Trailer Trash

Thawed Out Thursdailies (Read 31 times)

The snow is gone after the rain last night. Marley and I had a great four mile trail run in the fresh mud.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

No run today, but I'm heading out shortly for a hike in the woods.  Its a beautiful day and our snow is gone, too .    Daffodils by the weekend, hopefully!  And I ordered a pair of new shoes yesterday.  I'm optimistic that I'll be out on the trails in a week or so (maybe less).  Not that I needed a new pair of shoes to run, just, they were on sale and everything....

qotd:  What's the best part of spring for you?  Me, it is seeing my garden emerge and starting my vegetable seedlings.  Running-wise, I love seeing the skunk cabbages emerging in the woods.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I had planned to take an extra rest day today to help my hip issue, but then decided

to run anyway, did an easy 4. It was warm and rainy, shorts weather. Hello Spring!

QOTD: Favorite part of Spring is the weather warming up, all the trees turning green, the

smells in the air. Spring and Fall are my favorite running seasons, kinda like CA is year

round.

LB2

No run today, but I ran last night. It was not a good run at all. I am glad I did it, though.

QOTD: My favorite part of spring is our spring turkey season, which starts Saturday. I love it!!!

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I got out for 6-7 on the AT.  Still some snow in spots, but all the large rocks are visible again.

Happy Spring!

QOTD: Agree with jonferg, Spring and Fall are my favorite running seasons.  I love when the Mt. Laurel are blooming.  Several trails around here are lined with them and it is a beautiful site running on single track between the pink and white blooms.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning trail peeps and happy Spring

I went out for 7 miles yesterday evening but cut it short at 4.  It was rainy, I was cold, wet, and miserable.  I cut it short because I couldn't stand being around that whiny voice in my head that kept complaining about everything and making up excuses (doesn't your knee feel funny?).

Today the plan is for 10 easy miles around the hood.

QOTD: You might all know already...Girl Scout Cookies.  My fiance is in constant amazement that the boxes I buy on the weekend are all gone by Friday (but I only had 1!?).  I'm not sure what she's complaining about...I always make sure we don't run out of her fave's.  I'd say I have about a 2-3 box/week habit.

**Ask me about streaking**

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hiya strangers!  I wish I could say that I've been busy doing exciting things, but really I've been spending a lot of time with Netflix and my recliner.  I'm about 2.5 weeks post-op now and things are going well.  Virtually no pain, but I am still gimping around on crutches.  I've taken to going for "walks" on my crutches in the neighborhood.  It's nice to get outside.  PT says I am ahead of the curve and I'll hopefully start to wean off the crutches next week sometime.

QOTD: Daylight Savings.  I'm not sure if that's technically a part of spring or not, but I count down the days until I have more light after work.  It's my favorite day of the year,

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning all.  Nothing for me.

Mandy - good to hear you are ahead of the curve but we kinda already knew that!

Jamezilla - more talk of girl scout cookies?

QOTD: I like to see the budding and first growth of everything.  That first time mowing the lawn is great.  In the middle of summer - not so much.  Spring trail running is great too.  Great smells, sights, and usually perfect temps.  Arggghhhh....this reminds me I am missing Hyner this year. 

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

SRD for me and yoga class tonight.

That's great news Mandy, glad you're getting better!

QOTD My favorite part is spring is when the snow melts and you can finally get back on the trails, and I love when all the green starts returning to the woods and especially when the rhododendron's bloom!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Getting ready to head out for a few muddy miles. There's still snow and ice in many spots, so I'm not sure whether to take the YakTrax along?

TT: How do you clean your dawg post-run? Shower, too? When I think back to our dogs on muddy trails, I always remember having to shower the dogs, or track tons of sand/dust/dried mud around the house for days. Just giving them a towel rub would not cut it.

traildc: Cascadias?Brooks had them on sale, for 35% off. They did not have my size any more, sadly, so I'll have to find them somewhere else.

jonferg: Shorts? Did you have to calm down from the exitement about putting them on again, before heading out?

LB2: Brave, brave to tough it out. Way to go!

AT: Don't you just hate it when the snow fill-ins between the rocks, which make some un-runable trails finally runable, are gone?

Zilla: Sorry you could not enjoy the drizzle. I feel sometimes it makes a run almost "magical", this dripping sound and the wetness in the woods.

Mandy: Over-achiever, as usual!

Jamie: I'm not sure about the perfect temperatures. Last year, I got some light frost bite on my hands at the Hyner...

Muppy: Enjoy the self-inflicted pretzel knots!

QOTD: Having the flowers in my garden grow, and passing my secret spots where orchids grow on one of my trails!

Mountain Laurel is not bad, either, always fun to run through the flowers (until the bees hit my face, that is).

Run for fun.

runtraildc

traildc: Cascadias?Brooks had them on sale, for 35% off. They did not have my size any more, sadly, so I'll have to find them somewhere else.

No, Inov-8 Terrocs.  I wanted to try gore-tex and a and heavier tread for the muddy, wet runs.  My Cascadias are my preferred shoe, but I wanted to try these (it was a whim fueled by a great sale price)

Daydreamer1

Heading to the gym later tonight for a lifting session followed by a hard workout on the TM. With the weather being so nice today I'd rather run outside but DS wants to go along and lift and I really need to keep up with my lifting so it's off to the gym.

QOTD: I mostly hate spring. I like the warm days but hate the constant swings from nice days to being cold and windy the next.  The best part for me are the nice days and, like Mandy, I love the switch to daylight savings time.

Heading out for 6+ on this springy day after work! Can't wait.

QOTD: MARCH MADNESS! Haha at least while my team (Villanova) is still in it! But honestly, it's the longer days and mild temperature I love the most. Can't get enough sunshine in the spring.

QOTD: I think I actually like winter running better.  I do like the longer daylight hours though and enjoy watching things bloom and the trees getting green.  I think maybe sitting in the back yard and catching some rays while strumming my dulcimer might be the best though.

TT: How do you clean your dawg post-run? Shower, too? When I think back to our dogs on muddy trails, I always remember having to shower the dogs, or track tons of sand/dust/dried mud around the house for days. Just giving them a towel rub would not cut it.

I don't get too obsessed about it , but if she is especially muddy I just hit her with the hose and towel her off before letting her loose in the house.  She has only had a handful of real baths in her life, and they were the result of her rolling in something really nasty.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I don't get too obsessed about it , but if she is especially muddy I just hit her with the hose and towel her off before letting her loose in the house.  She has only had a handful of real baths in her life, and they were the result of her rolling in something really nasty.

At the time, I didn't have a hose available, so I always packed the dogs into the bathtub for a clear water rinse.

I also noticed that that mud problem has a lot to do with the type of fur: my Newfoundland-mix, and the Australian Shepard had this very soft, fluffy fur, which made the mud stick like crazy. Even rinsing it off required some scrubbing, and then there was still some mud left.

My sister's dogs (Czech Shepard, and a Rottweiler mix) had smooth hair which felt rougher, more wire-y to the touch than the wooly hair of my dogs. This type of fur made the mud just fall off right away, it would never stick.

Run for fun.