Trailer Trash

Windy Weekend (Read 18 times)

Ran 5 miles on thee paved biker-hiker trail, with the last mile thru the neighborhood to the mall, where I needed to run into a store.  Errand run, though I took the scenic route. Tripped on the sidewalk by the store and did the slo-mo stumble. Will I hit the concrete or manager to stay upright? Core saved me in the end, which was good as the way it looked, could have ended up with a broken wrist. Concrete is not forgiving.

Gatsby-- about the cascadias replacement-- I think it's the saucony peregrines. I've been eyeing them as my next pair, and Queen gave them a thumbs up.

Have a good sunday, folks!

Thanks for the tip about the Saucony Peregrines.  I'll check them out.  Nice recovery, BTW.  Sometimes wildly windmilling my arms saves me, sometimes not.

4 easy trail miles today to shake out the legs from yesterday.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Daydreamer1

Long night at work, came home so exhausted I could barely stay awake driving .   3/4 of the way done with this marathon of shifts. Nice day here but I'm too tired out to run. Might be able to get up the energy to go out later but by that time I need to be back to the slave galley, so this is looking like a rest day for me.

Welcome back to the party Gatsby!!!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I like them...comfy like the old Cascadias.

Thanks for the tip about the Saucony Peregrines.  I'll check them out.  Nice recovery, BTW.  Sometimes wildly windmilling my arms saves me, sometimes not.

4 easy trail miles today to shake out the legs from yesterday.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran long... That's all I am saying Jamie!!!  Ran with the group.  We ran a point to point with dropping cars at various points so folks could do different distance.  At the 12 mike stop we waited for a couple who needed to dicuss something with a woman that lead to a fight..hour later we are back on the trail again.  I would have keep going but most wanted to wait to hear the dirt.  The woman is someone who has succeeded in pissing everyone off at some point.  When she pissed me off I flipped her off behind her back and moved on...i'm tough like that! 🖕

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

12 miles in DuPont Forest. Ya'll would like these trails. Not very hard so you can run.

I like the new Cascadias OK. I don't need a real heavy shoe for most trails. I wouldn't call them a real trail shoe like the old ones though.

Upper garden  Mt. Vernon

NHLA

upper garden Mt. Vernon

Sandy-2

Did 6 mi on Saturday and then a SRD on Sunday.  I just felt like taking a day off and slept in.  I may sign up for the local road marathon in January to give me something to shoot for.

Didn't clean the garage as planned as the DW had all sorts of other stuff on her list of 'things to do'.

qotd:  yes a long long time ago - Nike.  They kept changing their shoe designs based on 'fashion' and I was having to find new styles every other year.  The Asics I've been running in ever since have be far more reliable as far as consistent fit / feel is concerned.

tbd.