Trailer Trash

Wednesday...............I think (Read 23 times)

Drizzly day here, going out after work for around 6 miles.  Love the drizzly, foggy stuff but it makes it hard to see since I can't wear glasses.  Thinking about getting some contact lenses this year.

QOTD: we really don't get cold weather, at least not by most of your standards.  Just variations on mild... lows are rarely below 40s, highs are rarely above 70s.  50s is ideal for me.  I slow way down in warmer temps since I'm not used to it.

MadisonMandy, I appreciated your comments in the other thread about your role as moderator and helping us deal with bad stuff.  Thanks!  Although fortunately, there don't seem to be any bad apples here at the moment.  Although I have my suspicions about Tiny Elvis.

I want to contribute as suggested on another thread but I don't run much during the week , so really have nothing of value to contribute .

I am trying to decide about a race this weekend over in the Queen's neck of the woods , it's a 12 hour overnight in Auburn CA. I'll have to make up my mind today .

QOTD - It's been really nice here this winter and pretty much ideal conditions ( don't hate me , it was bad last year ) so no changes to speak of currently .

Hey, sort of a random question, but did you run Beaverhead last year?  And did you finish with my friend Lisa?  I was there too.  Apologies if I've got the wrong Valerie in NV.  I suppose it's possible there might be more than one...   Either way, hope you pop in from time to time!  I'm saying that as a former lurker who lurks a bit less now.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

moonlight- good luck, sounds miserable enough that I might like it 

4 miles with Tiny Elvis yesterday evening, lots of snow and more today

Hoping to get 3-4 miles in this evening

qotd: my times are slower in the winter, but mostly attributed to snow and ice- not sure how much (if any) would be temps

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

MadisonMandy, I appreciated your comments in the other thread about your role as moderator and helping us deal with bad stuff.  Thanks!  Although fortunately, there don't seem to be any bad apples here at the moment.  Although I have my suspicions about Tiny Elvis.

I've been to that house, and I KNOW that Tiny Elvis runs that place, and his human roommates, with an iron fist paw.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

I want to contribute as suggested on another thread but I don't run much during the week , so really have nothing of value to contribute .

Neither do we, but that doesn't stop us. 

Welcome back, stranger. Stop by more often.

NorthernHarrier

MadisonMandy, I appreciated your comments in the other thread about your role as moderator and helping us deal with bad stuff.  Thanks!  Although fortunately, there don't seem to be any bad apples here at the moment.  

ALERT---I'm still here.

In a funk today with maybe some more health issues. I'll elaborate some more when I know more. Just love the health care maze. So despite my plans to do my usual wed intense effort of speed/tempo I just came home to do some elliptical and weights.

QOTD-I never really time my specific runs in general, just going with the flow but my performances improve bigly in the cold. As long as I have traction the cooler weather is a score. Now that said, the below zero stuff just becomes a survival session.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

missed that Gatsby- good instincts, he is one to watched!   he obviously has Tim fooled which is one of the reasons he’s dangerous

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

In a funk today with maybe some more health issues. I'll elaborate some more when I know more.

Ah, shit.    I hope it doesn't turn into anything major.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Oh yes you are. And we could talk proper bird hunting, what is the best dog breed (springers, obviously), or beer, to try to distract you. I hope you get good news, and soon.

Hey, did you hear about kelly? (did that help?)

ALERT---I'm still here.

In a funk today with maybe some more health issues. I'll elaborate some more when I know more. Just love the health care maze. So despite my plans to do my usual wed intense effort of speed/tempo I just came home to do some elliptical and weights.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I should go for a run or at least hit the TM at the gym but just not feeling it.  Would it be cheating if I say I ran three miles today but actually ran zero but run an extra mile the next few days and than post my run minus a mile until I have made up the  3 mile lie.  You know just so I look consistent, which is a goal of mine this year?

QOTD:  DD it depends on the dogs how fast or slow I go and has nothing to do with weather.  If in a race, the rare time I am dogless I think the heat would slow me down.

I actually read Madison post and thought...shit do I need to learn to act properly on here too!! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I actually read Madison post and thought...shit do I need to learn to act properly on here too!! 

Only if you stop posting how many mikes you ran.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hi Val...nice to see you here.  Are you thinking of doing that 12 hour run around the track in Auburn!   have fun with that.  I may be down there Saturday rocking to zepperilla (all female led zeppelin cover band).  Maybe I can get there early and say hi to you.

I am trying to decide about a race this weekend over in the Queen's neck of the woods , it's a 12 hour overnight in Auburn CA. I'll have to make up my mind today .

QOTD - It's been really nice here this winter and pretty much ideal conditions ( don't hate me , it was bad last year ) so no changes to speak of currently .

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Oh yes you are. And we could talk proper bird hunting, what is the best dog breed (springers, obviously), or beer, to try to distract you. I hope you get good news, and soon.

Hey, did you hear about kelly? (did that help?)

You're awesome! 

AT-runner

Tim

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I never could figure out how to quote more than one post -

GatsbyBird - Yes ! I did Beaverhead and met Lisa . She added me to the group on FB - I don't comment much but do read it regularly .

Sue - Yes I entered the 12 hour overnight,  it doesn't start until 6:00pm come by if you are around .

LB2

ALERT---I'm still here.

QOTD-I never really time my specific runs in general, just going with the flow but my performances improve bigly in the cold. As long as I have traction the cooler weather is a score. Now that said, the below zero stuff just becomes a survival session.

Hahahaha. @ the  ALERT.

Hopefully, the health stuff will work out for the good.

LB2