Trailer Trash

Almost Summer Saturdailies (Read 24 times)

Morning all! Heading out shortly for a 29+ mile loop around Blue Marsh Lake, last big run before Laurel Highlands. Lucky to have some amazing weather today, but that may not help me if race day is hot and humid. Oh well.

QOTD: How long is your taper for ultras?  I like 3 weeks for marathon distance or longer. I know some people think that is too long but as a lower mileage runner I like it.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'll probably keep my run to 8-10 miles today being in taper mode already.

QOTD: About 2 weeks is my maximum taper regardless of race distance. If I ran higher mileage or more 20+ mile training runs, I might consider longer, but I really don't need more than two weeks to be fresh for a race.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Taking the day offf...running long with the group tomorrow.  Also going to the trail running film festival tomorrow.

qOTD:  my taper is two weeks but than my furthest run has been a 50k.   When ran road marathons I would follow a training plan and they usually had a 3 weeek taper.  But I actually do not "train" anymore just run.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Looks like it's going to be a nice day here. Yesterday was brutal at work then by midnight things quieted down and there were no more calls. Ended up getting in a good nights sleep so no need to take a nap now. Unfortunately the yard is yelling that it needs to be mowed, so I'll do that then head out for a long ride on the bike. Hope to have enough time to get in about 40 miles.

QOTD:  Taper?? What is this taper you speak of?  I never seem to get in enough training miles that I really require a taper. At the most I'll cut back the distance and intensity 2-3 days before a race. Anything longer then that is more a result of not having the time to run rather than actually planning a taper.  I always try to have a gentle run the day before the event.  Of course it's worth noting that my longest ultras have been 50k.

muppy

Got in 5.2 trail miles last night.

It is a perfect day in good old Pennsylvania, 70°, light wind and low humidity!

Trails, enjoy that lap around blue marsh!

QOTD I usually go with about two weeks.

runtraildc

Got about 4 in this am with the running group.  Still slow, but the glute/hamstring ache was better today.  Perfect running weather here-- 60s, sunny and not so humid.

qotd:  I don't taper (not serious about racing, not going far enough, and I'm sure I could come up with a few more excuses).

Have a good day, trailers!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Gorgeous day here, too, and I'm planning on a quick run later. Just got off work, and lunch has to settle first.

QOTD: Usually 2-3 weeks, both works well for me. I don't follow training plans, I just run.

Run for fun.

dpc3

Got in a nice 6 miles with devil dog then a 2 mile hike with the kids up in Embudo canyon. All the rain has transformed the desert and associated mountains into lush landscapes.

QOTD: I'll do a week or 2 taper but that's about it If I'm training on a regular basis.

Occasional Runner

22 miles in the Wasatch with 10,000' gain. Rainy all day, but comfortable with the right gear. My trail pup overdid it a bit because she needs to learn to pace herself.

QOTD: I don't think I understand the question.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's overcast and cool today so went for the long run 22 miles.  Tommorrow is going to be 12 degrees warmer and sunny..wanted to free up Sunday so I can do beers and the river.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

Just 3 today... cracked heel callus has me loping along like I dunno what so I cut it short.

lace_up, great to see you!

qotd: I've gone back and forth between 2 and 3, but the extra week never seems to make a difference. in any case, all I do is cut mileage and run all tempos