Trailer Trash

Wet Weekender (Read 22 times)

LB2

Not too wet this weekend. Looks like storm will move to our east. I moved my marathon run to next weekend and figured I would swap the back to back long run to this weekend. I just did 16 this morning in 3 hours. It was really easy, really smooth. No issues at all. I'll do the same tomorrow and run a marathonish run next weekend.

QOTD: Have you been listening to any good music lately?

Yes. I have really taken to the new Mastodon EP, Cold Dark Place. If you like progressive metal, it is hard to beat that EP.

LB2

muppy

Was wide awake ar 4:30 got in 9.6 miles around town this morning.

I actually felt really good running for the first time in months!

QOTD I still listen to the same old stuff, jam bands and Dead type stuff.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

was able to get a later (and ultimately shorter) flight and got 4.5 miles in this morning; sitting in the airport as I type- I just love flying 

qotd: I should probably sample some of the newer music, my iPod is 90% 90's grunge/alternative (Beck, Bush, Nirvana, etc) and 10% late 60's/early 70's Rolling Stones, Doors, Led Zeppelin, etc

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

No run or biking. Just working today.

I haven't run long distances in so long that I almost forget how it would feel to go out for a 16 mile run .

QOTD:  Still mostly listening to old country.  Maybe i'll break the the cycle and listen to some Dr hook while I'm doing my paperwork.

AT-runner

Tim

Not as long as I hoped, but ran 10 miles with DW on and around the AT.  Knee still gets sore after running. No sharp pain at all, so I guess that's a good thing.

QOTD:  Classic Rock (XM 26) usually for me or 70's.  Have been listening to BB King's Bluesville channel a lot lately. Right now, it's any station hat doesn't report any news.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ran 22 this morning.  Felt good other than I did not eat prior to and only fueled with on bottle of water/tailwind.  I was definitely running on empty towards the end.  Four weeks out from a 50k and I think I am done with LRs.  I should be ok.

Went to a good high school football game friday night.  Brought the kids.  They didn't care much for the game.  DS1 hung out with a friend.  DD walked up and down the bleachers all night (maybe she is a future ultra runner).  DS2 watched the game with me.

QOTD: Not really.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning on this wonderful Sunday! I hope everybody is out and having a great trail time.

Me and the boys are getting ready to volunteer at the Tussey Mountainback, the 50-mile ultra and relay run on the gravel roads in Rothrock State Park.We will be at the Aid Station 11, the last one before the finish, at around mile 45.The weather is ok, overcast, maybe some rain, but unseasonably warm and humid (temps in the mid-70's during the day, and a dewpoint around 68 degrees throughout the day  . I think we will have a lot of fun there.

I have not been running in a few days because I was working too much. Together with the lack of sleep (I start at 5 a.m. every day), I was just too exhausted. But I'll run today after the volunteering. All you guys really rock the long distances. I wish I was there again!

QOTD: I don't listen much to "my own" music. At work, the young people bring in their phones and first thing they do is to put on some music. Usually heavy metal, or current hits, sometimes country, or oldies, and I like it all. When I put on my own music, it is often 50's through 70's songs, with some current hits mixed it.

Have a great weekend, trailers!

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Heading out for a 5-6 mile run unless my GI tract doesn't allow me to. It's kind o in a uproar right now.

LB2 - I haven't really been following Nate too much but I believe it came through your area or maybe a little to the east. If so I hope you made out OK.

FTYC - Hope you all had fun at the Tussey.  I staggered into that aid station last year just shuffling along and the older ladies that were there tried to get me to take all of the cookies and things they still had.  I left a few for the one or two people that were still behind me.   I'm glad it wasn't this warm last year, I don't think I would have finished it.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

DD1: Woohoo still for you finishing it. It was warm and humid, so humid actually that the paper lists for keeping track of the teams and runners got totally soft and stale after just a couple hours out there and almost disintegrated. Still the runners were very fast, Anthony Kunkle won it in 5:40, and the last runner crossed the finish line half an hour before the cutoff of 12 hours.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Quick wrap up; It was really warm at the Arkansas Traveler 100 this weekend.  I think the DNF rate will be high this year.  I ended up finishing in about 27:19. I felt ok early and managed the heat pretty well but I knew the PM temps were gonna be warm and I’d eventually do the big slowdown thing.  No hydration or fueling issues at all.

tbd.

LB2

Quick wrap up; It was really warm at the Arkansas Traveler 100 this weekend.  I think the DNF rate will be high this year.  I ended up finishing in about 27:19. I felt ok early and managed the heat pretty well but I knew the PM temps were gonna be warm and I’d eventually do the big slowdown thing.  No hydration or fueling issues at all.

Way to go, Sandy!!

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Wow Sandy, great time. Congrats!

Run for fun.