Trailer Trash

Winter wants to stay Wednesdailies (Read 22 times)

adkkev

qotd: Naked & Afraid is, from what I understand, a bit scripted and there is far more support provided than the show wishes to portray (although not quite as bad as Bear's show).  Has anyone watched this series?  https://www.history.com/shows/alone

Seems a bit more realistic but still a film crew around (I think).

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

qotd: Naked & Afraid is, from what I understand, a bit scripted and there is far more support provided than the show wishes to portray (although not quite as bad as Bear's show).  Has anyone watched this series?  https://www.history.com/shows/alone

Seems a bit more realistic but still a film crew around (I think).

naked and afraid definitely has film crews/emergency folks close by and very likely scripted in parts. Alone is the show I was referring to- no film crews, they give you a couple of cameras and a two week crash course on how to run them. You get a sat phone for emergency use (or to tap out), but they are hours away. The do make one weekly medical checkup on the contestants.

it’s a much (much) better show in my opinion

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

it’s a much (much) better show in my opinion

I'll have to check that one out.  But I hope you don't give up on trying to get in.  I think that would be really cool!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

NorthernHarrier

I'm trying to decide if I should run around the hood for 5-6 or take another day off to rest my balky calf. Should really rest but you guys understand I know. I do know that it isn't bothered at all on my elliptical so maybe that should be what I do.

QOTD- I have watched several/many episodes. I know they go to great lengths to get certain  personalties together for creative drama. My luck would be getting some real nut job assigned as my partner. But as mentioned the bug issues would probably be the real challenge though I have had some Ontario canoe trips that have rivaled the worst I've seen on that show.

The show that Warden mentioned sounds really cool. Sign me up please. 

Sandy-2

Quick drive-by tonight.  Crazy-busy at work and I'm nackered.  Did 5 early this morning, nice weather again.  Sorry about the nor'easter guys, but I do like the snow photos.

qotd: I think I saw one episode, the naked part seemed kinda dumb and of course it's just to increase the viewership.  mt and NH doing the alone show would be cool though.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Too much snow today, and had to entertain the kids after work because they had a snowday. Hopefully a few miles tomorrow, or just a snowshoe "run".

This is a picture of my car after I got out from work. Looks like I was a bit in a hurry driving to work this morning.

(Actually, there was barely any snow at all when I drove to work, it all accumulated while the car was parked).

QOTD: I watch Naked and Afraid every now and then. I like it, and despite the scripted scenes and the support behind the scenes it is interesting to see how much the social interaction between the partners affects their ability to make it through to the end, and how some are able to cope with even quite difficult partners, and others let things escalate and then give up.

I would definitely like to take on the challenge, even though the bugs would really bother me. But I doubt I would make it into the show. While they don't seem to have trouble letting old men participate, I highly doubt they do the same for old women. 

Run for fun.