Trailer Trash

Spring? Fridaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Have the heat on at the office to take the chill off.  52° for the high today.  Think it was warmer in February.

Heading to Chincoteague for Mother's Day weekend.  Jess and I will run a 12 miler either tomorrow or Sunday.  Plenty of walking time, too.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Any racers or pacers this weekend?

QOTD:  I had a young patient complaining that he had to take Karate because he mother was making him. What did you have to do as a kid that you parent's thought would be good for you?  I took dance lessons because my great aunt had a dance studio (she was a Radio City Music Hall Rockette in the mid 30's).  I learned Irish Step and a few other useful party moves.  At least my brother had to suffer along with me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a mellow 2.5 mile hike with DW and hound yesterday evening- got rained on pretty good at the end of the hike, but actually felt good   we've been having above normal temps this week, but it comes to an end tonight- 50's all weekend and next week- no complaints here

SRD today, race tomorrow

qotd: My brother and I played little league football and loved it, but my Dad wanted us to play little baseball as well- this was pre-batter helmet, pre-hit the ball off a tee, etc   The pitcher was chosen by who could throw the ball the hardest (not the most accurate!!!!); I would guess about every fourth time at bat you would get beaned, beaned hard.  After two years of us complaining, he relented and lets us quit baseball 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jonferg67

Endless trails

My hands were cold this morning while I hiked with the dog, no run today.
        Does this mean we might have a cool summer.

HM at Bear Mt on Sunday morning for me. Race is advertised as 2,324ft gain so

should be a nice challenge, forecast is 40's with rain.

Good luck, tomorrow MT

QOTD: My parents were hippies so...I did live with my grandparents for a while and

they made me play little league. I hated the formality of it all, but I did play a lot of

baseball on weekends with a group and loved that.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hiya!  I ran 3.5 miles last night.  Another chiro appointment this afternoon.  Will do a lot of bike riding this weekend -- contemplating ditching the BF since he's on call this weekend and doing a solo overnight at a local state park, but I'm not sure.

QOTD: Piano lessons.  UGH!  I am NOT musically gifted in any way.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A nice 4.5 mile late last night.  Been a decent running week (for me).

AT: Have fun.  Your 48 hour is coming up soon, right?

QOTD: My parents never made me play any sports I didn't like.  I played soccer and loved it but then moved into basketball and XC in high school by my choice.  But they did force me to go to swim lessons which I HATED.  I was not a good swimmer and afraid of the water.  Forcing me didn't necessarily helped but eventually I got comfortable with it.  Thankfully my kids did not fight us too much last summer with swim lessons.  None for this summer because they are all decent swimmers.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Debating whether to run an easy 2-3 miles today with a 50K track race tomorrow ...in the rain.

qotd: My parents didn't force me into any activities. In fact they refused to allow me to play Little League baseball or take music lessons. My older brother had tried both and quit, so I wasn't even allowed to try.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

AT: Have fun.  Your 48 hour is coming up soon, right?

2 weeks from today. But we're calling it "A 2 day training run". Sounds less threatening that way.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Nothing yet today. 50* here which is about 20 degrees lower than normal.  I'm trying to figure out what I need to get done before the rain moves back in. The plans included 4-5 while a kiddo is swimming.

qotd: The activities I did, I enjoyed (or that's how I remember it). I was (am) a tomboy and being outside, sports, etc. I all liked.  The thing that stands out being 'forced' to do was wear 'outfits' my mom liked  and I despised.  She liked really frilly 'girly' clothes and made me dress up, even when the occasion didn't call for it. There's a pink gingham and lace dress for which I still feel shame and deep humiliation. 

XtremeTaper

Chilly here too.. turned the heat back on yesterday in the house. Need to get the lawn mown AGAIN before the rain starts tonight/tomorrow. Anyways....

7 miles for me and the Lady last night on the trails of Coventry Woods. It was slickery out there due to light drizzle and rain and the run was slow. However mother nature has dialed up the greenery of the woods to 11. Not sure of run today. I need to mow the yard as previously mentioned and SirB is at the vet for an ear flush procedure and we will have to pick him up after work.  Forecast is for nasty rainy weather tomorrow but I'd like to get a medium long run in the books. I guess I might get wet, eh?

QOTD: Well not so much sports, I think my mom was annoyed that I wanted to play little league but I did for a few years anyway. But we did have to go to Catholic Mass every Sunday. When I was older I became an altar boy which actually made the masses go by more quickly because you were doing something. Thankfully none of the priests doodled me.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

I'll run after work today. Ended up not running yesterday, so I really need to today.

qotd: Similar to AT, my Mom made me take dance classes one summer.  We were in a club that raced sailboats all summer and one of the parents thought it would be a good idea to arrange dance lessons, so the whole group of young kids in the sailing club did it. It was held in the clubhouse.  We all hated it, but at least we were all in it together. . . .  no one could razz the others about it.  . . .  but at lest there were girls involves so that helped too.   I do remember suffering through the foxtrot, lundy, cha-cha, etc.  Of course looking back on it now, it's just one of those funny kid experiences, perhaps it wasn't that bad afterall.  

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

Really want at least a short run today but don't know if I'll get that in or not. Gotta go get a load of mulch and really should mow the back hay field yard.  Soon need a machete to cut a path through it and tomorrow it's supposed to rain all day.  If I do get in a run it will most likely only be about 5 miles.

QOTD:  As far as activities such as sports, music and other things of that sort, I wasn't allowed to participate in anyway, shape, or form.  My Mother's social anxiety disorder got in the way of that.  I can relate to being forced to wear certain clothes.  Think hand me downs from the 50's in the early and mid 70s. My mother was too "frugal" to buy newer clothes. Still hate that term. Probably because I wasn't pushed to do anything I pushed my kids pretty hard at times, especially DS since he was the shy one.

LB2

I didn't run today. I may hit a couple of miles later, but it doesn't matter much either way. I'll run in the AM.

QOTD: I guess the only thing they made us do was go to church every Sunday and Wednesday. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like going on Sunday night. I do remember once when a guest preacher made the statement: "In Heaven, we get to do this every minute of every day for eternity." I was like, "You gotta be kidding me."

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yep it was cold here this morning too.  I ran a little over 5 this morning... took a bit out of a left over buffalo wing...wouldn't suggest doing that before a run.  t just stuck in my throat the whole time.   saw a little fur on the trail and then the dogs got crazy with there sniffing.  Jack took me to a spot where there were two rabbit ears with bright red blood on them.  One was large and one was small   no sign of anything else and the ear were next to each other.  Did he get Mommy or baby or both?  Jack ate the large ear. 

qotd:  Go to church on Sundays...hell we already went to a Catholic School and had to go to church Wednesday afternoon.  5 kids; 2 siblings still g to church but not catholic.  the other 3 are sinners...wait  go to dirt church in the woods.

Good look tomorrow Warden and Jon too on Sunday.

extreme and LB:  Just read your qotd an sees we are on the same page.   In middle school I got in trouble for talking in church.   had to talk to the priest and he said  didn't have o go to church if  didn't want to be there.  I got to miss one weds mass and then the nuns wouldn't let me miss anymore.  I also tried to become an alter girl but the priest wouldn't let a girl perform such a manly job.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

DigDug2

Easy 5 this morning, enjoying a lower mileage week.

QOTD:

JF:  good luck at Bear Mountain.  I ran the half  there a few years ago, really enjoyable trails (I know that's your backyard so I'm sure you know the course).  Timp Pass was a bit rough - the initial steep part wasn't as bad as the next section with terrible footing through the rocks.  Of course, I biffed on the paved road past the next aid station after getting through all that...