Trailer Trash

My Butt Hurts Monday (Read 33 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Jon, I am so glad that your groin makes you think of me

Jamie, I am doing a lot of lunges and  single leg squat type things.  When I used to do lunges, they used to really work my quads and make them sore...apparently I was doing them wrong.  PT helped correct me.  I tried searching youtube, but I couldn't find much out there of exactly what I am doing.  Perhaps I need to make a "Mandy's buns of steel" instructional video.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Jon, I am so glad that your groin makes you think of me

I was thinking the same thing.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

I have an unexpected partial day off from work.It will give me time to ffinish up a few moving details and I get to try and muscle a 400 pound TV downstairs. I will also be able to get a run in later.

Qotd: so since I have just started getting in longerruns, iI have found a vfew things that help. I run loops and I divide it into early mid and late stage, and say things to myself like "only 2.8 to go! That is less than a 5k!". On really good days I run long portions and concentrate on the 5 foot of ground in front of me and the rest of my brain goes to non running thoughts.

I do have a bit of disappointing news...for me, anyway. I am not going to be able to run my 50k on Sept 6. With my move to a 2 bedroom, my dad and dgc moving in I cannot justify spending money on an entry fee. I am still going to go and volunteer and cheer on my running buddy for her 50 mile (she ran 87 miles last week!). It is disappointing...but my daughter and dgc are worth the sacrifice. If things get better I will enter and run dances with dirt hell later in September.  Gator...be sure and let me know your bib #!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Moving a TV downstairs is easy... Slide it to the top of the stairs and give a push...down it goes!!

Standard 2.8 mile dog run this AM..slept too long for anything else..

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Watoni

Probably tennis with the family and perhaps 4-5 easy.

Saturday was my first decent trail run since injuring my ankle in June. 15 miles, about 2500 feet of vertical in the Marin Headlands with SFRC crew.

Sunday: Ride to the coast on the bike (about 40 miles/4000 feet vertical).

Quads are sore.

QOTD: I keep thinking, there is only one plan and setting small goals along the way. If it is really bad, I say just this climb, then you can quit. I said that about 6 times a day for 6 days out of the ten during my cycling trip to the Dolomites. I made all 100 climbs.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Jamie, I am doing a lot of lunges and  single leg squat type things.  When I used to do lunges, they used to really work my quads and make them sore...apparently I was doing them wrong.  PT helped correct me.  I tried searching youtube, but I couldn't find much out there of exactly what I am doing.  Perhaps I need to make a "Mandy's buns of steel" instructional video.

My PT had to correct me numerous times for doing lunges and other similar exercises wrong.  My glutes/hips are very weak.  I, and many others, could use a "Mandy's Buns of Steel" video.  Proceeds could help fund this forum to continue on.  Oh...wait...it's free.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Moonlight -- I am sorry to hear that!  Your race was Woodstock, right?  I am pretty sure they will give you $$ toward a future race if you volunteer for them.  So perhaps you can volunteer and Woodstock and run DWD.  Otherwise, I think you should do your own fatass 50K!

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

My PT had to correct me numerous times for doing lunges and other similar exercises wrong.  My glutes/hips are very weak.  I, and many others, could use a "Mandy's Buns of Steel" video.  Proceeds could help fund this forum to continue on.  Oh...wait...it's free.

Pretend that I am this chick (even though I don't look half as good as her): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GLrKr54yA0

That's a great video for hip stuff.  I feel like form is really important for glute exercises.

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

I will see if I can enter dances with dirt with the volunteer thing at Woodstock. If not I am going to find someplace new and awesome to run a fatass 50k. It will give me the chance to file a fatass report!

Moonlight -- I am sorry to hear that!  Your race was Woodstock, right?  I am pretty sure they will give you $$ toward a future race if you volunteer for them.  So perhaps you can volunteer and Woodstock and run DWD.  Otherwise, I think you should do your own fatass 50K!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

I will see if I can enter dances with dirt with the volunteer thing at Woodstock. If not I am going to find someplace new and awesome to run a fatass 50k. It will give me the chance to file a fatass report!

Sounds like a great plan, good luck and have fun.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

My butt feels fine today. My ankle, however, is another story. Still feeling rather frustrated with the situation. I'm hopeing it heals up enough that I can still do the 50k I have planned in August.  Not doing any running today obviously and I'm swelled up enough that I couldn't fit into my bike shoes either. Maybe some strength training a little later.

QOTD: I try to break it down into sections. I can't wrap my head around running anything more then 13-15 miles, but If I can break it down into 5-10 mile sections it helps.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Slowly recovering from the family vacation with ES100 thrown in. Almost all bags are unpacked, stuff put away, and clothes and gear are in the washer. Phew!

I am a bit sore, but far less than expected. Only my injured knee is still giving me some hard times, especially down the stairs. But I'm sure it will heal up soon again.

QOTD: I try to look at daily life challenges in a more positive way, being thankful that they are thrown into my way, so that I can practice mental (and sometimes physical) toughness and endurance. And I practice getting myself out of negative phases as quickly as possible, finding mantras that will do the trick.

For the buns of steel, even though I'm good with mine, I'd like an instructional video, too, please! 

Run for fun.

LB2

Congratulations, Couch.

LB2