Trailer Trash

Fridaily! (Read 32 times)

Occasional Runner

Happy Friday People!

I'm heading into the mountains right now for a leisurely trail run with some nasty hills. I'll do 8 or 9 miles. A big storm is rolling in tonight, so I need to enjoy this while I can.

Random Fact of The Day: Russia didn't consider beer an alcoholic beverage until 2011. Before then, any drink under 10% volume was considered a soft drink.

QOTD: Where the hell is flight 370?

I don't think it's anywhere near where they've been looking. I can't fathom not finding ANY floating debris from the wreckage. Not a single piece. It's definitely in the ocean, but not where they claim it is.

LB2

I ran a nice 10 miles yesterday after work. That was the longest run in 6 weeks. I took six weeks and reduced my running mileage and increased my hiking. I think it was a positive thing for my running, mentally and physically. I may run late today, but I am scheduled for a rest. We will see.

QOTD: I have no idea where that plane could be.

LB2

It was another beautiful morning for our 4 mile trail run.

QOTD: I have no idea

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

Looks like we are finally seeing a little spring, I don't know my flowers too well but I saw

some purple stuff this morning and buds on the trees. Had a great 5.5 run, could've stayed

out another few hours if it weren't for this pesky work thing.

QOTD: After 20 years in nautical search and rescue I think people would be surprised how

difficult it is to actually find debris on the ocean. Even when rescuers have a good idea where

to search and conditions are favorable chances are slim. Although my experience is with fishing

vessels sinking, I can't imagine a fully-loaded airplane wouldn't leave some trace.

Sandy-2

I'll do 5 or 6 this afternoon in the heat.

If you are looking for a distraction at work today you can follow the UTMF here...    https://twitter.com/iRunFar

qotd:  No way of knowing, but I think they will eventually find it near where they are currently looking.  That area is really remote and has some of the harshest wave conditions.  Plus it is late fall down there so conditions will deteriorate as they get into winter.  Agree with what jonferg67 said.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Birdwell

Morning folks!

I got out for a little over 3 last night. I'm going to try to get out again today at some point.

I see a lot of 3-4 mile runs around my block in the near future.

Mom and baby are home from the hospital and doing fine. The girls love their new brother.

QOTD: no clue.

Low_O2

Not happy I missed my run yesterday. Nicest day all week and I was scrambling around reworking a tile floor that I broke down and paid someone to do for me. I usually do that type of thing myself, but since we need to get things finished up quickly to get our house on the market I decided to pay my neighbor(who is a handyman) to do it for me. After he left for the day I noticed some very questionable work, even though it is taking way longer than he said it would. I was able to pull up a few tiles that weren't set up yet, cut new ones and get them put in so he can grout today. I am kind of a perfectionist, so it may have been fine for most people put that crap drives me nuts! If it wasn't my neighbor I would have made him fix it, but I am too nice to complain. I am once again reminded that if you want something done right you do it yourself....

Sorry for non running related vent, but I'm kinda worked up about it.

Hoping to get out for some good trail miles this weekend, I need some stress relief.

QOTD: I'm pretty sure it is laying at the bottom of the ocean somewhere and will be found randomly some day. But there is a slight thought in my mind that it's possible there is more to it than a crash, maybe highjacked and stolen or something like that. Just seems strange that there has been no debris found. A jet smashing into the ocean must leave a ton of stuff floating around.

Gator eye

After Thursday's USRD I felt pretty good this morning after I stretched everything out so I made the same mistake I always make, I headed out for a run. One mile in I was feeling tight, after another 1/2 I started feeling a little pain. I stopped, turned around and walked home.

I knew I needed another day off but tried to push it, lucky for me it doesn't feel like I ve done anymore damage.

You just can't fix stupid.

QOTD: Wouldn't surprise me if someday they find it in a totally different area. It'll make for some interesting movies in a few years.

Chnaiur

Yesterday, I hit my main training goal for the year: deadlift 2x bodyweight within a week of a 50k.

Today, 5 easy miles.

QOTD: I have no idea, and we'll know when we know.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Plan was to run but it's raining...I know I am a wimp.

QOTD:  Aliens, so obvious!

CO2:  I heard that same rant last night from the old man.  He even added the guys so nice I couldn't really tell him how bad he sucked.  You anal folks just need to do it yourself. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

After Thursday's USRD I felt pretty good this morning after I stretched everything out so I made the same mistake I always make, I headed out for a run. One mile in I was feeling tight, after another 1/2 I started feeling a little pain. I stopped, turned around and walked home.

I knew I needed another day off but tried to push it, lucky for me it doesn't feel like I ve done anymore damage.

My name is Jon and I'm a runner.

You are not alone, I just did the same damn thing and prolonged what should have been a week rest into 3 weeks of no running.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hate to say I told you so BUT "I told you so!"  Why don't you guys listen to me?!?

My name is Jon and I'm a runner.

You are not alone, I just did the same damn thing and prolonged what should have been a week rest into 3 weeks of no running.

QOTD: What plane?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

Five or six hilly miles after work, it's the girlfriend's birthday so we got an exciting weekend planned!

QOTD I really hope they do find the plane somewhere, I feel bad for the families of the people on the plane not knowing . The first thing I thought was that somebody hijacked the plane is going to pack it full of explosives are a dirty nuclear bomb.

Daydreamer1

SRD. Partly because I'm at work until 8 tonight, partly because I have a 50k tomorrow.

QOTD: I don't know if it's where they are looking for it or not, but I have a feeling the U.S. has a pretty good idea where it's at. From what I understand we can track any missle launch that is launched from anywhere in the world and pick it up within seconds after lift off. I think the Military knows but feels that it's not in our best interests to tell.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hate to say I told you so BUT "I told you so!"  Why don't you guys listen to me?!?

I acquired selective hearing as a teenager, fine-tuned it upon getting married, and now it is highly developed.