Trailer Trash

review of the Osprey Rev 1.5 (Read 59 times)

Occasional Runner

Mandy, I think you need to adjust the pack if it's riding too low. It's specifically designed to allow the bladder to ride between your shoulder blades. There's a ton of adjustability in the pack, so I would encourage you to experiment with it.

If you have the bladder inserted like mtwarden shows in his picture, the bladder doesn't budge.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy, I think you need to adjust the pack if it's riding too low. It's specifically designed to allow the bladder to ride between your shoulder blades. There's a ton of adjustability in the pack, so I would encourage you to experiment with it.

If you have the bladder inserted like mtwarden shows in his picture, the bladder doesn't budge.

Maybe I need the smaller size, cause I am maxed out on adjustability with the side straps.

Running is dumb.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Thanks for the reviews, MT and MM, and the design help Lace.

I think I'm becoming more convinced about this pack. I was concerned that the 1.5L

bladder wouldn't cut it for longer, summer, (humid) runs. But the water bottle holder

options solve that, and I could still hand-carry another bottle if I really needed to. I'm so

sick of the crappy bladder from Nathans, it's time for an upgrade. The price can't be

beat either!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Okay, I ordered the small/medium.  I imagine that will fit better, provided the straps close across my boobs.    I'll just swap the new bladder into the medium/large and return that.

Jon, be aware that only the Rev 6 has the bottle holders, not the 1.5.  They're running out fast on Running Warehouse!

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Alrighty.  So I got the small/medium and swapped bladders so the new bladder was in the medium/large and returned that.  The S/M definitely fits higher on my pack and the chest straps seem the same, so it fits me much better now.  I still can't get the bladder not to bounce around on my back though, so I tied it to that gray loop thing.  That took care of that problem.

My other beef with the bladder: I cannot eliminate the slosh.  Normally I am able to flip the pack upside down and suck out all the air and this eliminates the horribly annoying sloshing noise, but for some reason that doesn't work with this bladder.  Tips?  Or are you all just dealing with the noise?

I ended up taking the bladder out of the pack and putting in one of my Camelbak bladders.  Then I swapped out the Osprey mouthpiece to the Camelbak bladder, so I can still use the magnet thingy, which is nice.  I can get my Camelbak bladder to be virtually noiseless.  That means I don't have the quick release feature anymore, but I'm not racing so whatever.  The Camelbak is also 2L instead of 1.5.  So with some tweaks, I am making the pack perfect for me.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mandy- I'll pay more attention tomorrow, but not recalling much sloshing w/ mine- maybe I'm going deaf Big grin

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

I just bought the Rev 6. O tan a 20 miler with it today. I wanted a little note volume because I take a bunch of ctap with me on long runs.

It is easy to use and very comfortable. I like

the size and I love the magnet.

My shoulders were a little bruised when I got done, but this is the first backpack style I've used. I do feel the bladder sloshed too much.

The storage capacity and the magnet really makes it perfect for my needs.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy- I'll pay more attention tomorrow, but not recalling much sloshing w/ mine- maybe I'm going deaf Big grin

Mike

Alrighty, I will await to see what you hear.  And if his holiness checks in, maybe he can shed some light on it as well, but maybe I just need a crew person like Jo. 

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mandy- I ran 20 miles today (well 19 Smile) and noticed a little bit of sloshing, but not much.  I do have several items in the compartment that holds the bladder (emergency blanket, beanie, gloves, buff, a few extra bars)- is it possible these items are reducing sloshing in my pack???

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Thanks, Mike!  I don't think that's it.  It's definitely the bladder itself and not the other issue I was having with it bouncing around.  I wonder if it's the baffles.  Or maybe I'm just being too sensitive.  But at the moment I am happy with my Camelbak rigged up with the magnetic mouthpiece.

Running is dumb.