Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 40 times)

ElfRunner25

Wannabe Ultrarunner

Happy Tuesday! It's my (lazy) Saturday. Have bike repairs, grocery trip, and cleaning on tap for the day, plus a run and maybe a trip to the gym. Haven't gotten much above my minimum 15 min per day for the last week and a half. Lots of excuses like "too tired from work" but mostly just not getting the miles in when I'm focused on other crap. Ended up at work 12 days in a row and that just sucked up any mental energy I had for running.

Hoping to head out of town to hit up a new trail for a long run tomorrow, but haven't decided where yet.

QOTD: My All-Parks pass is good for another 4 months--I should get out there and hit up some new spots!

Olympic

Rainier

Mt St Helens

Yellowstone

Grand Teton

Great Basin (had never heard of it til I went there... LOVE IT.)

Yosemite

Zion

Bryce

Grand Canyon

Rocky Mountain

...there might be more that I can't think of off the top of my head...

Race schedule: a 50k. Sometime. This year. Maybe a 5k too. Maybe races in between as well. 

Hi all. Just took 2 rest days in a row. Just because.

Today I hope to get 4-5 in run commuting from work to home and to volleyball.

QOTD: Uhhhh not many (maybe zero?)  I've been to a bazillion state parks though. 

Ultra Cowboy

Thanks to this thread, I just started looking at a Mount Whitney hike.  That will add Kings Cyn. to the list...

WYBMADIITY

Save

Watoni

After a short evening run yesterday (but a good one), I am hoping to test the Rapa Nui 2s on some slightly steeper and more technical terrain.

QOTD: Yosemite or Zion. State parks would have to be Mt. Tam and Point Reyes.

AT-runner

Tim

Squeezed in a few miles on the treadmill today before I drove down to DC to help my BIL install a washer and dryer and move some plumbing.  He had a quote for $2000 to move 4 different supply lines and relocate a drain line.  I cost $80 in parts and some of our time.  Boy I don't miss DC area prices.

QOTD:  Not as many I as I wish but DW and I have a dream of taking a cross the country trip while visiting many parks along the way..

I live right next to Gettysburg National Military Park and visit Assateague Island NP several times per year.  My favorite (so far) is Yosemite where we camped at White Wolf campground and woke up to 4" of snow on July 11th. 2 hours later we were sunbathing along the Merced River.  Being from the east coast we thought that was one of the coolest things ever.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Ultra Cowboy

After a short evening run yesterday (but a good one), I am hoping to test the Rapa Nui 2s on some slightly steeper and more technical terrain.

QOTD: Yosemite or Zion. State parks would have to be Mt. Tam and Point Reyes.

Point Reyes is a National seashore

WYBMADIITY

Save

Watoni

Point Reyes is a National seashore

True. We always camp in Samuel P. Taylor, which is a state park, then hike through Pt. Reyes or kayak on Tomales Bay, etc. so I always think of the state aspect.

NorthernHarrier

I believe National Seashores, Lakeshores, and most National Monuments are administered by the National Park Service. The lines do become blurred at some places. Pictured Rocks is considered a National Lakeshore but most people just call it a National Park. Administered by the park service so I guess it may be semantics.  Probably need a Presidential decree to make it an official park.

I know that wasn't your point Rocky but I thought I would mention this anyway.