Trailer Trash

Warm Wednesdaily (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

qotd: not one bit.  In fact I pay some guys to take care of our lawn and landscaping and it looks great all the time, they just treat it as if it's their place. I used to do it all and every other weekend it'd take me 2 to 3 hrs and I'd sweat my butt off, now the guys come with an army of mowers, edgers, trimmers, blowers and they are done in 10 minutes. Works for me.

When we moved to Helena I threw out my old mower and trimmer. When we got into the new house I told DW that I had to get a new mower and trimmer and a shed to put that stuff in- she said “what about lawn service?”

lawn service it is 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT - You posted pics of the flowers on the perfect day.

A short fly-by post (will get back to everyone hopefully tomorrow).  Reason for my trip to No VA this week is because we finally laid my mom's ashes to rest in Arlington National Cemetery with her husband and my father.  Her name will be engraved on the other side of the headstone (time TBD).  It was a warm and beautiful day and while there were a few hot messes in the crowd, it was a beautiful gathering to say a final farewell.  I feel honored and blessed to be able to call these two people (while colorful at times, to put it mildly) my parents.

No run today.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

A short fly-by post (will get back to everyone hopefully tomorrow).  Reason for my trip to No VA this week is because we finally laid my mom's ashes to rest in Arlington National Cemetery with her husband and my father.  Her name will be engraved on the other side of the headstone (time TBD).  It was a warm and beautiful day and while there were a few hot messes in the crowd, it was a beautiful gathering to say a final farewell.  I feel honored and blessed to be able to call these two people (while colorful at times, to put it mildly) my parents.

Hope you and your family were able to enjoy some good memories of them.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hope you and your family were able to enjoy some good memories of them.

+1

It sounds like the day went as well as those kind of days can go.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Taking another day of rest as I just feel somewhat fatigued. I'll do some weights and a half hour or so on the elliptical and that will be enough.

Harrier-- Um, I think you're being overly optimistic about the ice conditions.This is looking over to Ontario and while there is no snow, the ice is doesn't seem to be going anywhere. They've had snow since mid-October and the ice came in early this year as I understand. gunflint webcam

Stop it runtrail, just stop it !   I'm trying to be a glass half full guy and you're killing me!  That link is one of about 15 different web cams I look at daily. That ice is rotten, on many border lakes the shorelines are showing water, and the 10 day forecast looks pretty good so no worries...

I've played this game so many times I've learned to just roll with it. I've had a number of trips where I have been ice bound for a day or three sitting at camp watching clouds go by. Truth is this year I swing by my shack on the way to grab a canoe and I'll check conditions and if I need to hang out there a day or two it's all good. If the wait is longer it compromises my route planned and I just might say screw it and stay there which is never a bad thing. From my cabin to my put in is about 8 hrs drive so I'm hopeful. So if you hear anything......

QOTD--DW is heavily into it.