mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ that’s what I was thinking- retire 3/31 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

umm dragging my feet a bit.  The husband has dr apt Monday and if he needs another surgery on his sinuses I will wait another month or so.  I guess I shouldn't tell anyone until I actually fill out the paperwork.  I edited my signature line.  If I do retire I still have 3 weeks of vacation on the books so may retire end of April but quit going to work after the first week of April....may also stretch this out to may.

Just got a stand-up deck, aren't you retiring shortly?

Hey, I heard from Jamie. He's not running much since he's knee deep in his dissertation. Hopes to finish in the next 2 months.  He also said he dropped from Montour 24hr.  He'll stop by soon, he promised.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

umm dragging my feet a bit.  The husband has dr apt Monday and if he needs another surgery on his sinuses I will wait another month or so.  I guess I shouldn't tell anyone until I actually fill out the paperwork.  I edited my signature line.  If I do retire I still have 3 weeks of vacation on the books so may retire end of April but quit going to work after the first week of April....may also stretch this out to may.

Need to change the year.  Says 4/30/17.

So basically, you have to work longer so hubby can breathe. Sounds like a fair trade. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

It sounds like another one of the "f this shit" days outside as I can hear the wind howling from upstairs in my office. Just running errands at lunch it was cold and miserable. I guess I should not be surprised. March is always like this. I did walk the dogs a mile around the block and thought about running but a few sideways gusts made me change my mind. So no run tonight as I will play my slacker/not training card again today.

Regular check-up with doc today. My numbers looked better but I've been off the ice cream crack since my last visit. Asked for a lyme check as I've been feeling off for awhile now so had that blood draw today so should see results soon. My dog has been treated for tick disease twice so I try to get checked occasionally. Likely it's just old age but better safe then sorry I suppose.

In other exciting news, I had complete success in operation youtube repairman with our dryer that went on the fritz. $40 in parts, and voila' fixed and working. I am not very handy so this is a major success. Saved probably $150-$200 I guess. Those repairman come out once to diagnose and once to fix normally so it's never cheap.

Oh. Nevermind. I forgot this was a running forum.

QOTD: I guess once/week on average not counting the occasional Wawa Hoagie or Egg Mcmuffin stop. I actually had a quarter pounder with cheese last Saturday and it was pretty damn good.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Regular check-up with doc today. My numbers looked better but I've been off the ice cream crack since my last visit. Asked for a lyme check as I've been feeling off for awhile now so had that blood draw today so should see results soon. My dog has been treated for tick disease twice so I try to get checked occasionally. Likely it's just old age but better safe then sorry I suppose.

In other exciting news, I had complete success in operation youtube repairman with our dryer that went on the fritz. $40 in parts, and voila' fixed and working. I am not very handy so this is a major success. Saved probably $150-$200 I guess. Those repairman come out once to diagnose and once to fix normally so it's never cheap.

Oh. Nevermind. I forgot this was a running forum.

QOTD: I guess once/week on average not counting the occasional Wawa Hoagie or Egg Mcmuffin stop. I actually had a quarter pounder with cheese last Saturday and it was pretty damn good.

Good luck with Lyme test.

Your juxtaposition of test results and eating quarter pounder with cheese made me smile.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

In honor of Pi Day I tried to run in circles but the best I could do was run on an irregular curved loop for 6.2 miles.

qotd: rarely for dinner but about once a week for lunch

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Did 4 after work this evening. Same nice weather as GC. By the way GC what part of TX are you visiting?

Ky, welcome to the trailer trash!!

Mandy, sounds like a worse case scenario, sorry.

Queen, WTF, we were all living vicariously through your impending retirement!!  But sounds like you guys are being sensible.

qotd: probably once a week.

tbd.

Hiya all.  And happy Pi Day!

Taking it easy this week.  Banged up my knee and other parts at a 25k trail race last weekend.  Wiped out with a mile to go.    No real harm done (I hope) but the knee is showing some amazing technicolor bruising and has been a little sore when I tested it out this week  No biggie.  But did I mention that I got in to Tahoe Rim Trail 50 off the wait list?  Woohoo! That's July 21st.

qotd: how often do you go out (or take out) for supper?  we typically go out (or get take out) about once a week

QOTD: This makes me smile.  "Supper" is one of words that we just don't use here in CA.  It makes me think of Little House on the Prairie and tin cups and plucking chickens.  If you mean dinner (), we'll eat out 1-2 times per week when my DH is home, which is usually happy hour specials at our favorite watering hole.  But when he's away, I don't eat out.  I'm good with leftovers or cereal or a salad.   

Bert-o, yum, that shrimp/noodles/veggies looks amazing.

Mandy, it would take a fair amount of work before I could manage one pull up.

Moonlight, I'm with you on "should" be doing more weight bearing activity.

Queen, I've been lurking...

Valerie, I'm hoping that TRT will post their training runs soon.  If not, I'll PM you on FB about trying to get up there for a training run.

Hi to Ky JT!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

GC100k

Did 4 after work this evening. Same nice weather as GC. By the way GC what part of TX are you visiting?

My brother and parents are in Temple, which is between Waco and Austin on I-35.