Trailer Trash

Does group prayer work? or Hang onto Your Balls! (Read 34 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hi Trailers...last time I posted my dog Jack was going into surgery to be neutered with one ball located in his gut somewhere.  Well the Vet made a major mistake and took out his prostate and severed his urethra.  She told us everything looked so weird and she was positive the testicular was cancerous.  Somewhere over night she started to think about it and called us in the morning to see if he had peed.  He had not.  She told my husband she made a mistake and take him to the emergency hospital right away.  He had surgery to re-connect the urethra and they removed 90% of his bladder which died due to lose of blood supply from the prostate being removed.   He's been there over a week recovering and tomorrow is our big day.  They take out the catheter to see if the urethra works.

So does group prayer work?  I don't know but tomorrow on your morning run think about Jack and wish him the best.  It can't hurt.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Hang in there, Jack!  So sorry to hear this and I wish him (and  you) the best.  I'll be thinking of him when I go for my run in the woods this afternoon.

LB2

Wow. That sucks.

LB2

muppy

That's terrible, hoping for the best for Jack!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Holy shit, Sue.  Your poor baby.    Fingers crossed for Jack.  Bella sends kisses.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Oh my ...poor Jack...and you guys.  That is terrible.  I do imagine she probably felt terrible about it.  Yes, saying a prayer for Jack.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Poor Jack, but at least the vet told you the truth. I hope everything will work right again and he will get back to being himself again. This must be hard on you, too. Try to be strong for him.

You all are included in our prayers.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Damn, I got sympathy pains in my gut and dare I say, balls just reading your message.  I hope that Jack heals up. I'll think of the poor guy during my run tomorrow morning.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Yes, it does! Hang in there Sue and Mike. Good luck Jack. We're pulling for you.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Wow !!!!! That's sad. Poor Jack.

some call me Tim

Oh my God! That is one person who should not be anywhere near a surgery!

I hope Jack pulls through - poor guy!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Poor Jack! Hope he's okay to come home today.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NHLA

So sorry. I was worried this might go wrong.  We had a horse with a high ball.

The vet almost killed him. We had to take him to LSU where they had to go in from his back to get the nut.

You just don't know where the ball is. You just can't keep reaching deeper to try to find it or you will kill the animal.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hi guys... We brought Jack home Saturday...he is his normal self.  He is dribbling urine but hoeoefully that may decrease as he gets use to pering on his own again.  The bladder should stretch back to almost normal size.  We are amazed at how this has ended!!!  The second surgery was done at UCDavis which is a very good vet school.  The staff was excited that they were so successful.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

That is great news Sue.. so very worried when I read this the other day. I was too horrified/sad to respond.

In dog beers, I've only had one.