USD unscheduled smoke day; pretty thick this morning- into the Unhealthy level; might get some strength training in after work

qotd: cooler weather and elk hunting- the last two years more accurately described as walking my rifle 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

7.5 miles yesterday. My car is getting inspected today so I will have a few miles running to pick it up, hope it's cheap!

QOTD  most definitely the cooler weather,  as the other PA peeps  sad, long range forecast is lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s!

Sandy-2

I got up and did 10 mi this morning. It was a few degrees cooler this morning (I think it was 80) so this morning's 10 felt better than last evening's 5. I guess it is the proverbial "calm before the storm" sort of thing.

Thanks for the nice words about my DD's bear encounter in Japan and our impending weather forecast down here in TX/LA.  QoN, my DD is between jobs at the moment and filled the gap with the CT thru ride and the Japan trip, both things take lots of time but can be done on the cheep (she gets free room and board in Japan in exchange for her providing horse training for the 15 horses they have - as if her riding hoses in the the woods everyday is a chore for her).  mt, sorry that we can't send some of our rain up your way.

qotd: the only fall we get down here involves gravity and usually hurts when you hit the ground. However I do look forward to having to deal with warm instead of hot.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

First time back on trails since Montour. A very slow 5.5 miles mostly on Mt Joy, but a very nice relief from the pavement even with the hills. Garmin says I had over 1000 ft of gain.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I should have run this morning but needed to stay in bed, even if only for an extra 45 minutes.  I will run something short tonight and hope to get up tomorrow am.  As DC said, the temps are turning and it's real nice in the morning and evening now.

On my run just the other day I saw a strange site in my neighborhood.  A pickup truck that had a trailer hooked to the hitch was sitting on rocks instead of tires/wheels.  I didn't think much of it at the time other than it was a strange sight.  Today I received a notification from a local neighborhood virtual bulletin board site that there were 2 cars stolen recently and one vehicle had all 4 tires stolen.  That's when it made sense.  I mean the theft doesn't make sense but you know... So I am a bit concerned now to the safety of our neighborhood.  But boy it takes some kind of bold idiots to prop a truck up in the middle of the night to jack the tires & wheels.

Sandy & LB2 - stay safe.  Hope you miss the brunt of the storm.

QOTD: Football, cooler temps, fall colors, back to school, should I go on????? I like it all.  Not much I don't like about Fall.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Sandy & LB2 - stay safe.  Hope you miss the brunt of the storm.

I should, but you never know with these things. And this one looks to be a little unpredictable. Thanks.

LB2

NHLA

4 miles around the mountain.

Qotd  fall weather is the best here. Goodbye humidity.