Trailer Trash

Is this a joke? (Read 89 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_XKTTmAxSQ

So I was watching some inspirational youtube videos about running a 100 miler and came across this one.  See if you hear what I heard...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

I did some research. He finished in 28:31 which put him ALMOST dead last. He's another cross fitter that doesn't think running is mandatory for being an ultra runner. Umstead is probably the easiest 100 miler in the US and he finished at a leisurely walking pace. I'm not inspired.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I thought I was hearing things wrong when he said he didn't run more than 2x per week, long runs were 2 hours or less.  I would like to see what kind of injury he had, how he was feeling a week and two weeks later.  Just plain crazy to think you don't have to actually run to compete in a running race.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

His average pace was more than 17 minutes per mile on a dead flat course. He didn't run during training and he didn't run in the race.

Chnaiur

Another worthwhile question is why do you run 100 miles if you don't enjoy running?

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Messenjah

Good for him for finishing the 100, he just sounds like a jerk. "Total Paleo".

Proves your training isn't JUST for the race.  Had he trained properly he not only would have finished in a better time, he'd feel a hell of a lot better the next day!