Trailer Trash

Finally Fridaily is here (Read 35 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am so thankful it's the end of the week.  No big running plans this weekend.  Too many things that need to heal and too many projects at home. DD b-day today and DW b-day on Sunday so quite a full weekend for us.  I did get in 6 mles this morning.

QOTD: What creature, that you have either never seen or haven't seen in a while, would you like to see on a run?

A couple years ago I was saying a bear.  After two sightings last year, I am good on the bears.  But I would love to see a great big moose.  I will have to go elsewhere for that.  Maybe one day when I do a thru hike on the AT.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dpc3

After a hectic couple of weeks I am back at it on a normal schedule. Got in 3 this morning and I am going to sneak out and get in 4 at lunch before what I hope to be a productive weekend both running and in the garden.

Boyjame: Enjoy the weekend

QOTD: A badger, it's been since my masters work that I have seen one.

Birdwell

Morning folks! Got in a little over 6 this morning.

Jamie, enjoy the bday festivities!

QOTD: I think a mountain lion would be cool to see, from a distance, preferably before it sees me. Bear would be neat too.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Finally friday is right!  I will be picking up my packet for a local 10 mile race at the Tenafly Nature Center after work and while I'm there I'm going to do a nice and easy 5 mile preview loop of the course.  I'm planning on doing the race as a tempo run because I'm not 100% sure my foot will hold up to a race effort.

QOTD: +1 to a bear...I still have never seen one in the wild.

**Ask me about streaking**

The pooch and I had a nice 8 mile trail run.  We ran up and down 4 sides of the the highest hill in the area where we were and then did some rolling trail.

QOTD: Locally seeing a bear would be a big deal, but I have seen quite a few out west.  Here, seeing a bear or a bobcat would be pretty cool.  Within 75 miles of home the bobcat is pretty possible, the bear not so much.  On travel out West, I would like to see a cougar.  I've never seen one in the wild.  That said, despite having seen them moose, elk, big horn sheep, bison, and wolves are pretty cool to see.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

8+ on the trail before work this morning.  Not a great run, lacked some energy.  My be time for a day off.

QOTD:  One of my regular runs passes a pond/swamp with some beaver dams - I'd really like to see one of the residents one of these days.

XtremeTaper

Hello all!

I had a pretty awesome run last night at Monocacy Hill. A trail tempo run where I turned the normal 5-7 mile plod into a faster paced run (a minute+/mile faster). I was under 10 minute pace for the normal 5 mile loop and kept it up for the second shorter loop for a total of 7 miles. I know 9 something pace doesn't sound like much but the elevation gain is probably on average 100-150 foot per mile and of course there are roots, ruts, and rocks scattered about so it is pretty good for me. The key is I also felt good during the run and was able to push when the terrain called for it. It was pretty awesome. 

Today, I may hit Warwick Park for a run and get my feet wet in the French Creek. I haven't done the loop with the creek crossing since last fall. 

QOTD: I've never seen a bear during a run. Maybe they've seen me though.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

SRD for me. I've been pretty sore and tired all week. This weekend is going to be beautiful here and luckily I'll be outside for most of it. Running a trail 10k tomorrow, then hiking 14 miles on the NJ section of the AT on Sunday. Cannot wait!

QOTD:  I think a moose would be fun too, boyjame. Otherwise, maybe a fox. In my neck of the woods, the only things I see are deer and squirrels (and millions of dogs off leashes jumping all over me.)

Have a great weekend, all!

runtraildc

SRD for me today.  Last night's 6 was filled with long hills on tired legs.  A rest day sounds good, but will get some strength training in later.

Between running, hiking and work, I've seen a lot of wildlife in the woods over the years (brown bears were the best, but scariest), but a herd of something (caribou, buffalo or a wolf pack) would be amazing to just run by (at a distance).

muppy

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Plan on 5 after work today.

QOTD Think I'd like to see some happy, friendly wolves out running.

QOTD:  I think a moose would be fun too, boyjame. Otherwise, maybe a fox. In my neck of the woods, the only things I see are deer and squirrels (and millions of dogs off leashes jumping all over me.)

Philadelphia is only about an hour and a half up the road from here and we see foxes pretty regularly.  I am surprised you don't.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Ultra Cowboy

Did 6.6 in 1:18 (of moving time) according to my run partners Garmin in the rain and mud and darkness by headlamp in the second half.

QOTD:  I always enjoy seeing big Game species while running.  Deer and Turkeys abound.  I guess I take it for granted.  In the last month we have run WITH skunks and salamanders on the trail.  Mt. Lions are amazing to see.  (Saw one in Idaho in 1993)  Have not seen a wolf in the wild yet, although I've seen tracks.  Bears are entertaining.  Moose worry me due to their unpredictable nature.  Elk are just magical.

WYBMADIITY

Save

jonferg67

Endless trails

Howdy, trailers.

SRD for me today after 2 days of great trail runs. I had to kick a cold this past

week after not being sick for a few years, surprised how much energy it sapped

from me-must a mid-age thing.

Jamie-Happy b-day to your DD and DW.

QOTD: I've seen a cougar, coyotes, snakes and deer; it would be cool to see a moose or a

bear.

Snowdenrun

No running yesterday. DBF and I went out on our boat for the first time. The weather was awesome! Not a single cloud in the sky. My face actually got a bit of color to it. We took someone from DBF's work who knows the waters pretty well and even set and pulled some crab pots. Today I'm just planning on going out, easing into a run and seeing where that takes me.

QOTD: I am perfectly content seeing eagles on my runs. They are really interesting to watch. On the other hand, I am terrified of seeing a bear. Bears are everywhere in Sitka. And huge. And I'm a wuss when it comes to them. I haven't been here long enough to not be worried, which is probably a good thing.

Ultra Cowboy

Snow, You have some BIG bears in your neck of the woods...It is understandable.  I saw some video from a fella who worked at the Kodiak Fish hatchery.  That would pucker me...

WYBMADIITY

Save