Trailer Trash

Postcards from the Wednesdaily (Read 16 times)

Sandy-2

Since I’ll be leaving here soon I figured I’d send a postcard - running related of course.  The other day we went over to the next big “hill” that you can drive up and I took a photo of the area where I live.

I added a little info so you can see then I say I ran the single track up the “mountain”, or took the hike/bike path along the river.  I sketched out the first parts of these options, but they both open up from there to miles and miles of trails or paths to run on.  One route that I like to do is to go up and over the back side of the mountain then head over (straight back and to the left as shown in the photo) to the coast and then take the coastal hike/bike path back home, 18 mi round trip.  Other options that I didn’t show are those coastal paths along the coast, miles and miles in either direction.

Today my plan is to do 5 or 6 miles up the single track today after work.

Qotd: I got nothin’ today.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

Not a bad view, Sandy. I had mixed feelings when I lived overseas, Okinawa. I did like Norway, though. I could have stayed there a very long time.

It was raining this morning, so I finished off a book.

QOTD: Sort of lame I guess but: What has been your longest training run in 2016?

About 22 miles, but that was in March.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

5 easy miles this morning.  I was nice to start but the humidity sure did rise fast.  I am over summer already.  Bring on cooler crisper fall weather.

Sandy - great picture.  I can see why it will be hard to leave.

QOTD: Since my race this weekend was a training run in my mind I will say that - 43.5 miles.  But on my own, I think maybe 20ish.  I have a hard time doing anything over mid 20's by myself.  It's totally a mental thing.

Have a great HUMPday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Nice photo. You sure have a nice mountain there in your back yard and waterfront living to boot. Such a big city though. I would not do well there.

Last night the Lady and I ran our typical 7 mile loop at Coventry Woods. Less humid, but still warm around 90. We had the place all to ourselves. Well, except for that young couple I've seen down at the pond recently fishing. They were just arriving when we ran by that area. Tonight, a similar distance is on the agenda and planet of fitness at lunch.

In awesome family news, my niece has selected the site for her wedding and it's at Amicalola Falls Lodge in the GA mountains. I couldn't be more happy for her!   :selfless:

QOTD: 26+, 58, 100 mile races, but training run max was about 32 miles. On a hot day to boot. I typically only do one training run of that distance in a buildup before a long ultra. LOL, the 58 miler was actually the first run over 20 for me this year, so it was like the kickoff run for my 100 mile training cycle for Mohican.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

Ten mile this morning. On a interesting note this morning I watched a mouse start to cross the dirt road I was running on in my headlamp when a owl flew down and grabbed said mouse about 5 foot away from me.  He gave me a quick look and flew off with his breakfast.

QOTD: 30 miles is about the most I can stand but I have done up to 35. I like to get two or three of those in before a longer race.

AT-runner

Tim

Lunch time 6 miles planned. We'll see how that goes.

Sandy - must be a nice view from the apartment.  That "hill" looks inviting.

QOTD:  Taking out any races as training runs, 26 in April was my longest the this year. That's a mental distance for me as in "I ran a marathon and didn't even get a t-shirt".

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

Two a day yesterday. 6 in the morning and 4.5 group run last night.

Hope to get out for a trail run later today.

qotd yesterday. It was much worse in the 60s.  They had riots at the democratic convention. We had fights almost everyday at school.

qotd  16 miles

runtraildc

Got in 500 m 'sprints' on the rowing machine earlier.  Will run 3 miles easy tonight to test the foot, which will be the first time in a week since the last test, which confirmed it needed more rest.  Fingers crossed.

qotd: 9 miles back in April.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well I wanted to get a run in yesterday but instead spent a couple hours moving mulch around the yard; so still got a work out.  Then over slept this am because I am tired and stiff from last night.   still not ruling out a night time run after it cools down.  Gym at lunch.

QOTD:  22 miles 06/12/16...I don't even remember it or where it was.  The year is half over and I feel like I keep waiting for running season to begin.  I think I either need to decide to just run or sign up for a race.

Sandy:  Very cool that such a crowded city totally gets trails and has easy access.  If you had no trails I couldn't image living there.  Looks like your apartment has some great views.

Gator:  Very cool.

Extreme:  Nice that the niece picked a good spot for you.  I keep wishing someone would get married in August so I can run Marquette in August!  They keep doing winter runs.  I mean weddings. 

runtraildc:  Good luck with the foot.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD other than biking to work.  Took a couple days of vacation while we have our DGS- took a backpacking trip into the Pioneer Mountains, had a great time hiking, fishing, bouldering and just goofing off 

qotd: I've had several this year in the mid 20's, the latest on Saturday with a traverse across the Crazy Mountains- going to try and post up a short trip report this evening- a really spectacular outing with the local running group

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

9.8 miles around town.

Great picture Sandy!

Have fun with the DGS Mtwarden!

QOTD  probably only about 20 miles, and thinking about doing a 26 mile loop around blue marsh lake next week.

Daydreamer1

Looking to get in about 6 miles this evening when it gets a little cooler.

QOTD:  17.6 miles if I only count non event miles. Since Saturday was also in the plan to build up for my fall 50 miler I could throw that in at 36 miles.

Sandy-2

Going up on the single track last night (Wed.) was hot, although shady there was no breeze in the trees and it was hot and stagnant.  This morning )Thu) I got up and did 4 along the beach, it was 90% humidity and still about 85 deg, just brutal.

Nice photos mt, looks like a lot of fun and that the GS had a great time.

Glad you liked the "postcard", and yes we have great waterfront views out the apartment, here are two photos.  We were wishing to stay a bit longer, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

qotd: about 21 miles not counting the partial race I did, which was about 26 before I dnf'ed

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Solo track workout: 6 x 600m, 200 jog-walk recovery (3:38, 3:38, 3:42, 3:43, 3:40, 3:36)

QOTD: 15.1 miles on a 400m track when I was training for the Dawn to Dusk to Dawn 50K.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.