Trailer Trash

the day after Wednesdaily, the day before the Fridaily (Read 37 times)

Chnaiur

Morning! Planning on a 16-mile trail tonight, but may have to switch down to 10 if I don't get out of the office in time.

QOTD: Interesting that so many use Garmins. I tried measuring distance with my Android a few times, but the measurement was so obviously wrong that I stopped. I just keep a few checkpoints and their splits in my head.

I also always lose watches, so I've resigned to buying $5 ones in bunches of three. That way I usually have one handy. If I can't find one anyway, I just note the start time on a piece of paper, and do the math when I'm back.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Snowdenrun

I had a four hour death march yesterday. It was my longest time on foot. I only managed 15 miles, but there was tons of elevation change. It was actually a good mental boost, ad hopefully I got the death march out of my system for a while.

QOTD: Just a plain watch. Although someone from another daily realized I didn't run with a gps watch and sent me her old Garmin Forerunner 405! I haven't actually figured out how to work it yet. But I thought that was really sweet just sending me one.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

QOTD: Just a plain watch. Although someone from another daily realized I didn't run with a gps watch and sent me her old Garmin Forerunner 405! I haven't actually figured out how to work it yet. But I thought that was really sweet just sending me one.

Is that why you were complaining about your truck breaking down ? Big grin

**Ask me about streaking**

Chnaiur

I had a four hour death march yesterday. It was my longest time on foot. I only managed 15 miles, but there was tons of elevation change. It was actually a good mental boost, ad hopefully I got the death march out of my system for a while.

Nice! Sometimes a death march is just what it takes to re-balance the brain!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Nice pic TC.  As a construction guy, I love seeing infrastructure and marvels of engineering.  I think I have some sort of dichotomy thing going on with living/working in the city and escaping to nature.  I love both.

I agree! I love living in the city....love the hustle and bustle and having so much to do. However, when I don't escape to nature at least once a week, I get pretty grumpy.

DigDug2

6 on the TM at lunch today.  Been a while since I've run on the TM - there's something to be said for the climate...

QOTD:  used to always run with a watch; now I rarely do.  My running logs from 10 years ago have distances and times in mm:ss, including splits for big loops in my regular routes.  Now I just have miles or, if I don't know mileage, minutes rounded to the nearest 5 or 10.  I run with my phone sometimes, either for emergency reasons or to get distance on a new route in mapmyrun, but I prefer just going gadget-free.

Sandy-2

10 this morning in the warm humid Bluegrass state.  It was just as bad as TX.

DD and horse are ready to go for tomorrow.  She is chilling and keeping expectations low.  Just wants to finish.

qotd: I just have a plain old watch.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Itty bitty 4.5 with Earl this am.  Was thinking of blowing it off when I heard him get off the bed and proceed to puke.  So we were up, now let's go.  In the woods and near the MFH I hear coyotes howling so we race (wlaked/raced) to the top and saw one.  Earl howled, they howl, Earl howled, and so on and so on.  It was fun.

QOTD:  My first Garmin was given to me by co-workers at work when I left the job.  That was an awesome gift.   I have the Garmin 190.  If you are on an unfamiliar trail it helps you from getting lost.  But I do like it and hate it when I forget it.

Cocktails:  Nice picture and nice job on getting out of bead.  I am sure you wereing drinking cocktails until 12 too.

Northern:  Is Chloe a new dog?  and I still want to know why you are not working?

LOW_02:  Or when you haven't charged it up and it turns off on you.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Queen-- Cloe is just my younger springer. She's either 6 or 7, can't remember off hand but she is a tiny little hunting machine. Barely 40lbs and quite the wuss until you start putting on the hunting boots and grabbing a shotgun. It's then that a transformation takes place. She's my 4th springer and is just a joy. Otto is the big fella in my avatar but he is around 12 and not too much of an athlete these days.  I see a lot of myself in him. Smile   Don't know if you remember back a couple years ago on RW I posted a picture of him about 20ft up in a spruce tree.

Anyway back in March I sold out my small and as of late unprofitable business so I'm just on a sabbatical for awhile. Didn't make enough to move to the Virgin islands sadly so look for me down the road greeting people at a Wal-Mart somewhere. Cool   Have to add though I'm in no hurry to work again but when I do I want no stress and a crappy enough job so when I ask for time off and don't get it I'll just quit. If I aim low enough I can't help but succeed!

Heading north in a couple minutes for the weekend and some cooler temps comin' up.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I do not recall that picture you need to pull it back up and post.  I so look forward to the days of unemployment.  Four more years!!!

I see a lot of myself in him. Smile   Don't know if you remember back a couple years ago on RW I posted a picture of him about 20ft up in a spruce tree.

Anyway back in March I sold out my small and as of late unprofitable business so I'm just on a sabbatical for awhile. Didn't make enough to move to the Virgin islands sadly so look for me down the road greeting people at a Wal-Mart somewhere. Cool   Have to add though I'm in no hurry to work again but when I do I want no stress and a crappy enough job so when I ask for time off and don't get it I'll just quit. If I aim low enough I can't help but succeed!

Heading north in a couple minutes for the weekend and some cooler temps comin' up.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

My early morning reply went to the eternal internet Nirvana, so I'm checking in now.

In the morning, I was suffering from some GI bug that I must have picked up at the pool yesterday, but fortunately I was left with just dizziness, tiredness and nausea. Still, my morning run was canceled.

I got my new headlamp yesterday (Princeton Tech Vizz), and I'm going to give it a whirl tonight. I already compared it to my old headlamp (Petzl Tikka, the first edition) in my kitchen, and the difference was like day and night, literally! So I am all rev'd up for a run as soon as the kids are in bed (hoping the day at the pool will do its magic), and the lightning storm over the mountain has passed.

QOTD: Nothing. Just a handheld water bottle. I guesstimate the distance on mapmyrun, and get an idea about the time from checking the time on my car's clock when I leave and when I come back. Good enough for me.

Run for fun.

Brian Runner

Did a rare (for me) 7 mile road run after dark this evening with the local group. A local running hero who ran the Women's Olympic Marathon Trials a couple years back was in town for a visit and came out to join us.

I've been meaning to add a road day back into my training for some variety / speed (compared to trail), so I guess this Thursday run, which has become a regular thing, will be just the ticket. Having focused on long/slow trail stuff for so long I feel like the fitness has gotten a bit stale recently. Time to shake things up a bit.