Trailer Trash

This is your day Tuesdaily (Read 43 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon Trashers, or is it Trailers.

Nice 6 miles on singletrack, one of those runs that just felt effortless-like an afternoon hike. 

QOTD: Good question, Jamie. I was just thinking about this during today's run. I finally found

a decent trail system within a 10 min. drive from home. Last Sat. I found 16 miles no problem, then

Sun. I did some exploring and tapped into more sections of trail. It's a mt biking hot spot so I just

know I can I find 20+ miles without having to do loops. Very happy. Last year, when we lived in the

SF Bay Area I had my choice of incredible trails for LR's-and all of them had a least some elevation.

If anyone is visiting Cape Cod this summer I can host a sweet Long Run on killer New England

singletrack!

jonferg67

Endless trails

a short 5 mile recovery run on tap for today, I'm actually feeling better than expected after my Joshua Tree run

qotd:  I definitely mix it up- I have a dozen plus 20+ mile loops I can use, I never do the same one twice in a row

That's Awesome!!

skeene07

Dirty Girl

Headed out for about an hour run. Probably around the lakes.

QOTD: I love new trails and long runs are the perfect opportunity to explore them. It is also when I feel okay driving over an hour to get to a trail that we want to check out.

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Inspired by QOTD #2 I will come clean; Im a big time lurker here almost to the point of being creepy. I ran 8.5 miles in 1 hour down the completely flat arroyo path yesterday training for LA marathon in two weeks. I like to run marathons as well as ultras and im using LA marathon as a training run for Leona Divide 50 miler in April. Will probably just walk a few miles today because of a bruised tail bone sustained from falling while snowboarding this weekend in Lake Tahoe and I should be tapering for LA.

QOTD #1: I have 3 or 4 "go to" trails in the local area I like to run alot, but I like to try a new trail every month or two to mix it up. There is just too many beautiful trails in the area to restrict myself to the same ones all the time.

Ah Ha!!! We have a lurker! Just kidding.  Seriously though welcome! Quit window shopping and jump right in.  There are folks with all sorts of experience (and lack thereof), mileage (and lack thereof), and injuries Sad but you probably already knew all this.  Anyways, now you have posted and informed us of running L.A. and a 50....you will have to submt race reports for them.  That's part of the contract you signed!

Couch - I procrastinated as long as I could too.  I am signed up but am no where near where I would like to be.  I expect to struggle like I did last year.  But I still had a blast.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

I had plans for a 16-17 mile run today, only got in 14.6. Performance really sucked. I just didn't feel real well and ended up walking a lot towards the end. There was some mud from the snow melt and a lot of ice as well. Next year I need to get some microspikes.

Jame & FTYC - Don't be to concerned about Hyner. With the way my training is going the three of us can be miserable together. I'm starting to get a little concerned that I don't have any good quality long runs in yet this year. Todays was my longest.

Jame - If you're still interested in getting together for  a training run I might be able to do one on the 16th. I work the night before, but if I get out on time it might work out. Let me know if that would work for you.

QOTD 1: If I want to be on just trails then I have limited options. One is the AT, which I tend to fall on a lot. The second option is a farther drive but provides me the ability to choose numerous loops so that is where I go the most.

QOTD 2: Lately I feel like a lurker. Log in, take a look around and rarely post. I hate when my life gets so busy that I don't have time to relax.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Jame - If you're still interested in getting together for  a training run I might be able to do one on the 16th. I work the night before, but if I get out on time it might work out. Let me know if that would work for you.

Just sent you a PM.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Irish Luck

After last night's speedy 6 miles, where the mister asked me, "Are you running angry because we haven't run this fast in awhile?" We shall see what I can muster tonight, but I'm definitely headed to the gym for some weights. I'm "meh" about tomorrow's storm in PA, as I'm in the zone that will her minimal snow. I want REAL snow or REAL spring.

QOTD: I regularly run with the mister and I don't feel comfortable running solo on the many trails we enjoy together; however, I have a great 6-8 mi route that I run solo from my front door. It's only a mile of sidewalk to the trail, then it's some nice climbs along the Schuylkill River and an enjoyable stretch along the accompanying canal.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Ehh...

8.1 road miles to day in a fartleky mix.  3.8 with Weston the wonder dog, who hung in there during the intervals and striders.  The other 4.3 I ran at tempo pace, with a 1 mile time trial at mile 7  that whooped my ass.  Tried to break 8 minutes, but ran out of air.Confused

QOTD:  usually run trails with a group on Saturday for 7 or so, then go out by myself for more of the same, though I look for trails and places they never dare to go.

QOTD:  Lurker, though not completely...

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Uh oh... now what?

Hey John-- I'm driving my wife and daughter to Milwaukee early Friday so they can fly to Tucson for some really big book and author type show, convention, or something. You know anything about that? (Tucson Festival of books.) I guess it's one of the largest in the country. Anyway they are combining it with a visit with my sister who lives there so it doesn't seem quite so extreme.

Oops... just saw this (Am I the only John [not "John"] here?)

Kathy knows about the book/publisher/author show.  I think she went to it a few years back (we have a son in Tucson).  Her writing is way far above mine.  I'm sort of like the static-filled music in the background when you are put on hold.  Warm rain forecast for Tucson.