Trailer Trash

It's the Saturdaily (Read 22 times)

muppy

Got in 5.7 miles on the road last night.

QOTD Anything exciting going on this weekend?

I am working the weekend, and leaving on Monday for four days at the beach in Ocean City Maryland!

runtraildc

Good afternoon, trailers.  Got in 4.3 miles with the group this am.  I headed back early since the legs were tired.  I did manage to put in a few fartleks in for speed.  I should be doing more runs like that.

qotd:  Nope, it's going to be pretty quiet around here this weekend.  I'm hoping DH will install the new faucet in one of our baths, which might not be a simple job since it is an old sink.  And we have a couple of movies to watch, including 16 candles.  I figured the boys needed to be introduced to John Hughes.  We'll see how it goes.

Daydreamer1

Planning on 7+ miles later this afternoon.

QOTD:  Mowing grass, changing the house water filter, playing with my new MIG welder. Tomorrow it's back to work. Nothing really exciting.

Occasional Runner

I nabbed 12 trail miles this morning, starting well before sunrise. It was a perfect fall morning for single track trail running.

QOTD: I'm RD'ing the "1st Annual Wasatch Beer Mile Classic" later today. Looks like a pretty solid turnout and lots of strong runners. This'll be the first ever beer mile held in Utah County, which is the epicenter of the Mormon faith. Should be interesting.

moonlightrunner

I got up early for 5 on the bike trail. My legs are a little sore after last night's effort at a (for me) blistering pace. Later today I might take the babes out for walk-run. The stroller pushing is definatly good for me.

Qotd: well, I am hoping for adequate time for a long run..I am hoping for 15 miles. If things dry off a bit I need to blow leaves, help my mom in the garden. Later in the afternoon we are having family pictures taken.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Finally got my act together enough to get up to Valley Forge NP for a run on the River Trail. Leaves are starting to turn and portions of the trail are beginning to be leaf covered, but on a groomed trail like that it isn't much of an issue.

QOTD: Nothing exciting this weekend, unless I don't sleep well tonight. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I might try to catch a live streaming of the Frankfurt Marathon.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

slosh

Got in 10 this morning on some trails. Was great to get out in the woods again. Love the woods in the fall!

qotd: boring weekend on this end

NHLA

fire rd 5013

NHLA

13 miles fire rd 5013 and art lobe trail.

qotd see pic

NorthernHarrier

Evening peeps,

Instead of driving up last night DW and I went out to dinner so I headed up mid morning today. Didn't get here until after 2:00 so a little puttzing and hiking about to check on things then I headed over to the nearby Hemlock preserve. Kind of a small area with some small loops but it is off the charts beautiful in there with some lake frontage and some small ponds. Had a nice 90 minute run in there. Way back in the late 80's and early 90's the adjacent land to this isolated state piece was owned by a wealthy guy who had it enrolled in our states industrial forest crop land program where they get a deferred tax as long as they adhere to certain management rules one of which is to allow access. This piece was/is several thousand acres and was a short jog down the road from my shack and I used to access a network of ancient logging roads connecting to the state land also. I could put together an unbelievable 20+ miles of either trail running or mtn. biking and have the whole place to myself. Never saw anyone in there over the years but alas it was eventually sold off and a good chunk removed from the forest program so I am only left with the small state parcel which is still pretty sweet. 

While I don't have the trail networks of Warden or Lace_up right out my door like they do I still have an abundance of great trail options all around me. I never get bored.

QOTD- I have 3 more days up here so it will be running, grouse hunting, campfires, and beer. Currently drinking a Belgian White from Lakefront Brewery out of Milwaukee. Very, very good.

some call me Tim

Sounds great, NH, though it's a bummer to lose trail.

2nd portion of the back to back today.. 17.5 slow on the course yesterday and then a hilly 12.5 mile tempo today. I've rarely had a checkup run go so well but with an avg pace of 6:50 it was about ten minutes better than I've ever run that route.

Time for taper now... Haven't got the mileage I wanted but considering the few bumps along the way I'm glad to be prepping to race and not putting my feet up

qotd: pumpkin picking with the fam at a cool little farm with animals for the kids to check out, corn maze and various products from the area on sale.. Should be good!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD today

qotd: went to Missoula to see my DD and family and we went to the Griz vs UND game- happy to report the Griz after a shaky start gave them a pretty good trouncing

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √