Trailer Trash

Morning Run Tuesdaily (Read 20 times)

moonlightrunner

Today I ran in the MORNING and...ON A ROAD! It was dark, so the road seemed more trail-like. It did not give me the deep despair road running usually gives me. It was only 30 minutes...but I'm glad I did it.

I saw this on the news...and thought it went well with yesterday's QOTD:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nbcboston.com/news/national-international/Walk-on-the-Wild-Side-Dutch-Jogger-Runs-Into-Lion-Cub-495840261.html%3Famp%3Dy&ved=2ahUKEwi81MvNivndAhVs4oMKHT-bDaoQiJQBMAB6BAgJEAQ&usg=AOvVaw235TDaInQqXpwIr6jbXuDc&ampcf=1

I think that "jogger"  wins the prize for strange things found during a run.

I was up today at 430, and it was 70 degrees...in October. I know that is cool by Texas standards, but on the warm side for Michigan this time of year.Last night's trail run resulted in some moquitoe bites (thankfully not bee stings) they are trying to make a late comeback with the warm temps. This weekend we may get a frost...hopefully they will meet their end.

Sorry the heat and stings made the weekend races so miserable. I hope all are recovering well.

QOTD: Candy Corn....how do you feel about it? Love it? Hate it? I will eat it, but do not normally seek it out. I like the traditional yellow and orange, I don't care for the chocolate flavor...and I don't like the candy corn pumpkins.

Ok...of to work I go. Have a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Good morning moonlight, I thought I’d be the early one today. Strange story about the lion cub, takes all kinds I guess.

Sitting at the airport “Late for the Sky...” I guess. Since I’ll be in a plane for a while I’ll be out of contact for a couple of days.

qotd: Candy corn is what you eat after all the chocolate things are gone. I also only like the white/orange/yellow.

Bonus question...  do you eat the white tip first, than the yellow bit before the middle?  Yep, I used to. 

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

XtremeTaper

6 miles last night after work on the local trail. I sort of zipped around at a nice pace, but still can't quite break 51 for the route. I guess that's my next goal for this loop. Grey and humid, but not too hot with some drizzle. Walked the Lady last night around the block after dark and the mist was so thick it looked like space dust floating in the beam of my headlamp.

Plan to get the Lady out after work for a short dog jog on the trails.

QOTD: I used to love it, especially as a kid, but the last time I had candy corn it made me feel queasy. LOL, Sandy.. I used to do that as a kid, sort of an OCD candy corn eater.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Going to try a short run today. Ankle is still swollen but not nearly as itchy, so doing much better than yesterday. DW had multiple yellow jacket stings 3 years ago, and her hand was swollen for 5 days. I hope to break her record.

LB - knew the Skins were in trouble with Brees making his record push.  Pretty sad that we still are leading NFC East with a .500 record.

QOTD:  Candy corn was in my hydro pack for the race.  14 pieces = 100 calories.    Someone posted about them being great for mixing up calories when you get tired of gels, and they work pretty well.  Has to be Brach's and no other brand.  My oldest sister eats them all year long and mixes 1 part candy corn to 1 part peanuts.  The mix tastes just like a Pay Day bar.

Sandy - no I'd eat them whole but I did lay them out first on the table to make a Sun.

I prefer Candy Corn on the Cob.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

QOTD:  I love candy corn and I still eat the white part first, then the orange and then the yellow.

Raining and 68 here this morning.  I'm going to the gym at lunch to do the recumbent bike and then do 5 miles at home tonight.  I'm "tapering" for my Oct 20 50k.  I can't believe it's next Sat already and only 2 months to my first 50 miler...eek.

I'm sorry to hear BC was not a good race for you all.  I looked at that but with an 8 hour cutoff doubt I could make that given my best was on a rail trail and 9.5 hours.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 6 mile loop in with Tiny E yesterday- beautiful afternoon- 50 degrees and brilliant sunshine

today- snowing like dickens right no, if it doesn’t warm up- it’s going to stick 

hit the trails or the gym afternoon- undecided

qotd: the only candy I eat are Snicker bars and that’s only in the backcountry when I’m desperate for calories; now I did eat my share of candy corn as a kid 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

QOtD: love me some candy corn. Try to stay away from it but resistance is futile.

