Trailer Trash

Manic Monday (Read 21 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am feeling pressure with way too much to do! Why is my job getting busier? And I don't feel like doing anything!!!

Oh - running, um, I guess I will run something tonight.  Distance tbd.  I have two b-ball practices tonight so not much time.  I did get good news though.  I am on to the next part of my dissertation.  I can actually work on my study - recruiting participants and what not... 

QOTD: Do you cook turkey for thanksgiving? Any special things you do to it? If not turkey, what do you make?

Looking for ideas. 

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

Congratulations Jamie on the dissertation!

6 trail miles last night.

I was on my trails at work yesterday when 2 people with 4 full size poodles running around with no leashes came by and one bite me on the butt. I called security on my walkie talkie and told them to wait and they ran away.  It was really rather funny in a sad way.

QOTD We have the dinner for both sides of the family but my mom makes the turkey and brings it.  There is a BBQ  place down the road smoked turkeys for you for Thanksgiving, I think that would be the best turkey ever!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I did a run/walk yesterday with mild success.  I'll take it for now.

QOTD: I do not eat meat and will not cook meat for others.  But there's always a turkey at our Thanksgiving because someone else always makes one.  I'm in charge of the pumpkin pie and cookies.

Not really Thanksgiving related, but I just made a fantastic squash soup over the weekend.  (And Sandy never showed up to eat any!)  Recipe here:  https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015484-coconut-butternut-squash-soup

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

Manic Monday is right!!  We’ve had a few layoffs over this year and we “old times” are busy as hell since we are basically the “memory” of the company. I’ve been going bananas lately.

Today’s a SRD for me.

LB2: from yesterday, I hear you about the longer overnight stuff. I’m the only one in our little running group still doing the overnighter stuff.  Hard to keep it going.

Jamie:  Yay!!!, I figured your dissertation is on the same pace as my RRs.

I was on my trails at work yesterday when 2 people with 4 full size poodles running around with no leashes came by and one bite me on the butt. I called security on my walkie talkie and told them to wait and they ran away.  It was really rather funny in a sad way.

Muppy: the ultimate “thankless task”.  Sorry.

Mandy: Darn I forgot about the soup and cookies party, was too busy installing two sinks in our guest bathroom (and avoiding having to watch the Texans bomb again, they really should sign Kaep).

qotd: DW does the traditional turkey and slow cook - lots of basting thing. Always great!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'm back to the salt mine today- joy

elk 1 mtwarden 0  not for lack of trying; the deep snow put a different twist on things- took much longer to cover country and took a much bigger toll on me

I still have two weekends left, so not giving up quite yet

I took the weekend off from elk hunting and did a get a good 12 mile run in with the local running group, hadn't run with them in several months. Was pleasantly surprised that my running hadn't suffered too much with most of miles coming from hiking

probably 4-ish this evening

qotd: oh most definitely turkey   wife is on a semi paleo diet so will probably look a little different this year

Mandy- my wife has been making some squash soups, all have been very good

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run today although I had planned on running..  Gym at lunch.  Really enjoyed my 10 miker yesterday.  It was flat and how nice to run 10 miles in less than 2 hours.

Qotd:  We do a turkey, may be going to the beach.  We cook it on the grill.  Don't tell Mandy...I was suppose to give up birds this year. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work.  Feeling like a stuffed pig, gotta get out and do some laps around the station.  Obviously no running today.

Jamie and Sandy - Glad I'm not suffering alone in my work misery . Understaffed with incompetent management is the order of the day here. Oh yea, the newer idiots they are hiring................................... .

Muppy - I'm assuming those turkeys are just smoked but not already cooked. If so who does that. I might be interested in one.

Warden - Don't feel bad. The whitetails made fun of me all last week.

QOTD: Either a turkey or a ham.  I think this year we will do a turkey sometime around thanksgiving.  DW, DD and I all work so DS is on his own.  I prefer turkey, mostly for the sandwich, DW prefers ham so that's what she'll get for Christmas.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

big smile in this one 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I ran an easy 4 this morning at 4AM. Everything felt good. I only got about 17 miles or so last week, which was fine. I needed to recover a little bit from my outing last weekend. I went ahead and signed up for another race on 12/16. I decided to do the 40 mile version for several reasons:

1. I just don't want to run through the night.

2. I really need to feel a connection to a race or a course to put in the time and effort to run 100 miles. I don't have that right now.

3. I have a bunch of stuff going on the next day with Christmas.

4. I have never run a 40 mile race.

5. I want to deer hunt this year instead of run.

QOTD: I am more of an Easter turkey cooker because I normally kill a wild one just before Easter. Although, they pushed the season back for 2018, so I won't have one down prior to Easter Sunday next year unless I go to Mississippi and get lucky on some super crowded public land. Normally, I fry the breasts, but I have baked them in the oven, too. I prefer fried. As for Thanksgiving, it is normally a store bought bird, and we usually bake it.

LB2

muppy

Muppy - I'm assuming those turkeys are just smoked but not already cooked. If so who does that. I might be interested in one.

Shakedown BBQ in Grantville, PA always does them, I do believe they are fully cooked on the smoker.  If you go on Facebook to their page they have more information on there.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today. Pans is to get back to 5 days running this week since I've been doing 4 now after coming back from my little knee problem.  Also hope to start adding some speed work back into the mix.

Jamie - can you use us as test subjects? We're all pretty messed up.

Muppy - WTF. What a pain in the ass. 

Mandy - Yay for run/walk.

QOTD:  Always turkey for turkey day. Go to my brother's house in Baltimore and they do the turkey, but DW gets a free one every year for spending too much money at the store. We go to Chinoteague from my brother's house and we'll cook our bird down there for sandwiches. Yummm.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Don't tell Mandy...I was suppose to give up birds this year. 

Sue!!  Why haven't you?

Warden...always upping the selfie game!

Running is dumb.