Trailer Trash

Step right in, the Thursdaily (Read 17 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

nice run yesterday evening, 5-ish miles on clearing trails- about a third nearly snow free; going to shoot for 5-ish this evening

qotd: do you live close to relatives?  my oldest daughter and family are close by (Montana standards) about 120 miles; youngest is in Milwaukee; my family is almost all east coast, in laws mostly in the NW part of Montana- none in the same town

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

Going running with Sandy at Flat Rock Park this afternoon. Beautiful day.

A female runner was raped tues morn on 3rd street. She doesn't have a good desciption of him so I'm afraid he might get away with it.

3rd st is part of our hood. Low cost houseing.I never run thru there.

qotd  500 mile rule. Far enough away to stop random visits.

NHLA

DD made me a scone

Daydreamer1

Decent run last night. Finished up the last part of it walking with DW and DD.  Met 3 pooches and one dog.  Harsh words were exchanged  between the dog and myself  but I could have gotten poochie kisses from the other three .

Just spent a couple of hours trying to get my CDL and physical for that renewed and up to date. What a mess. I know why people just quit working and go on welfare.

It's a lovely day and I should head up on the mountain but I have too much stuff to do so It will be 7-8 miles on the dirt roads today.

QOTD: Parents live 5 miles away. Younger brother lives 5.4 miles away. Older brother lives about 4.2 miles away, I think. For all I know he could be living in CO or be dead, they don't have anything to do with us.  DW's sister and niece used to live 200-300 yards away from us. Then they got tired of me and moved far, far away .  Actually one went to MI because their church asked them to, and the other one bought a farm in MS. They both now live in central MI.  DW has two nieces in TX and a brother in OH.  There are some cousins scattered about but none of them really close.

Oh yea, DD lives in an apartment on our property. My MIL had lived there until she died. DS moved out and lives about 60 miles away.

LB2

4.25 mile loop this morning. It was sluggish. I had a long day yesterday, and even though I was asleep before 9, 3:45 came quite early.

QOTD: In laws live about 1/4 mile down the gravel road from me. My parents live about 15 miles away. My oldest daughter lives in Denver and says she is never coming back except to visit. I don't blame her. I am going out there in April for a few days to climb Pike's Peak with her and hopefully, hike up Green Mt. with cgerber.

LB2

runtraildc

Yoga and no running day. But it's so beautiful out that I'm planning for a hike in the woods while the kids are in the pool.

qotd: closest is my sister at 425 miles in NH. The rest of the family (both sides) are in MN- 1,000 miles away. My mom has lived within a 10 mile radius her entire life (travels a lot, though).  I regret that our kids don't have the same experience with family as we did growing up. Biking three miles to grandma's. Cousins 5 minutes away. We visit as much as we can, though.  Sometimes distance can be a blessing, too.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Quite surprised to wake up and see a white world outside.  I got 4 miles in snow this morning.  The sun was lighting up the sky in pinks and blues...beautiful.  Got in the shower and my arse was itching!!  Always does when the fat thaws.  Took a look at myself in the mirror and had to laugh as all the fat areas of my body were glowing bright red. 

QOTD:  No

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

runtrail - I had the same experience as a kid; everyone lived in the same town (except a crazy aunt or the like). We used to have three Christmas's- Christmas Eve was spent with my Mom's side- Grandma and Grandpa, aunts, uncles and cousins; Christmas Day morning was our immediate family and Christmas afternoon was with my Dad's side- the whole gang. Summers we would stay with various aunts, uncles and both grandparents- lots of fond memories.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

URD today. Didn't sleep well last night and woke feeling worse. Not sure if bad cold or flu. So after a bit I decided to can a run and work in the woodshop.  Making 2 bedside tables for our bedroom.  I'm covered in sawdust, and for me, that's almost as good as being in the woods.  Still don't feel great, but I'm terrible at resting, so as they say it's active recovery. 

NHLA - your area is full of good news. Hope something better happens down there.

QOTD:  2 kids in Portland, OR, 1 kid about 25 miles away in York, PA.  Mom and one sister about 6 miles away.  Brother in Baltimore, MD and oldest sister in DC area. Cousins all spread out now but up until a few years ago most were still in DC area where I grew up.  I was the first one to move far away when I went to grad school. Up until that time, we had most of the family within the metro DC area.  DW's family is all from Baltimore, or as they say Ball-mer. 15 years ago her parent's moved to Sun City (near Hilton Head Island, SC) and bitch that they never see anyone anymore. Her dad now regrets all the things he missed with the grandkids, as they never saw any of their sport activities, except for 1 swim meet when DD#1 swam at Y Nationals, which were held not too far from them in Charlotte, NC.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got in the shower and my arse was itching!!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I did one of my “instant runs” early this morning, 3 mi on the roads around my neighborhood.

MT – nearly snow-free?  Whoa here it’ll be 83 deg today.

NHLA – terrible news, hope they catch the guy and cut his nuts off.

DD1 – when I run along the bayou most dogs are off-leash but the owners are nearby, so far they’ve all been good.

LB2 – You should do one of the other more remote 14ers, you can drive or take a train up Pikes Peak.

runtraildc – enjoy the hike.

QoN – okay. . . .   I guess my whole body would be red.

AT – feel better soon.

qotd: DS lives in Nashville, DD lives 30 minutes away. Most of my and DW’s family still live in the northeast, and I have a brother who lives near San Francisco.

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

The weather has started the change back to a more seasonal condition. I guess that's how it should be but damn, I sure was enjoying the last 10 days or so. Oh well, Heading to Florida in 2 weeks so I think I can make it.

About to head out for a short easy road run in the hood. As much as I'd like to have a bigger day I think I have to be patient.

QOTD--I have 3 sisters, one in Tucson, one in Richmond, the last about 10 minutes from here. Those are the perfect distances from me.  Sadly though, my daughter is in the Salt Lake City metro area and that is way too far.  DW's family is all very local. Oh well. 

LB2 – You should do one of the other more remote 14ers, you can drive or take a train up Pikes Peak.

Agreed. Add to that also Mt. Evans which is beautiful but also a drive up.  Depending on how they are defined I think there are 59 14ers. Lots of great hike options though I'm not sure you'll be summitting any in April.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Stopped by Blue Marsh lake on my way back from a work meeting and ran 3.2 on trail.  First time in a while on trail and boy it felt good.  Well it really didn't feel good because my back is still acting up but the sights and smells of the trail were great.  Temps are 70+.  What is going on that Queen is running in snow in Cali and we are running in near summer temps in PA in February.  Crazy!

QOTD: I have three that live just a few feet from me.  Parents live 10 minutes away.  Brother 90 min, sister 90 min.  Another sister that lives in MA (6 hours).  DW's family are all close.

Have a great evening!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Staggered through7.4 miles in 65 degree temperature.

qotd: Sometimes I think it would be nice to have family nearby. Growing up I had a couple uncles and their families in bike riding distance, but now everyone is scattered all over the country from me in PA to a cousin in CA, daughter in FL, and grandkids in KS and TX.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.