Trailer Trash

The good, the bad, the ugly – Fridaily (Read 19 times)

Sandy-2

First the bad: unfortunately due to my impending transfer in early September I’m not going to be able to do the UTMF 100 miler (Sept 23). Bummer.

Now the good: Instead I’m considering doing either The Bear (also Sept 23) or Grindstone (Oct 7). While they both look great, I’m leaning toward Grindstone because I’ll get two extra weeks of training, not to mention the whole “move half way around the world” thing.  Anyone have any input or inside scoop on either of these I should know about?

The ugly: no matter what, this is gonna be ugly.

Anyway, this morning I managed to get up early and did 5+ miles on the single track.  It was a great run.  Needless to say I think I’ll be doing some “stress-relieving runs” over the next month or so, today was the first.  Oh yeah an interesting sight, at 5:15am while I was running to the trailhead I saw a Western guy stumbling and staggering along the sidewalk, he was blind drunk.  Gotta love all-night bars.

qotd: Any interesting sights while running lately?  (See above.)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Gator eye

Come on Sandy man up, do bothπŸ‘

Got up and at em for 15 this morning. I love having Friday's off.

QOTD: Nothing comes to mind

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy - sorry about  UTMF.  Come on over to Utah for the Trailfest in October. Otherwise, Grindstone.  The two extra weeks will be needed after the move.

Taking a SRD.  Going to be really hot this weekend, so early long run tomorrow. Supposed to meet some friends on Rail Trail and do a time thing where you turn around at 2 hours so everyone finishes around the same time.  We'll see how it goes.

Good luck to racers and pacers this weekend. Jamie, Dd1, Queen, Keystone.  Who else?

QOTD:  Nothing too unusual.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Hey sport fans... a whopping slow 5 miles for the Lady and I out on the trails of Coventry Woods last night. No pain from the bursitis thing but I just felt slow and had a lack of energy. It's been sort of a crazy week. Similar plans for this evening.

QOTD: Nothing recent comes to mind. Funniest thing I can recall though is many years ago we were running the Mason Dixon Trail, a particulary nasty stretch between Otter Creek and Shank's Mare and came upon a couple out walking their pet goat.

Sandy2 - Wow, move back to the US and plan a 100 miler. You are a brave man! I think you will need all the extra time you can get. Evening night start at Grindstone.. that is sort of interesting.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

I was hoping for a easy night at work so I could catch a good long nap. Didn't happen so now I'm tired. Might lay down for a few minutes. Just enough that I have the energy to get somethings done this afternoon. I want to be really tired at 9-10 tonight so I can fall asleep and be rested for tomorrow. Planning on getting out for 4-5 very easy miles this afternoon. Just enough to keep the legs loose.  DS wants to go MTB shopping tonight and asked if I want to go along. I probably will.

Keystone is also racing this weekend. I plan on chatting with him every time he laps me .

QOTD: Quite a bit of used Skyn lying around some of the parking areas up on the mountain .  Someone donated a nicely used couch for the deer and the bear to use when they decide to just lounge around. I'm sure that was the purpose behind it .  Otherwise haven't been seeing anything out of the ordinary. Probably because I'm not going far enough afield.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: Quite a bit of used Skyn lying around some of the parking areas up on the mountain .  Someone donated a nicely used couch for the deer and the bear to use when they decide to just lounge around. I'm sure that was the purpose behind it .  Otherwise haven't been seeing anything out of the ordinary. Probably because I'm not going far enough afield.

A few years ago there was a spot deep in the woods on a MTB trail that had a whole living room set up as a joke. Rug, couch, chair, table and and old TV with rabbit ears. Was there for a few months. Some bikers still call it the TV trail.

Stay cool tomorrow. Ice in the hat and in your new bandanna. Take what the day gives you, etc.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD for me today. Have a great run planned for tomorrow with the local running group- we're doing a traverse of the Crazy Mountains, about 25 miles. Not much for loop opportunities (unless you're willing to climb/scramble which can get very dicey- ask me how I know  Wink, so we're going in two groups and will pass keys roughly have way in. This will be my first venture into the Crazies this year, very looking forward to it.

qotd: I saw a guy yesterday run on the trails with a headlamp; we both looked a little shocked as we passed each other. I think it's the only time I've seen anyone running the trails in the dark.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

7.8 miles yesterday. I ran to work today so hopefully it's not too hot when I run home.

Good luck Daydreamer, Keystone and any other racers!

QOTD  last week I saw a lady walking her cat while I was running, the next day I saw what I thought was a cat in the front yard but it was a skunk, he looked like I spooked him and had his trail straight up in the air. I believe I ran a 4:00 mile away from him.

NHLA

6 miles. Its hot. Got to start early tom.

qotd  I was running to the top of Jump Off at night. Had on headlamp, refletive vest, and red flashing lights front and rear.

Got to the top looked up and a couple was making woopie on the rock. Don't know how they didn't see me, must have been distracted.

Also ran up on a couple in Pisgua having a nooner on the trail. Must be something in the water.

LB2

I did nothing but rest over the weekend. I did cut grass, but I did not run.

Sandy: I don't know much about Grindstone other than it is in Virginia and supposed to be a pretty tough course. I'm glad you are coming back.

LB2