Trailer Trash

Del Mar running pics (Read 28 times)

Watoni

I spent the weekend at my mom's in Del Mar, and ran from her place to the beach and then to the Torrey Pines preserve, which has some nice trails up the cliffs and back down to the beach.

On Saturday I helped my mom down to the beach and she walked while I ran, but in retrospect I should have stayed with her (after we got back she said she has fallen a good bit lately -- ugh).

Anyway, nothing to compete with the wilds many of you run in, but sometimes a few hills, jumping rocks and steps around a nice beach with 70s in December is ok as well Smile Also, it was fun passing a few bicyclists up the hill when they were on the road and I was running on the dirt/sand shoulder alongside the road to the trail entrance Wink

Up the stairs to the hill entering the park:

Headed back down on some "proper trails"

Almost down:

A view, then headed back up

Waiting until they clear the stairs ....

Daydreamer1

I haven't been to the shore in years. I love the beaches along the west coast, although I've never been that far south. Nice Pics. Thanks for posting.

runtraildc

Great photos and thanks for sharing!  I bet your mom really appreciated the visit- you're a good son.  I hope she's doing as well as can be expected.

LB2

I used to like to stand on the cliffs and look out on the horizon. You could see those waves swelling way off in the distance. It was soothing.

LB2

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Beautiful pictures . I grew up in San Diego and spent a lot of time in Del Mar & La Jolla . Back in the olden days there weren't steps going down the cliffs . We used to go to a beach a bit south of there , sometimes we just walked down when the tide was out instead of doing the cliffs .