Trailer Trash

Wild Weekender (Read 17 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning...long time since posting. It is a beautiful day here. Planning a nice 10 miler later today. My running has been sporadic. You would think that with nearly 6 months of unemployment I would be trained and ready for an ultra. Unfortunately, no. That frustration, plus helping my parents get their house of 50 years ready to put up for sale, living with them and transitioning from the child to parent role and trying to find someplace they can afford to move to. I also helped plan and put on a small wedding for my daughter and helped her and the kids move to Indiana, and a constant flow of job hunting.

I have a job I start on September 18, my parents' house sold two days ago and they (and I with them) will move to a mobile home. Each day their health waxes and wanes, more waning than waxing. By mid October the move should be done and I will have a routine.

I have looked in now and again to check up on you all. I really needed to take notes. Hurricanes and fires everywhere! I am lucky to be here in the boring Midwest!

QON: Which race did you run in Michigan?

I hope that I will be posting and running more now that employment will bring some routine. I hope everyone has had a great weekend.

AT: it sounds like you and your wife are the "meat" of the sandwich...surrounded by needs of elderly.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Morning folks. Just got back from my HM. Happy with my time and effort. Not an all out record, but respectable. It's mostly on a paved bike trail and hillier than I remembered.

Moonlight! So good to hear from you. And holy cow, life has been keeping you busy. Glad to hear about the new job, house sale, wedding and move. Hope things settle down for a quiet stretch for a bit.

And Happy Birthday, Queen!

qotd: for today, I've got a nap planned.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

moonlight- welcome back and congrats on your new employment!

got a nice 12 miles in this morning, it's smoky (Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups), but I must be getting used to it????

Going to take Tiny Elvis out pretty soon for 3-4ish

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Warden...who is Tiny Elvis?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden...who is Tiny Elvis?

he's our relatively new (he's 10 months) dog- half Chihuahua, half Yorkshire- Chorkie 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Awww! Very cute...somehow not the dog I pictured you with. You are going to have to knit him a thick sweater for winter running!

Daydreamer1

Good 5.5 mile run with some walking. I had targeted a 12 minute average pace expecting to do a fair amount of walking but my leg behaved pretty well and I was able to turn in a 9:37 pace.  Lovely weather.

Moonlight - Sounds like you had a busy summer. Glad to hear you were able to get another job and good to see you post again.

Sound like several of us are in the same general boat with our parents as mine seem to be getting more frail every time I see them.  Hopefully they all try to make rational decisions as they age.  That is the problem with mine, especially my mother.  I have no clue how to deal with them even though I helped with my grandparents and we were the main caregivers for my MIL.

Daydreamer1

QOTD: No big plans.  Today I started building a gaga ball pit for the kids.  Just google it.  It is a real thing.  I should be able to finish it tomorrow and they should be happy to play that for a long time.  Our backyard is starting to become a bit of a kid's dreamland.  Recently I finished a double set of monkey bars and now the gaga pit.  I need to get a new ball for our tether ball pole and I also want to put in a slack line.  

If I could only get the grass to grow well?!?

Never heard of it but that sounds interesting.  Sounds like a great backyard!!!

As far as the grass goes you can always grow that when you're old and the kids are gone . Plus it saves you money on the gas bill for the mower.

Sandy-2

Quick drive by today. Sitting on the plane to Paris so I don't have much time. I will quickly add that the 2nd half of yesterday's run was a little faster than the 1st half as I was trying to stay out of the grasp of the long arm of the law.

Did the 2nd 20 mi of my b2b 20s early this morning. Felt good, 15 min faster then yesterday, but no sand, downed trees and maintenance guys to slow me down today.

See ya later...

tbd.

LB2

Got about another 8 today. Six was running, pretty fast. The other two was trail work. 58 miles this week. 60+ next week. Legs feeling pretty good but quads are a little cooked, as they should be.

LB2

Happy birthday Queen!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR