Trailer Trash

new car Fridaily (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

If you plan on running that Sunday I may be able to join you. Let me know what day you decide on.

Will do.  Not sure what side you use, we usually park on West side at Ellendale Road.  DW has to work sometime this weekend for a Health Fair at her work. When she knows her schedule, we'll decide.

*edit - Jamie, I sent you a PM. I lost your cell #

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Wow, it really is new car Friday. Have to say though that both of you guys are now in the demographic where you should be driving a Buick. 

Day off from running as I headed up north right after work. A little early fall color is happening up here. Another couple weeks or so and it should be epic. Goes quick. I will be up here for probably every weekend until early Nov. plus I was able to arrange a couple extra days off from work to spend up here.

QOTD--Weekend plans: grouse season opens tomorrow so I will spend a little time doing that but it is still way too early and warm. Way too much foliage and the dog quickly overheats but it is still a necessary training to get her ready for a couple weeks from now. She's in good shape but not intense hunting shape.  Some trail running up here which is great, split some wood, a little canoeing around, etc. Love this time of year.

runtrail-- I always survey the springer rescue site for our region. We are registered with them but we have never gone thru the interview process yet. There were a couple fantastic sounding dogs from Mn. a short time ago and we almost pulled the trigger. They are gone now of course. In the end DW and I decided to wait until spring and then get a puppy from a breeder a little north of Madison that specializes in hunting lines and field trialers. $1500.00. Ouch.  Also I had mentioned awhile back that my daughter and hubby moved to Utah in late May. Well they were feeling a little homesick so they got a dog and who would have guessed but they bought a little springer pup. That dog is a beaut and they have already brought her here to play with ours.    I tell you this to just keep fanning the flames. You need to get your springer.

AT-runner

Tim

I imagine flying out to a camping trip would be a nightmare. I have often wondered how airport security would react to my little baggies of Tailwind.

I pre-mixed last year when we did our R2R2R run. I was hoping they would check and I'd stick my finger in and taste it for them. Didn't even stop me and they were in my carry on.  Now I have some "ready packs" of Tailwind for this year. Don't think they'll be a problem.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!