Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 32 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD: I purposely waited to answer this to see what others would say.  I am glad I am not alone in detesting grocery shopping.  I hardly ever do it (DW knows I loathe it).  I don't mind work (except maybe a few tasks here and there). I actually enjoy yard work.  Folding laundry not so much.  Cleaning up after the kids also not a favorite.

WC - congrats! Are we going to be reading a race report soon?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Had a real slog of a run in the fresh powdery snow covered trails of Coventry Woods last night. Note to self. 400+ foot climbs are really hard and slow in those conditions. Time for the 6 mile loop was 77 minutes and change. Last week (packed snow) I ran it in 63 minutes, and my regular 7 mile loop out there is around 64 minutes. It wasn't for a lack of effort I will say that. So that led to today's lunchtime road run into town and back. Needed an ego booster. I did 8 miles in 65 minutes which is pretty decent for me at a regular effort. Nice day, as mentioned. I saw robins, it was a balmy sunny 30 degrees with no wind, and I hit town right at high noon and heard the church bells ringing on main street. Likely I will take the Lady out later for 3-4 miles of neighborhood loops.

QOTD: Emptying the dishwasher, feeding the cat (we feed him in the basement because of the dogs), taking out the trash. I get all the fun chores.

Those of you who hate grocery shopping, WTF. Granted it's not beer shopping but it's a store full of yummy food!

WCRunner - Congrats on your 50! That and travelling likely wore down your immune system just a bit.

TT - Rest up.. sorry about your fall.

Mandy - Be sure to post some swimsuit pics since you are in the heat!  :mischief:

Queen - Just do it as the swoosh says. If I had your weather I'd be running zillions of miles.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

QOTD: I purposely waited to answer this to see what others would say.  I am glad I am not alone in detesting grocery shopping.  I hardly ever do it (DW knows I loathe it).  I don't mind work (except maybe a few tasks here and there). I actually enjoy yard work.  Folding laundry not so much.  Cleaning up after the kids also not a favorite.

WC - congrats! Are we going to be reading a race report soon?

It's posted in the Beginners and Beyond Group: Jackpot RR

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Lots of posts here today, so I feel really late to the party.

Kids were dismissed early from school because of a snow storm that never arrived, and DD missed the bus, so there went my afternoon run. Hoping to get out later today for a few miles.

TT: The rest will probably really be good for your head. Talking from experience here... 

Jamie: They have a model for Marley, too:

QOTD: Anything that has to do with dishes (dishwasher, cleaning milk pitchers and coffee pots at work, cleaning pots and pans,...), folding laundry, cleaning bathrooms.

And on a more personal level, taking showers. While I love having showered and feeling fresh, I really dislike actually getting wet, and having to apply soap and then rinsing it off again. Just takes too much time. Still, the result is probably worth it. 

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Heading out now...quite the loser aren't I?    in my defense I did go hiking Saturday and MT Biking Monay so I am out there..just wasn't running.  Grocery Shopping: All that food that you can't eat and all the red wine you can't afford to drink or can't consume from morning till night because you have to work!

Those of you who hate grocery shopping, WTF. Granted it's not beer shopping but it's a store full of yummy food!

Queen - Just do it as the swoosh says. If I had your weather I'd be running zillions of miles.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

Oh, man, I actually love grocery shopping. Compared to a lot of the other thankless tasks it's easily organized and I like trying to make both the movement and spending as economical as possible. It's a game. What I really hate is scooping the cat boxes. This is complicated by the fact that one of the cats refuses to #2 in the box (terrorized by cat 1, unfortunately).

Oh, yeah- 2 miles on snowshoes today. I'm feeling a little beat up from the last couple of days.

Hope you feel better soon, TT!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

darg, have you tried setting up a second litter box in a separate room, where the other cat (the "terrorist") does not have access to?

We had a similar problem for a while, and we solved it by

1) offering the terrorized cat her own space (in DD's bedroom, which was off limits for the "terrorist" - we kept the door closed).

We set up a second litter box in that room, which she kept using for a few months, until sharing of the other litter box worked. The terrorized cat slept in that room overnight, and we kept her in there at times throughout the day, usually when no human was in the house (not always, just sometimes, at other times, she was allowed to roam through the house), so she would not feel "locked away".

2) for a few hours every day, and overnight, locking up the "terrorist" cat in a bathroom, where she had everything she physically needed: water, food, litter box, pillow, cat house, some toys.

We kept her in that bathroom when all of us were out of the house, so that she would not feel excluded or terrorize the other cat, while the "weaker" cat could roam through the house.

After a few months, both cats were happy to share territory, food, and one litter box. Maybe some of that works for your cats, too.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a fast (for me) 6 miles in this evening

TT- get better soon; I'm black and blue on my right side from the shoulder down to about my knee from my roll yesterday, but amazingly doesn't hurt that much (if I don't bump any of it)

WC- congrats!

qotd: I'd have to say work as well, don't get me wrong it's a good job (much lower stress than my previous job, good pay and good hours), but I've already "retired" from one job and am itching to retire from this one so I can become a real mountain bum.  4 years, 10 months and 11 days, but whose counting 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I ran 12 after my doctor visit. I have been battling an ear ache for a few days now. I probably shouldn't have gotten out and run in the cold wind, but whatever.

QOTD: I hate folding clothes. I don't mind towels, but I hate when my wife sits a basket of clothes in front of me to fold. I have too many different piles, and then she complains that I get things mixed up.

LB2