Trailer Trash

back to the grind Mondaily (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

you are becoming a regular   

personally I think down SK and up BA, they are both steep, but SK is crazy steep; plus you have a few water options on the way out w/ BA- none with SK

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet today.  I may start increasing the mileage to get back to some normalcy.  Been doing the mile/day things for a couple weeks simply to keep my streak going.  My back is not back to baseline but does feel better today so I think I may try a few miles.

AT - glad to hear you are getting better.  Did you get a flu shot this year?

Warden - IMO you should be the next "Most Interesting Man in The World".  I don't think either of them ever smiled in pictures.

Mandy - yes lots of pics please.

dc - usually when sickness hits our house, DW or I escape it.  But back a month or so ago all five of us got the 24 hr thing.  Thankfully not all at the same time but still pretty close together.

Queen and Gatsby - congrats once again.

XT - 17 hours? I remember those days.  Can't do so now.  DW hates riding for more than an hour.

wc - no longer trail races this year?

gator - you'll be fine.  After all, it's only 100 miles

DD - enjoy Texas.

Harrier - are you running???

QOTD: Racing? What is that? I am not looking to do any races.  I need to really focus on some school stuff.  I have an outside hope of some stuff in the fall but I am trying to not really look at anything serious right now.

Have a great day/night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Were you drinking?  and yes your wife is right..stay off the road!

QOTD--I swore off races a year ago but while injured I signed up for another go at Beaverhead. Not exactly sure what possessed me.  I do have a season of epic runs planned which I am really geeked for.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Cool..that makes three of us.  Scrapster of RW days is signed up for the 50 Miler.

Maybe Northern will sign up for the 10 miler?

Also signed up for a 50k in Marquette in August.

QOTD--I swore off races a year ago but while injured I signed up for another go at Beaverhead. Not exactly sure what possessed me.  I do have a season of epic runs planned which I am really geeked for.

I'm doing the Beaverhead 55k with Scrapster and a couple other trail friends from RWOL.  Will look for you there.  Queen can tell you I'm kind of a stalker about stuff like that.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

bring your camera for the Beaverhead! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

wc - no longer trail races this year?

Will have a mixture again. I'm registered for the Laurel Highlands 50K, then Powderface 21K in Alberta outside Banff on Canada Day, July 1st, their 150th Anniversary.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DigDug2

Easy 8 on the roads this morning.

QOTD:  road marathon (NJ) on April 30, maybe a tune-up race or two between now and then.

Re: the Grand Canyon, if I did it again I would go down and up SK and skip BA.  On SK I thought the views were fabulous and I felt like I was "in" the Canyon; on BA I felt like I was mostly in a pocket canyon and didn't have as much of a "wow" factor (although it was beautiful and very peaceful in its own way).  Yes, SK is steeper, but you're probably going to hike most of it either way, so I'm not sure it matters.  Yes, there's water on BA, but if you refill at Phantom Ranch and carry a decent amount you should be fine (unless it's wicked hot).

NorthernHarrier

Jamie- yes I am back to running. My restart began 4 weeks ago and overall is going well, slow but well. I am way ahead of my original schedule so I can be patient.

Queen--Alcohol is usually to blame.   I had no idea Marquette had an 11 miler. Just checked it out and it does look interesting. Think I mentioned it before but I did the 50k there a number of years back. Didn't have a good day but also thought the course was real disjointed. I know they redid the course layout and changed the start and I have heard it's a lot better. The date will probably interfere with a Wyoming backpacking trip that's tentatively set up with my old hippie friend, though we haven't set our official date. If I am able I will do the short race, That would be a lot of fun. 2 hours from my cabin.

Mike--you could probably send the Beaverhead RD a sweet email and I bet you could get in again. It looks to be a real soft numbers cap. I have a room across the street at the Stagecoach where we board the bus. I'd have room. 

Gatsby--I knew someone here was talking about Beaverhead before. Cool. I have met Scrapster before and should be able to recognize her but it would be nice to be able to connect. We'll have to message each other before the event. Having experienced all the bliss before I may be able to answer any questions.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Scrapster looks like this. 

Image may contain: tree, plant and outdoor

. I have met Scrapster before and should be able to recognize her but it would be nice to be able to connect. We'll have to message each other before the event. Having experienced all the bliss before I may be able to answer any questions.

Sandy-2

SRD today.

Some great vacation plans out there.  Have fun everyone. I'm going to State College soon to visit the SIL and fam.  Then going back to Tenn/NC line area for some hiking with the DS. All dates not firm yet though.

qotd: Doing Box of Rox near Austin, TX April 29th, with the DD, it's 52.4 miles.

tbd.

Gatsby--I knew someone here was talking about Beaverhead before. Cool. I have met Scrapster before and should be able to recognize her but it would be nice to be able to connect. We'll have to message each other before the event. Having experienced all the bliss before I may be able to answer any questions.

Yes indeed, let's chat about Beaverhead closer to the date.  Although I'm not sure I want to know exactly what I'm in for, this race probably isn't the best "ignorance is bliss" occasion either.  A few of us are planning to do Beaverhead then the Missoula Marathon the next day.  Not sure who came up with that stupid plan but there it is.

Will definitely plan on taking photos as I'm hobbling across the scree and weeping.

Laughing at Queen's pic of Scrapster.

Still trying to figure out who's who and what's what around here so sorry for the lack of individual shout-outs.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR