Trailer Trash

snowshoeing saturdaily (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Getting my gear together for a 15-ish mile run/snowshoe in the Elkhorns, going to give my new pack (UD Fastpack 30) a go.  I'm a little reluctant to believe the weather man, says it's supposed to get into the low 50's, it's currently 11 

qotd: anyone you're routing for in the NCAA tourney?  I'm rooting for the Cuse, they beat Dayton and now instead of facing #2 seeded Michigan State, they face a very scrappy middle Tennessee

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Beat the rain this morning and got in a little over 6 with the running group.  Temps are about 30 degrees cooler than a few days ago, so it felt quite chilly at first, but was actually perfect running weather (mid 40s with an occasional drizzle).    And the predicted storm seems to be skirting us and heading north.  No complaints here.

qotd:  No, and that is probably to no one's surprise here.  Good luck to everyone's favorites.  Once we get to the Olympics, I'll definitely be getting in my tv time.

muppy

5.2 miles on the rail trail.

QOTD I don't watch it too much until the final 4, then I'll pick a team to pull for.

Daydreamer1

Should be out doing a long run instead I'm doing things around the house. Yesterday our water heater started leaking.  About a year ago I had replaced a 30+ year old one with one that I had sitting around that was "only"  23 years old. Thought it was in good shape but yesterday the tank rusted through and sprung a leak.  While a little disgusting it wasn't a big deal, until I went to buy a new one.  I've been wanting to try the GE Geospring. This has a heat pump on it and is supposed to reduce your electric usage by 1/2 to 2/3. Last year they had a $400.00 rebate from the local electric company.  This year............. no rebate  .  That was the frustrating thing. Almost enough to make a grown man .     I think I can get a Federal Tax credit for next year though that should be worth $300.00.

Planning on getting in about 7-8 miles later this afternoon.

QOTD: Normally I have a clue about college b-ball. Not this year. For some reason this year I haven't been following it at all so I have no idea who to root for.  If I do follow any of the games I'll check each day and pick the underdog.  Go Middle Tennessee !!!!! 

NHLA

9 miles on the trails. Nice day. Wolf Mt.- High Rocks - Long Rocks

qotd  North Carolina.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run and feeling like...pooh! Sore throat, headache, etc.  A couple co-workers had strep this week so wondering if that is what it is. Been years since I had strep throat. Might need a trip to the doc here soon.  

But on a good note, I got in to Oil Creek 100k as part of their new crazy registration process.  

QOTD: For many years, I spent an obscene amount of time on March Madness.  Not so much anymore.  I didn't even do a bracket this year.  I have watched a little but otherwise I don't care.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

bagge_pants

Enjoy he run with the new fastback Warden!

I did a swim after work. Saw some flippers there and put them on and did some leg sprints across the pool holding my breath at times. It was a good, impromptu workout. Foam rolled a bunch.

QOTD: no, never got into March madness. I like NBA though.

Daydreamer1

But on a good note, I got in to Oil Creek 100k as part of their new crazy registration process.  

I was going to follow it today just to see if I could have gotten in. I thought about it in the middle of my project and decided it wasn't worth my time since I wasn't going to actually sign up for it anyway.

Not sure if I like the process. It seems to me that there are several other, better,  ways to do it. One would be via lottery and the other would be to allow first timers or those who haven't run it in the past three years to have first chance with repeat runners getting in via lottery.

Sandy-2

Yesterday (Sat) did 13, was supposed to do 10 today, but slept in instead.  I'll probably get a few miles in later before dinner. We have a few errands to do today.

Qotd: not really following closely this year.

tbd.