Trailer Trash

SpeedGoat 50k RR- TONS of Great Pictures (Read 58 times)

Occasional Runner

I gladly stepped off the course early on this one. My legs felt terrible from the very first step and there was no way that was going to get any better. It's the first time I ever quit a race that I could have finished, but there are bigger fish to fry very soon. It was a very easy decision.

I had a blast watching this great race unfold. It was very competitive and the win wasn't assured until the very last minute.

You can check it out here...

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/07/2013-speedgoat-50k-best-race-i-never.html

Thanks!

Watoni

Great report!

ceezy

Thanks....sorry about the dnf but thanks for the RR, I would love to try this thing.  Just looks like an amazing race.

Fantastic race yesterday though- Sage seems legit and it was great to see Anton have a great race and was coming on strong.

And both breaking the Course Record...Women's fell as well.  WOW

PBR isnt' my fave though, can manage a couple but then they start ruining my stomach.

Occasional Runner

Thanks....sorry about the dnf but thanks for the RR, I would love to try this thing.  Just looks like an amazing race.

Fantastic race yesterday though- Sage seems legit and it was great to see Anton have a great race and was coming on strong.

And both breaking the Course Record...Women's fell as well.  WOW

PBR isnt' my fave though, can manage a couple but then they start ruining my stomach.

Yeah, Sage is the real deal. He's been doing some great things and I expect to see more of that for a while.

PBR is my trail running beer. It might be a Utah thing. It's not exclusive, but very prevalent.

Will run for scenery.

I've never had to call a DNF, but it sounds like you made a wise decision.  The trails of Wisconson don't allow for any compromise.

Still, I've read about SpeedGoat and (if it weren't for the friggin' distance and difficulty) I'd love to try it in one of my pipe dreams.  It really is beautiful.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

That's funny.  Good stuff.

ultraendure.blogspot.com

Low_O2

It was great to meeting you Kelly. Bummer the legs weren't ready to play, but probably a smart choice to bail. I'm sure it will pay off in your upcoming races That course is brutal when the legs are feeling "good". Great pictures and report, I was slightly jealous of those who were able to follow the action up front since I figured it was going to be exciting.

Occasional Runner

It was great to meeting you Kelly. Bummer the legs weren't ready to play, but probably a smart choice to bail. I'm sure it will pay off in your upcoming races That course is brutal when the legs are feeling "good". Great pictures and report, I was slightly jealous of those who were able to follow the action up front since I figured it was going to be exciting.

Congrats again on a really solid run.

I have 3 big mountain races over the next 3 weeks, so watching SpeedGoat unfold while getting steady updates from Bryon Powell was a pretty good way to spend the day.

Messenjah

Even with a DNF, you still got to run in a great race. Don't know if you saw this or not

http://media.derricklytle.com/Events/Running/Speedgoat-50k-2013/30775036_TcTjLQ#!i=2661010360&k=tRFSVw4

LB2

• I agree that you made a good decision. Focus on doing well at Leadville.
                      • I also agree that PBR is underrated. If you are going to drink an adjunct lager, I don't know if a better one can be found.
                      • I had a day with my girls on Saturday; they painted my toenails green. Then, I threatened my wife that I would wear sandals to church.

Nice report. I am glad to see TK doing well. But I see he is not in the Leadville race... I wonder what he has coming up next??? Any idea?

LB2

Occasional Runner

• I agree that you made a good decision. Focus on doing well at Leadville.
                        • I also agree that PBR is underrated. If you are going to drink an adjunct lager, I don't know if a better one can be found.
                        • I had a day with my girls on Saturday; they painted my toenails green. Then, I threatened my wife that I would wear sandals to church.

Nice report. I am glad to see TK doing well. But I see he is not in the Leadville race... I wonder what he has coming up next??? Any idea?

We talked about that. He decided to go to Europe for UTMB because he thinks it'll be a year with decent enough weather to avoid last minute course changes.

Messenjah

There is another advantage for "making an early exit". You got to chat with all of the other elites Smile

We talked about that. He decided to go to Europe for UTMB because he thinks it'll be a year with decent enough weather to avoid last minute course changes.

Great photos! Loved the report even though you DNF'ed.

Occasional Runner

There is another advantage for "making an early exit". You got to chat with all of the other elites Smile

It was a good time. I hadn't spent any time with Timothy Olson in the past but I already knew all the other guys.

When I quit at the top of Hidden Peak, I had a 3 mile downhill run to the finish line and I was in a hurry to get there so I would have time to change, get a beer and watch the winner finish. Being me, I got lost on the way down and added a couple of miles. I probably logged my fastest miles of the day after I DNF'd so I wouldn't miss the winner.

Will run for scenery.

Did he say anything about Pike's Peak Marathon on Aug 18 ?

He's listed as one of the competitive bio entrants.  I thought it would be cool to run in the same race as him.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!