Trailer Trash

You say it's your Birthday, Fridaily (Read 21 times)

Sandy-2

Had a great warm and rainy 10 miler this morning around the streets of Fukuoka. Pouring rain but I felt really good so the run was an easy jaunt. Always liked this place for some reason.

Now I'm in the airport headed for home. Plane home looks good, but so do those mountains in the distance. :-)

And yes, today's my birthday.

Qotd: do you run or take the time off when traveling for business or vacation?

I think you know my answer to this one...

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Birthday, Sandy!

SDD for me today - scheduled drive day. We're heading to Hilton Head Island for the week and we'll see DW's parent's and celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary.  They live in Sun City, a retirement community near the island.  Driving 5hrs after work and then another 5 tomorrow. Weather looks great for the week, and we have our usual running spots all set.  I'll post alligator pics when I can, we always see a few on our runs.

QOTD:  See above.  With both of us being runners, we typically plan our vacation spots around "where to run".  When I do have to travel for seminars, I usually go to ones where I know I can get away on a trail.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Happy Birthday Sandy!!! May you have many more, and I hope you are travelling first class today, or at least getting treated that way.

BTW, that route of yours looks a bit like a map of Italy. Weird.

Last night the Lady and I had a relaxing run over on the rocky side of Green Lane. Kept it easy and fun, except for a brief period of time when I saw another group of trail runners ahead. I just had to take them down. We connected my loop with the new found cut through trail which is like a river of rocks in some places. Fun but slow going there. Tonight, I'd like to get in 8 or 9 at Coventry Woods. Snow on Sunday, WTF?!

QOTD: Yes, I like to run/explore while travelling. I'll seek out trails if possible but in new places road, sidewalk, or street running is fine too and is a way to explore. I did an urban run one year while visiting San Francisco. A big loop (20+ miles) through downtown, the embarcadero, fishermen's wharf, out/back on the GG bridge, land's end, and golden gate park. Later when my wife and I were cruising around as tourists she was surprised how well I knew my way around.

Harrier - from yesterday, the Lady is a german short haired pointer. I do have a springer, a 12 year old male, but he has retired from trail running... and yes, he plopped and swam in the water all the time. Still does when hiking.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Happy Birthday!! Hope it is (was) a good one.

Got in a bit over 5 last night. I have been fighting a bad sore throat and it's not any better today.  Hope it's just a sore throat and does not turn into the flu.  Lots of people around here getting the flu.

I was thinking the same thing about your map Sandy - looks like Italy.

QOTD: I try to sneak in runs on work trips (which are usually only within the regular work hours).  I call it my "lunch break".  On vacations, I try and sneak out early before the kids get up and explore.  Usually it's down the shore but this year we're are going to Chincoteague so I look forward to running and seeing new sights.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy Birthday Sandy- enjoy it!

Found my way yesterday and was able to hook the trails up- this years 30k is going to be tougher yet, longer, but more importantly more ascent

strength training this evening

qotd: most of our vacations are centered around hiking/backpacking, if not my running gear gets thrown in

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  and happy birthday Sandy.   rest day for the legs today.  Between yoga, gardening/hauling compost and last night's interval run, they deserve a rest.  I'll get to the gym shortly for some strength work.

qotd:  Always.  When I traveled for work, running always helped determine where I stayed.  Although it was often early morning road running, it was always a great way to discover a city.  Had some great SF and Seattle runs for example.  Detroit, not so much.  I'm a light packer and my running stuff usually outweighs my 'normal' clothes.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Backs doing better but decided to wait until I am hone on soft trails to tun... All cement here.  Dud walk 3 mikes in about the time it takes me to run 4 😆

Qotd:  yes I usually run on vacations or business trips.  I try to find trails on the internet before goung but usually have to do city runs.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

DigDug2

10 on the roads at lunchtime.  Beautiful day - looks like we're getting an early spring snowstorm this weekend.

QOTD:  definitely on vacation - I view most vacations as opportunities to run more, not less, and I love running as a way to see a new place, whether it's in a city or in nature.  Work travel is tougher due to less flexibility (and often jet lag), but I always pack my running stuff and try to get out a few times.

NHLA

Walking the dog on the top of Echo Mt. They are fixing up the park at Jump Off Rock. It is going to be nice.

qotd  I always mix travel and running. Anytime I get to run on flat ground is OK.

bagge_pants

Happy Birthday Sandy

A swim today after work was had. 

QOTD: in the last four years all my travels have included running or hiking. Before that it was mostly skateboarding and walking on trips.