Trailer Trash

The Thursday (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

Happy Thursday, folks! Got in a couple of relaxed neighborhood miles in last night between making dinner and eating it.  This seems to be a new routine, and it works as I usually have daylight. I guess that will change soon.  And just returned from the ortho with DS1, who may have a stress fracture in his lower back.  A bone scan and MRI early next week will tell us more.  No more running for him for a while.

qotd: Any good books, movies or shows lately?  I just started reading 'The boy kings of texas' last night- about a man's life growing up on the texas-mexico border in the 70s and 80s,  I heard the author on NPR last year reading an excerpt.  Very interesting so far.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice run yesterday evening, got 5-ish in with some strides thrown in at the end- 50 degrees and sun shining, tough to beat!  going to be another nice one today, high of 60 with sun- probably get some hill repeats in

qotd: we're finishing up Narcos on Netflix, based on the true accounts of Pablo Escobar- it plays like fiction it's so crazy, but fact checking the events run true

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I ran a muggy but cool 4.3 or so this morning. It was not super slow but felt sluggish.

QOTD: I have read just about all the Craig Johnson "Longmire" novels over the past 12 months. I think I have read about 15 books this year. So far, I think my favorite from the Longmire series is "Hell is Empty".

LB2

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to  head out for about 6 miles. Hopefully when I get back my new shoes will have arrived. Got a pair of Bondi 4. DW loves hers and I had really liked the original Bondi B, so I have high hopes for these.

Runtrail - Stress fracture of the lower back in a kid? That doesn't sound to good. Hopefully if that's what it is it heals fast.

QOTD: Recently re-read some of Louis L'Amour's books on the Sacketts. All were from the beginning of the series. I was thinking that I need to go back and find some of the stuff I had read in my college English courses. Stuff from writers like Voltaire.

Keep Going

No running as my feet are still healing from the mashing they received at GS. Also missing some skin on the inner thigh that I somewhat kinda ignored while running my race this past weekend. Not smart. Walking is hard enough and thankfully I have a desk job.

qotd: All I watch is Seinfeld and occasionally watch Modern Family with the wifey. I probably should read more but I don't have the attention span.

100 milers are my favorite

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Been in a little running funk since an exhausting fartlek workout on Saturday, so this week has been an extreme taper. Just talked with my DD on the phone and she said the leaves are near their peak in Maine, so I hope to get some great photos on Sunday in Acadia NP.

QOTD: Recently been reading through the entire works of Patricia Wrede, a children's and teens' fantasy writer. Have also been working my way through James Rollins' Sigma Force series, rereading Dan Brown's books, and once in a while picking up a classic like Jane Eyre and Dracula. Also read Cory Reese's new book, Nowhere Near First.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

some call me Tim

No official running today, legs are still sore and general malaise persists (never had that before this ultra, but I have felt physically and emotionally bankrupt since last weekend). However I did run a bit while marking the trail for this weekend's race, so hopefully the days in the fog are numbered.

DC - yikes! hope you have a good result, or at least an answer about what's causing his problem

qotd: 'Shameless' I guess. I'm really enjoying that show. I really like William H. Macy and didn't realize he was in it at first. His tragic drunken fool is at least equal to John Dunsworth's Jim Lahey, which is really saying something. It's pretty sordid and ridiculous, but manages are certain pithiness along the way.