Trailer Trash

Friday (I got nothing funny) (Read 31 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had a really nice 6 with Earl this am...beautiful fall day..it's been drizzling and this morning the sun was shining on the golden brown oak leaves lying on the ground.

QOTD:  Just a longish run Sunday...rain tomorrow which is always a good time to do movies and lunch.  I have next week off but since we are going nowhere I just may come to work for those three days.  Sunday should be nice so maybe a little jeeping and drinking are in order. 

AT:  Sending good vibes for your sister because her brother is such a good guy.

Mandy:  Why you soo grumpy?  You're young and beautiful and can run again.  Not to mention having sweet Bella to hang out with.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I just want to put this out there...I'm rooting for the deer.

Also routing for the deer...  

runtraildc

Also routing for the deer...  

I'm rooting for the hunter.  And LB2, when you get that buck, I've got one or two in my yard.... Never mind I'm in the city; I won't tell if you won't.

AT-- sending good wishes for your sister.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Had a really nice 6 with Earl this am...beautiful fall day..it's been drizzling and this morning the sun was shining on the golden brown oak leaves lying on the ground.

Mandy:  Why you soo grumpy?  You're young and beautiful and can run again.  Not to mention having sweet Bella to hang out with.

I'm depressed and lonely and I hate winter.  You should all probably just ignore me until March.

I'm glad you and Earl got outside for a run!

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon all!

I sort of blistered my regular 7 mile trail loop at Coventry Woods today at lunchtime. My best time on this run (training) was just under 64 minutes with typical times lately of 65-68 minutes. Today I ran it in 59:56, and I did not feel like I pushed it until I turned the corner for the homestretch, saw the watch read 59:20 and then cranked it up to the finish. A couple of intermediate watch checks also gave me surprising times. I wore a fresh new pair of Altra Lone Peaks today. Was it the shoes, cold brisk weather, or something else entirely? I felt xtremely confident with my footing today despite the usual assortment of PA rocks and leaves.

QOTD: "Longish" trail run tomorrow with my partner in crime. Some football viewing, beer drinking, but probably a lack of hell raising. Just in case you've never heard that one.. Beer drinkers, Hell Raisers.. Baby don't you wann come with me? Yay for old ZZTop.

AT - Have fun at JFK. Seems like it might be a good day for PR's. My first JFK is still (and probably always will be) my best executed race. No desire to do it again though. Prayers and healing to your sister.

Mandy - Sorry about the winter blues. Too early in the season for that.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm depressed and lonely and I hate winter.  You should all probably just ignore me until March.

Or you could join me for a warm weather race in January or February. I'd welcome the company.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Or you could join me for a warm weather race in January or February. I'd welcome the company.

Sounds lovely, George!  Where are you going?  I will be going to Arizona in February, but that's a while off.

And you're right, XT.  It is too early.  Someone smack me.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Sounds lovely, George!  Where are you going?  I will be going to Arizona in February, but that's a while off.

I'm thinking FL or AZ for January, more likely Clearwater and a definite for NV in February for Jackpot. Jackpot is Valentine's Day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Watoni

SRD today for me.  Heading down early to Boonsboro, MD to work at the JFK50 and then later in the day I'll pace a friend for the last 12 miles of the race.  It's his first 50, and he's a basket case right now.  Hopefully he can channel his nervous energy into a good race.

DW is back running again after her bad fall last week on the AT.  No fractured pinkie, just bruised, cut and sore .  She's pacing another friend, also for the last 12.  Her friend has done 8 JFK's and is calm as can be right now.

All in all, I know 13 people racing this year.  Hope that's not an unlucky number.

I know we have a lot of agnostics on this forum, but a prayer or two, from those who do that sort of thing, for my oldest sister.  She had confirmation that she does have breast cancer and is now deciding treatment options.

QOTD:  Racing, pacing or what weekend plans?

So sorry to hear about your sister. She is on our thoughts.

Running? About 5 last night in the mud, tweaking my ankle of course since it is really muddy and the ankle is weak.

Hoping for something more today (or some cycling)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I would love to smack you Mandy.    How about Red Hot in Moab 02/14/17.  I am thinking about it.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice job on your PR...I am thinking you had beer on the mind.

. Was it the shoes, cold brisk weather, or something else entirely? I felt xtremely confident with my footing today despite the usual assortment of PA rocks and leaves.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

7 in the cold, but it was fun.

Thanksgiving traffic ramping up already, there was a 1+ mile backup on the highway when I was driving back home (but luckily I was going the opposite direction 

Harrier: I might keep that in mind. "Oops..."  -  maybe I'll check my employer's liability insurance first... just kidding. Usually I'm good at staying friendly and impartial, but this woman was very rude, trying to make us leave our seats at the bar and whacking my co-worker with her jacket, throwing her backpack at my shins, etc. Once I'm set off, I won't settle down before the matter is resolved, no matter what. And that's what I did.

AT: 

Queen: Glad you got to run again! Now keep that streak going! 

Mandy: You won't get away so easily by suggesting we ignore you. We'll rather sign you up for a race soon!

traildc: I'll share LB's travel cost if he get the deer in my FIL's backyard, too. And I'll second your cover story for "getting" deer in the city, whatever you're going to say, promised! 

taper: What were you trying to run away from? Never mind, just saw, it was a loop... Nice work!

Watoni: Mud and ankles - don't even mention it to me! Hope you'll heal up quickly again!

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thanks for the challenge..

Queen: Glad you got to run again! Now keep that streak going! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening; starting a new 5x5 program- should provide ample soreness

qotd: elk hunting tomorrow, season is waning

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √