Trailer Trash

Thundering Thursday (Read 28 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Happy Birthday Queen, and happy birthday DD1's DS, too!

Queen: You still look good, making the dogs look like just decoration.

No run so far. I have to get over some emotional traumas of the week. Traumas #1-4 happened at work two days ago, and #5 (almost) happened today - can't believe how I lucked out of that one.

Here's the story: My car needed to get an oil change & else, and my plan was to drop off the car before work today, shortly before 5 a.m., and walk the 2 miles to work. No significant crime ever happens in our little town, and walking anywhere at any hour, day or night, is usually perfectly safe. Then DH offered to pick up my car at work and drop it off at the dealership, then get a ride to work himself by the dealer's shuttle, and that's what we did.

I learned later this morning that there had been an armed robbery at the Waffle Shop right next to the car dealer at 5 a.m. this morning, directly on the path where I would have been then walking to work. 

The robbers had been lurking in front of the store, then got in and tied up the manager at gunpoint, before taking off with some money.

I am a bit shaken at the thought of me being right in the middle of that one... glad I had changed my plan!

QOTD: Well, certainly not through an armed robbery... 

Maybe a stroke, brain hemmorage, aneurysm (runs in my family), or sudden heart failure. Does not matter when or where, if only it's not too painful and grueling.

What I could not deal with would be having to die at the hands of someone who wanted me dead - death penalty, or someone killing me. I would not want having to suffer and knowing they'd only stop when I'd be dead.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Happy Birthday Queen, and happy birthday DD1's DS, too!

Queen: You still look good, making the dogs look like just decoration.

No run so far. I have to get over some emotional traumas of the week. Traumas #1-4 happened at work two days ago, and #5 (almost) happened today - can't believe how I lucked out of that one.

Here's the story: My car needed to get an oil change & else, and my plan was to drop off the car before work today, shortly before 5 a.m., and walk the 2 miles to work. No significant crime ever happens in our little town, and walking anywhere at any hour, day or night, is usually perfectly safe. Then DH offered to pick up my car at work and drop it off at the dealership, then get a ride to work himself by the dealer's shuttle, and that's what we did.

I learned later this morning that there had been an armed robbery at the Waffle Shop right next to the car dealer at 5 a.m. this morning, directly on the path where I would have been then walking to work. 

The robbers had been lurking in front of the store, then got in and tied up the manager at gunpoint, before taking off with some money.

I am a bit shaken at the thought of me being right in the middle of that one... glad I had changed my plan!

QOTD: Well, certainly not through an armed robbery... 

Maybe a stroke, brain hemmorage, aneurysm (runs in my family), or sudden heart failure. Does not matter when or where, if only it's not too painful and grueling.

What I could not deal with would be having to die at the hands of someone who wanted me dead - death penalty, or someone killing me. I would not want having to suffer and knowing they'd only stop when I'd be dead.

Oh snap! Close call.  Sounds like someone was looking out for you!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Happy Birthday Queen!