Me and Mr Jangles got out for 6 this morning, I enjoyed the last of the warm weather but Mr Jangles was not impressed. He sounded like a old steam engine by the time we got bAck to the porch.

runtraildc

Hi all, 7.5 miles on the paved trail. Metro back home. The leave  are starting to change, but it was warm and humid so it definitely doesn't feel like fall.

qotd: It's been a while. definitely something I can only eat a few of, and after the chocolate is gone. And of course, it must be eaten in order of color segments, white first.

Sandy-2

Got this today...

”Commiserations, your application to run in the 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon has been unsuccessful. A record number of 414,168 hopefuls applied to take part in next year’s event and unfortunately you were unsuccessful.”

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Monday was Columbus day so thought I would run a new trail.  I have always wanted to run to Sawmill Lake.  A lake I had jeeped to and saw people coming out of the woods across the lake so I knew there was a trail there.  It was suppose to be and out and back of 20 miles.  But when you  measure trails with your pinky on the computer monitor you aren't always right.  When we got there, there was a map posted so I measured again with same pinky and said hmmm looks more like 14.  The folks I was with are running Dublin Marathon and needed 20 miles.  As you can see from pictures it was a beautiful day and a gorgeous run.  I swear we saw at least 18 different lakes on that 18 miler.   We ended up being able to loop our way back.  Awesome run...can't believe I never did it before!

Overslept the alarm this morning so no run but may do something after work since Jackie couldn't do the run, too far for him.

QOTD:  I like it but shit it's corn syrup and traditional.  White tip first.  I also still put them under my lips to make fangs! 

Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Not a Warden look...

Image may contain: Sue Piscatella, smiling, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: plant, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: sky, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor and nature

Sawmill lake is down there

Image may contain: sky, tree, mountain, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: tree, sky, mountain, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Berto:  So cool your wife took you back there to help the bird.  She's a good one.

Sandy:  Safe journey!

AT:  We still love playing with our food. 

Warden:  Snow!!!

runtrailDC:   haha

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sue- you had the warden look down pat; looks like remedial training is in order 

warden said “today- snowing like dickens right no, if it doesn’t warm up- it’s going to stick 

OK it’s sticking now, probably 2” on the ground and still coming down- wouldn’t be surprised if the mountains are a foot+

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Sue - Nice run... but aren't you supposed to be recovering?  I think you need a longer race next time.  Beautiful pics.  Work on that warden smile too.... needs some polishing.

moonlight - That lion cub was found in The Netherlands?!?!  There has to be a strange and weird backstory to that one.  Crazy.

AT - Hope the foot is getting better.  I only watched some of the first half of the game, even though I recorded it.  Kinda knew it was over by then.  But hey, first at .500.... I'll take that.

warden - Sounds like you went from summer to winter, with no fall.  I hate snow that doesn't stick.  It's like a tease.  Hope Tiny-E has fun in it!

Sandy - Sorry to hear about London.  Those Brits can kiss our arses anyway.

QOTD:  I'll eat one, that's it.  Don't have a sweet tooth, like warden.  I'd rather have a big ass steak.

With the storm systems brewing and hitting the east coast, it's still warm and humid here.  I think it's really messing with me, as I feel like I got hit by a truck today.  Got 4+ in yesterday.  Today might be a TURD, because that's exactly how I feel.  Oh well.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LB2

Tempo run this morning. I called in because I couldn't sleep at all last night, and I need to burn a little sick leave anyway. Cool front coming through for Thursday. I hope today was the last muggy run I have until April.

QOTD: I don't care for candy corn, not a big candy eater of any kind really. However, if I see a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, I have a hard time resisting.

AT: The Saints were on their A game last night. But I always expect a tough game with the Redskins and the Rams. We made it through last night pretty easily, and hopefully, they can continue to improve as the season goes on.

LB2