Trailer Trash

Fridaily (Read 38 times)

I hate my legs...that is all.

No, I hope everyone has a great Friday. These last two weeks have been terrible for me. My right ITB/Knee is giving me fits. Had X-Rays taken last night. Waiting for the results. This is killing my training!

qotd: Cats or dogs and why?

I grew up a dog guy but my wife is a cat lover so we have had this cat for the past year. He is the cuttest thing in the world (plays fetch, runs around all over the house, lays with you). I don't think I'll ever go back to dogs. They are also so much easier to care for. Love that.

runtraildc

this morning's run was sabotaged by a pool operator who never showed.  Ruined my plan to run during DS's swim practice.  Plan B is to get to the gym for the treadmill and strength training.  The heat is finally starting to get to me, but thankfully a cold front is supposed to pass thru tomorrow afternoon.  Fingers crossed.

tmo-- sorry to hear about the legs.  I hope it gets better.

qotd.  Dogs, all the way.  And not just any dog, but have a strong preference for hunting/working breeds.   We're trying to convince DH on a dog and I keep trying to look at other breeds that would be more 'friendly' to a non-dog person, but I keep coming back to springers (a GSP would not be bad either...).  Cannot get over the litter box thing with cats.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Sorry tmotmo - take care of the leg now so that it's not a long term thing

I got in a total of 5 miles with 1 mile at a fast(er) pace and then another 1/2 mile at a fast(er) pace.  I still have something in the tank so to speak but still trying to figure out how big the tank is.  Ready for the oppressive heat/humidity to break.

QOTD: Hate cats.  We have a dog but nothing like some of the folks here.  We have an ankle biter.  I would love some day to have an Aussie though.  Maybe...just maybe.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jonferg67

Endless trails

Tmo: sorry to hear about legs, sucks when denial and advil no longer work.

Hope its not serious.

SRD for me, waiting to walk into new job now.

Q: Dogs and cats.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

SRD for me, waiting to walk into new job now.

WooHoo! GL

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Low_O2

Happy Friday all!

SRD for me. Got in a slow easy 6 miles last night along the river trail with the dog and pushing DS in the stroller. Legs have felt pretty dead this week so decided to keep it flat and easy.

Tmo - Sorry about the ITB issues. I fought that for ~1.5 years and it sucked! Did everything, core/hip strengthening, stretching, foam rolling, massage, PT. Not sure what actually fixed it, but eventually it went away. My brother had a flare up this spring and hit it with some dry needling and despite his skepticism, it cleared up pretty quickly. Hope you get it figured out.

jonferg- hope you're first day goes well!

QOTD: Dogs! Just always been a dog guy. Grew up with hunting dogs and love to watch them hunt, it's amazing how their instincts tell them how to hunt and find birds. They are also so affectionate. No matter what, they are always excited to see you and excited about almost everything. It's hard for that love of life not to rub off on you a little bit.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Hope to sit by the pool with a cold beverage after work.

Tmotmo - Hope for speedy recovery.

jonferg -  Does it feel like the first day of school? Good luck.

QOTD:  Dog fan, but we don't have one now.  We have a cat, but I'm not a cat fan.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dpc3

Got in a nice early morning 6 after an impromptu thunderstorm, also got in 4 yesterday afternoon.

Have a good day all!

Jon have a good first day!

QOTD: Dogs, grew up with dogs and have hunting dogs. It comes down to I love watching them work and do what they love to do and they are about as loyal as you can get. I won't express my true feelings of cats, I'll just leave it as I don't like them.

sugnim

Happy Friday all.  I seem to be having a lazy week in terms of running.  More swimming last night, my usual bike commute today, and always a walk at lunch.  But, I haven't run since last Sunday's race.  I'm planning to get out on the trails tomorrow morning.

QOTD:  Cats.  I get along with most cats.  But, unless it's my dog, I generally don't like dogs.  Actually, I don't like the way people take care of their dogs by allowing them to roam the neighborhoods unleashed, poop everywhere, jump on people, and bark incessantly.  I love my dog, and I love my cats too.  I wish I could take my kitties running with me.

Brian Runner

We did a night run Thursday evening in Waverly NY. I live in Pa, but the border is half a mile away.

From left to right:

Shawn: speedy half marathon runner who has survived multiple surgeries for brain tumors

Tracy: Hyner 25k / Fingers Lakes 50k finisher and mother of four (she beat me at Hyner)

Deanna Ardrey: 2:44 / 71st at the 2012 Olympic trials marathon. Trains in Boulder Co. Back in town visiting family.

Me (Brian): Looking all tall and sweaty

Sean: Hyner 50k finisher / Manitou's Revenge finisher

Even after dark it was still in the 80's. We did 7 miles.

Heat index of 103 expected today. Probably won't run, but if I do I'll be waiting until later.

DigDug2

Will run on the TM at lunch today - forecast in the gym calls for a balmy 70 degrees and low dew point.

QOTD:  Grew up with both and thought I was a dog person.  DW and I have had cats for most of the time we've been together and I'm very fond of them - we now have four (two sets of litter-mates, a few years apart in age) and they're great.  We got a dog five years ago and I realized that I'm not really a dog person.  Or at least not this dog.

Chnaiur

Didn't realize how bad the heatwave is before I saw this. Also explains why I didn't realize.

Will do 3 miles before weights today.

Based on yesterday's run I'd like to add one more Thing That Doesn't Work to the common knowledge pool: Ice Tea in running bottles creates a disgusting sweet foam that makes me want to puke.

QOTD: I grew up with cats, and I like both cats and dogs. I just don't care enough to ever want either in my home.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

sugnim

Didn't realize how bad the heatwave is before I saw this. Also explains why I didn't realize.

Will do 3 miles before weights today.

Based on yesterday's run I'd like to add one more Thing That Doesn't Work to the common knowledge pool: Ice Tea in running bottles creates a disgusting sweet foam that makes me want to puke.

QOTD: I grew up with cats, and I like both cats and dogs. I just don't care enough to ever want either in my home.

I spent 5 years in the SF Bay Area, living in Daly City & commuting to school & work in the city each day.  Thanks for reminding me: I really prefer this gag-inducing heat to the ever-present fog of the Bay Area. That said, please run San Bruno Mountain for me, and be sure to stop & eat some blackberries along the trail side.  Smile

Chnaiur

I spent 5 years in the SF Bay Area, living in Daly City & commuting to school & work in the city each day.  Thanks for reminding me: I really prefer this gag-inducing heat to the ever-present fog of the Bay Area. That said, please run San Bruno Mountain for me, and be sure to stop & eat some blackberries along the trail side.  Smile

I don't think there is anything colder than San Bruno Mountain in the evening. It is usually hot when you go east on the ridge, and then you turn west just before sunset. The evening breeze will come straight from the Pacific and hit you in the face, and then it will bring the fog. 

The view is real cool though: the Pacific, the Bay, the airport, and all of silicon valley.

I have blackberry stashes in GG park that I plan to take the kids to this weekend :-)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Snowdenrun

Morning!

I was supposed to run with 2 people yesterday who had never done the full length of a cross-town trail..and then I never showed up. I went on an EMT call instead. I felt bad, but at least there were two people. I leave for TX today and I hope to get some good, shorter runs in while I'm gone. But we'll see. I HATE the treadmill and I don't know how I'm going to handle the heat.

QOTD: Dogs! I grew up with a dog and a cat. But I'm severely allergic to cats. I love that dogs have the traits to go do things with me(hiking).