Trailer Trash

Sadailies.... (Read 36 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

heading out the door for 18 on the Pioneer Trail.

QOTD:  What's the name of your favorite trail or what's your favorite trail name or do you have a no name trail that you named and what is it?

The Rim trail in Desolation forest is one of my favorite trails.

May have to think about favorite trail name.....

I run a bootleg trail by home and I named one portion MF Hill....hubby named it heart attack hill.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Did 13 this morning.  It was the first real "total sweat-fest" run this spring, I was soaked when I finished. We were on some nice trails in the local park so it wasn't all bad.  It was 100% humidity and in the low 70's.

I think with the sweat pouring outta me, my hamstring was a little mushy, but I was still able to run ok.  Just need to get used to the super high sweat rate again and then the hamstring will be fine.

qotd: Well my "favorite" trails would be some of the races I've done in CA or CO and they do have names (WS, Hardrock, etc.).  But I'll go with a local route that we run, we call it......  "the loop".  There is also a local park with a no name trail that we have dubbed "7 hills trail".

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Chnaiur

Going to the gym while the wife watches the kids in swim class next door.

QOTD: Corte Madera Open Preserve has some really nice trail names:

* Gigant Salamander trail -- really magical with super tight trees.

* Blue Blossom trail - love it because it is the first level section after 45 minutes of climbing.

* Falling Leaf Trail - really nice technical and rolling. Kicks my butt every time.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I am going to go for a one mile walk today. 

QOTD: We have a trail around here called Holy Schist.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Going to head out a little later for 8-12 miles. How much depends on how much time I have and how I feel.

QOTD: The Mid-State trail runs north to south thru PA. I regularly run a short section that is my favorite trail. It's gently rolling with just enough technical sections to keep things interesting. White Deer trail is a nice, mostly smooth trail that has a net elevation loss with a lot of pine needle base.  Then there is the "Stairway to Heaven". Straight up for about 1/2 mile. In 80 degree temps with 70% humidity it feels a little more like crawling your way towards hell.

muppy

Plan on seven or eight after work today.

QOTD I don't know if it really has a name or else I never noticed, but I love the trail that goes around Blue Marsh Lake, it's about 50K for a lap.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training and stationary bike this evening, maybe a short walk on the treadmill- will see how the heel feels

qotd: too many favorite trails, but some of the more neat names are Wakina Sky Trail, Show Me the Horse Trail, Stairway to Heaven Trail amongst others Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Heading out for 3 in a few minutes. Last night my dog and I went out to the state park for 7. I have not run that far in too long...it was slow.. by I am OK with that toward the end I was thinking I could run more than the 7...it felt

That good. It was getting dark...and my hand held was not working well. Then...I fell. Not bad...got up and continued on. Then at 6.5 I fell AGAIN! That one hurt. I just laid there a bit wondering if the coyotes I heard in the distance were going to mistake me for an injured deer. I managed to get up and shuffle run the remaining half mile.

I had two other falls this week. I am just old and clutzy...it can be painful.

Qotd: my favorite trail is in a preserve called The Ott. It is a little trail but I run it so much it feels like home. My other favorite trail is at the state park and referred to as "the green trail". Not very imaginative.

Queen: I was wondering about you and Earl. Isn't it difficult running with him...he being a hound and all...doesn't he get all into the scents and pull you off the trail or make sudden stops? As my bird dig was doing g that during g our run last night it made me think a hound would be even more difficult to run with.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

It's not quite 5:00, but WTF, time for a beer.  DW and I did 24 miles with a mix of AT and fire roads.  I was 4 pounds down after my run, so looks like i was 1/2 gallon short in my hydration.  First warm run of the year, so I'll have to work on that.

QOTD:  Dingle Way around the Dingle peninsula of western Ireland.  Most of my favorite trails are in Ireland, after that, I'd pick the Salmon River trail near Mt. Hood in Oregon.

Views like this almost the whole way along the Dingle Way, and the trail is well marked with sign posts showing a little yellow hiker.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Been MIA over the last few days, due to family chores.

Two kids were down with a stomach bug, and they wreaked havoc in our home. Combined with the early shift at work, this meant some lack of sleep, and my running was not great, but I got a nice 11-mile run in yesterday. It was a bit tricky, as it was raining hard, and I had chosen a very rocky, rooty, technical trail. No big surprise, I tripped, slipped, and bonked my knee - first bloody knee in the season. But otherwise, it was a nice run.

QOTD: I named a favorite route "Rattlesnake Mountain". Officially, the trails are called Lower Trail, Bald Knob Ridge Trail, Maquire Trail, and Greenshoot Trail, but last summer, there were so many rattlesnakes on Bald Knob Mountain, and I even jumped over one (scaring the heck out of me), so I nicknamed it the "Rattlesnake Mountain". In late fall and early spring, it is a wonderful route, with the rattlesnakes hibernating, and it is not too taxing with elevation (roughly 1,500 ft on 10 miles or so), but extremely technical, though runable. A great exercise.

DD1: Whooa-hooa on the Midstate Trail. It is barely runable in my area, my least favorite trail, at least when there's no snow. With a foot of snow, though, which smoothes out the rocks, it is a great trail.

Run for fun.

Birdwell

Afternoon folks!

Got in just over 8, with 1500+ feet of climbing in the middle 4 miles.

QOTD: The one I did today I like a lot. I call it the Red Hill Loop. Another favorite of mine is the Red Cliffs Loop (notice a pattern?)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

QOTD: The one I did today I like a lot. I call it the Red Hill Loop. Another favorite of mine is the Red Cliffs Loop (notice a pattern?)

yes...red!! let me guess you. Live in southern Utah??

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's not quite 5:00, but WTF, time for a beer.  DW and I did 24 miles with a mix of AT and fire roads.  I was 4 pounds down after my run, so looks like i was 1/2 gallon short in my hydration.  First warm run of the year, so I'll have to work on that.

QOTD:  Dingle Way around the Dingle peninsula of western Ireland.  Most of my favorite trails are in Ireland, after that, I'd pick the Salmon River trail near Mt. Hood in Oregon.

Views like this almost the whole way along the Dingle Way, and the trail is well marked with sign posts showing a little yellow hiker.

My favorite name...Dingle Way!!!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Queen: I was wondering about you and Earl. Isn't it difficult running with him...he being a hound and all...doesn't he get all into the scents and pull you off the trail or make sudden stops? As my bird dig was doing g that during g our run last night it made me think a hound would be even more difficult to run with.

It's not as nice as having a leashless dog But it works.  I have one of those expands leashes.  He can sniff something, I pass him, and then when I know we are getting to the end of the leash I call l him and he comes.  works 50 % of the time Without slowing down.  otherwise I stop and let him smell.

Watoni

Around 20 with 3600 feet of elevation gain ... nice run with great trails but none have particularly great names.

QOTD: I like Pirates Cove and Steep Ravine a bit further north of us Smile